Sonic and Sally Take 2

By MistressAli

All characters mentioned are (c) Sega/Dic/Archie.

 

A voice hissed like winter wind. Cold. Uncaring. A mouth grinned below an orange mustache.

 

"He's the one who knew. Kill him."

 

With blatant nonchalance, the SWATbot broke the young fox's neck.

 

*cracK*

 

**

 

Later.

 

"Sally, you're gettin' to be a regular damsel in distress!"

 

She laughed. "I'm sorry I can't be flawless like you, Sonic!"

 

She called him flawless. It made him laugh. She never called him flawless. Because he was always screwing up.

 

He should've known it was an odd comment. But he never looked deeper than the surface.

 

A smug smirk was plastered on his face. "Yeah yeah, I know." His voice changed slightly, losing some of the bravado edge. "I'm just glad Robotnik didn't have chance to... to do anything to you, Sally."

 

He looked away.

 

If he hadn't, he might've noticed just how dead her eyes were.

 

**

 

"I wonder where Tails is?" said Rotor later.

 

**

 

Sally was being touchy.

 

It was making Sonic hot. He'd rescued her today from Robotnik's clutches, seen her helpless. Gods, that turned him on more. She always made him feel dumb, clumsy. Always rushing into things, she said. Where were you when the brains were handed out, she said. And it hurt, but he didn't show it.

 

It felt so damn good to see, even with all her knowledge, all her superior intellect, the princess rendered helpless. And he, no longer a stumbling fool, charging through to free her from Hell, better known as Robotropolis.

 

Yeah, it turned him on to know she owed him one, this time.

 

Did she know what he felt? He wondered, oh he wondered, because they were away from the nightly campfire and her hands were wandering onto his thighs.

 

He panted.

 

He wondered if the others would hear them, or if someone would wander through the woods and see them. Maybe Tails?

 

A frown touched his face. He hadn't seen Tails all day...

 

**

 

Tails was the one who knew. With his childish intuition he'd known it wasn't her before. He'd known it was a *fake*. He could sense it. Even when it touched him with reassuring hands he'd known the touch to be false.

 

**

 

"Oh, Sally..." he groaned. He arched back. She was down on her knees, not a very royal position, no indeed. He didn't care. He didn't care that this wasn't how she normally acted.

 

Tails had noticed, even in her attempts to cloud the other's minds, that she was *fake*.

 

Sonic closed his eyes. He didn't see her hand raise, the claws shoot out like razor blades, metal, gleaming, a robot's talons.

 

"You were wrong, Sonic," she said. "You failed again. Robotnik got to me. Or should I say, her."

 

"HUH?!" And his eyes snapped open.

 

He realized now. His folly. He hadn't looked closely enough, as usual. He'd charged in. He hadn't learned from his mistakes.

 

How could he fall for the same thing twice?

 

Tails would've known. But he hadn't seen Tails all day...

 

(*crack*)

 

The robot duplicate of Sally swung her talons around and cut his throat.

 

He fell to the ground, felt his blood slip away.

 

For once in his life he did something perfectly. He didn't rush into it. He tried to hold back. He planned all his goodbyes in his head and let them go in bubbles of blood from his mouth.

 

Sonic's death was absolutely flawless.