I'll Carry You

By MistressAli

 

A/N: It's another Snively/Bunnie songfic that I started a while ago, and didn't get very far on. This one has the lyrics from two songs, 'I'll Carry You' and 'Milkdrunk', both from Halou (a very good electronica band, check 'em out). I may or may not finish this one some day!

 

Lyrics are (c) Halou and contained in the ><

The characters are (c) DIC, Archie and Sega.

 

>How does it feel<

 

Snively:

In a way, patching a hole was one of the most frightening experiences of his life. More frightening than a thousand fathers of his screaming, a thousand blunt and furious fists of other kin bearing down for his failures. Patching this hole was a risky business. Clogging one hole meant opening other areas that were vulnerable, naive from disuse.

 

He stared across the small living room to where Bunnie sat at the kitchen table. It was night. The moon was gone. Covered by clouds. Or maybe it was just a moonless night. He didn't know. He hadn't been outside.

 

There had been a hole inside him. A hole she filled with every glance at her lips, her lowered eyelashes, lime eyes flitting over the book she read, her hands, so different, yet both beautiful in their own ways, organic and robotic holding loosely onto the book's spine.

 

And she didn't know. She didn't know her role as a patcher for a ripped quilt.

 

>How does it feel

to know that you are loved so much?<

 

He loved her. So achingly, he yearned for her. This was the hole being filled. His capacity to love. He remembered his mother, dear and sickly. Dying, then gone. He'd loved her. A heart-stopping bone-marrow deep love. It was true, yet different. That was always inside him. But this hole...this ability to love someone else, love them enough to want to suffer through eternities of hells and die together in their arms, for dread of missing one second away from them, this was a different love and he hadn't had it before. It was a gaping hole.

 

But no longer.

 

The trouble was he found himself worse off. When the hole had been empty, so had he. Nothing but the rage and pain and dreadful hurt, but they were familiar to him and he could deal. Not this. He couldn't handle this.

 

>How does it feel<

 

And she was beyond his reach. Out of his league.

 

>To be accepted so completely?<

 

She was so filled with love. Her own, and the love from her friends. She was so kind to all, and they in turn loved her. Even with her 'mutation'...her metallic parts...they still accepted her.

He envied this...in a sense. Because a large part of him still resented THEM, the Freedom Fighters, because of the pain they had wrought for him in the darkness of the city. He could not just blame Julian. They triggered Julian, therefore they were at fault too. Right?

 

>How does it feel<

 

She was making him think it was wrong. Her kindness was permeating into him.

 

>to know that you mean everything to someone?<

 

 

I'll carry you lyrics:

 

How does it feel

To know that you are loved so much?

How does it feel

To be accepted so completely?

How does it feel

To mean everything to someone?

How does it feel

To know that you're exactly what I wanted?

 

Love you more than you can see

(How does it feel?...To know that you are loved)

This is everything you are to me

 

Milkdrunk lyrics:

 

When I reach beyond myself

I'm amazed at what I find

There's a world outside of me

So much anger, so much rage

When I reach beyond myself

Overwhelmed and afraid

There's a world bigger than me

And I just take it in.

 

I just take it in.

Outside myself...

(I just take it in)

There's a world bigger than me

(I just take it in)

So much anger, so much rage

(I just take it in)

So much hatred, so much fear...

And I just take it in.