Oblivion/Hell
By MistressAli

Oh God
This is the brink.
It roars behind me. The fire. Licking my back. I scream. Oh God it hurts. Cry a tear from your eye to soothe me.

A gust of wind. The window has shattered outwards. Is this my oblivion? The edge looms, I peer down. Oh God. It is too far. Can't see the ground, can't see the ground.

My oblivion. One foot trembles and lifts. I can see sky between the space of my leg. Oh God. The wind's so cold. 

My hell. The fire is lust, burning for me. I can feel its want, clutching my legs, burning white flesh to black. No, please, God, unleash a flood from your eyes.

The hell is gone. I can't stand it. Legs launch me forth into pale air. I am suspended. Oh God. Is that your fingers underneath me? Am I held up?

But no. There is no hand and I plummet. An innocent without his guardian. I can't see. No winged warrior to guide my hand. No divine breath to slow this descent.

Oh God. Hold me up. 

I am falling. Break-neck speeds. I can see the shattered windows of this tower. I can see them inside. Screaming, running. The hell is there too. Will they choose those flames, or this route into oblivion?

I can't see anymore. Where is the ground? There is too much smoke. I fade out. This is a sleep I will not wake from. I know. I can see it now. The debris below. 

A question in mind. Why? Why Why? Who would wish to create this horror? And where...

...Is my divine hand, my tear to cool the blistering flesh? Not there, only the wind tears at my back and gravity pulls at my soul, to spiral down so fast and far, and now I can see the ground, and the bodies there, and now there is blackness. 

And then nothing.

My oblivion.

My Hell.

9/11/2001