truly a hero

mistressali

 

Characters are (c) Sega/ Archie / Dic and used without permission.

 

 

My idol, my friend, is this what you do when you come to the city alone?

I never knew. I wish I didn't have to see. I'm going to cry. I'm going to vomit. Or maybe both; heat rising in my belly and in my eyes.

 

The dark one speaks first, and his voice is frightening, powerful, lust. 'Just let me do this to you, and I'll let them live. You know I have the power to kill them.'

 

'Please, don't kill them. They mean everything.'

 

'I know. That's why you break for me. You're clay in my hands and I'll bend you. They think I could never have you, break you, they think my rage is over you.

They don't know I have you.

 

Just let me go... a little further with you... and I'll spare them. '

 

'I don't want to.' He whimpers as the hands roam.

 

'Be still my love, my toy. It won't hurt. It won't hurt a bit. You'll enjoy it. Like you always do.'

 

And his hands grip at the other's hips, he makes a pushing motion with his legs. I think...I think I know what he's doing.

 

Ugh. The idol cringes and lets out a painful sound.

 

I want to cry and I am. I'm just a kid. I can't take this. My idol shattered. It feels like my heart is cloven in two.

 

'I won't let them know...' he breathes... 'that I have machines faster... faster than you. They'll never have to know. It can stay a game, a game between us all.'

 

'It's not a game. It's real.'

 

'Oh...ssssh sssh. Don't tense up so. You're making it difficult for me. Ahhh...' he groans. 'They think you're clean but you're dirty inside. As dirty as me.'

 

'OhGods...What if someone sees? What if he walks in?' His hands are gripping onto the dark one's shoulders.

 

'He won't. He listens to me.'

 

Oops, he's at the door, he's wanting in.

 

'He'll tell everyone. To hurt both of us. Don't let him see.'

 

'No he listens to me, see: No, go away, I'm busy. Brooding. You don't want to interrupt my thoughts, now do you?'

 

'No, no of course not!' And we all hear his little feet patter away.

 

'Maybe I'll give you to him, one day. The poor boy never gets any.'

 

'Ugh... that's disgusting.' My idol is being moved up and down; his eyes are sealed closed. He looks like he is sick.

 

I think I'm going to vomit. I'm going to. Now...i'll just leave. I can pretend, pretend I didn't see this, maybe?

 

Yes, I'm leaving now.

 

Arghhh... a howl and a breathy laugh. 'Oh, that was good, my enemy. How did you enjoy yourself? I see. I see I made you happy too.'

 

'No.' But the idol's voice is not strong anymore. It's weak defiance, no, it can't even be called defiance. It's futile disagreement.

 

'Don't worry', the other voice purrs. 'They'll live till the next time. You decide their fate, you know. You truly are a hero.'

 

And he laughs and laughs.

 

 

I leave vomit in the airduct. I don't want to see him again, not after seeing him like that.

But I have to meet him, I have to pretend everything's alright.

 

**

 

Sonic Hedgehog came trudging up to the junk piles on the edge of Robotropolis. His fur was wet and his cheeks were flushed.

 

Tails was waiting for him. 'Are... are you ok, Sonic?'

 

Sonic smiled, and now Tails could see how forced the gesture was. How false. How couldn't he have seen it before?

 

'Yeah, Robotnik ain't ever gonna hurt any of us, Tails. I'll make sure of that.'

 

 

**