Jealousy

By MistressAli

The characters and places here are (c) to Sega, Archie, and DIC, and are used without permission.

 

:D Hey all... got an idea, wrote it out very quickly... I kinda like doing these short lil things... Yeah. Anyway. It's really short... but don't worry, I have 2 longer stories that I will be posting soon. (oh joy, right ;P)

 

 

 

*Jealousy*

 

To you, my enemy, I will admit this. In my mind only. Never aloud.

 

You have everything I want.

 

You have love.

 

I see it in the princess's eyes, as she clings to your chest. I see it in the fox child, as his eyes glimmer adoration for you. I see it in the nameless others, as they cheer for you, chanting your name like a holy mantra.

Not only are you their beloved, you are their hope.

 

I have none. Shunned as child...they *feared* my gift, my intelligence. And so they locked theirselves away from me. Hoping I would crave their affection enough to give in and act dumb.

 

Mommy, daddy, I couldn't turn away from myself.

 

Respect. You have such respect. If Sally is the torch, then you are the flame that lights it. I hear, on surveillance, you quarrel, but she holds you in high regard. I see that much, even if you don't. It shines like a beacon in the others.

 

I have none. Only monotone obedience from robots I have built to act in that very way. I have sullen glances from a bitter nephew. He obeys by fear alone. I have hurt him too badly but cannot change my ways. He would see me as weak and seek to destroy me.

 

Beauty. Yes, enemy of mine, even I crave beauty. You with your silken fur of cobalt, those eyes that gleam like chaos emeralds.... you are aerodynamic and graceful, a unique creature.

 

I sit in my throne, surrounded by shining metal. Oh, my *creations* are gorgeous. But I am a stark contrast, an obese man, unattractive. I have built myself up to be strong, and strong I am, but the beauty I lack.

 

Power.

 

I have it.

 

But you have more.

I can only rely on machines and robots to act as my fist, to crush the rebellion.

 

But you....

In your own two legs, in those red-clad feet, you have power to destroy robots, outrun lasers, go neck and neck with time itself.

 

And last, my enemy, but not least, for it torments my dreams (yes, even I dream) and fills my waking thoughts....

 

...Freedom. You have a freedom you will never know.

 

You would argue. You would say you aren't free, but you are.  You return to the

city of your own free will; a life in the forest, carefree, could be yours. Maybe I would not pursue you if you did not come to me...

Asking for the fight. Wanting the fight?

 

But I... I am trapped in a stalemate. I cannot surrender; I have no one to protect me, to trust me, for me to trust.

 

I cannot surrender, and you will not.

 

The battles drag on; neither side wins. I only want my vision to come to be, and

you only want your way of life back. So on we both fight, and I wither away in

this city, in this throne, unable to *live*.

 

And at this moment, my enemy, I lose something you will never see, and I will

never admit, even to myself. A finger erases it from memory and sight.

 

Sonic...

 

A tear slips free from my eye.

 

**