Anonymous Threat

Anonymous Threat

By Ape32

Disclaimer: I own nothing. Everything belongs to Sega/Dic/Archie.

Note that when I wrote this, the Enerjak Reborn Storyline was half done, and after finishing it I put it on the backburner until now, so some things won’t be taken into account from the Comics. Basically this was written as a response to hearing that there was meant to be a differant revelation as to who "Anonymous" was in the comics... you'll know what I mean, if you read the comics. Alrighty then, enjoy this outdated and poorly conceived piece of fiction.


For over a year I watched from the outside, watched the planet Mobius.

MY Mobius; MY planet.

Watched as crisis after crisis unfurled before my very eyes. Watched as heroes rose and villains fell. Watched as beasts of ancient yore tore through the world in chaotic maelstrom, and as beings beyond the veil of the galaxy tried to finish an age old vendetta. Saw such cosmo-shattering events that it would surpass the belief of lesser beings…. Oh yes, I have seen what has been going down on Mobius.

I smile.

I frown.

It was by accident that my attentions were drawn here. Tampering with things beyond his control, Eggman’s activities on Mobius were what drew me there, what made me… remember.

Eggman…

You started out with such promise. You struck at a weakened Mobius, a Mobius lulled into a false sense of security by the seeming death of its former ruler. I will not deny you had your moments; you displayed admirable ingenuity and cunning, ruthlessness that made sure that the inhabitants of the world would fear and hate you. You’ve done so much…

… You’ve lost so much.

All that was taken from Mobius was returned, under your reign.

The once invincible global empire that struck terror into all, now engages in regular combat to maintain your hold. Early on it was not like this. Early on they were all too cowed and afraid to resist in such a blatant manner.

You continue to fail to crush them. You continue to fail at killing the hedgehog.

Sonic... it fits that he remains, despite it all. He’s the hero after all. Of course he gets to remain.

But are you the villain, Eggman? You seemed to think so; enough so that you would try your hand again at conquering a world, like you did the last time. And to be fair, you did as well as you could given the circumstances.

Too bad that despite all that, you STILL met with failure.

The hedgehog does not fear you; he laughs at you.

The hedgehog does not hate you; he smiles when he sees you, playfully even.

The hedgehog does not respect you even vaguely; you’re a joke as far as he is concerned.

A terrible joke indeed, Eggman. Who am I, who judges so harshly of your performance? Who am I who derides and scorns your every last move?

I am Anonymous.

Ahhh, but did you not already deal with that threat? Did you not already uncover the conspiracy of Anonymous? Did you not thwart him, along with your “arch-nemesis” Sonic? Was it not your own computer program “son”, A.D.A.M?

Poor fool. You fell for it. Like everyone else on the planet, you bought into the great lie.

Don’t you know by now, nothing is ever as it seems? Allow me to explain…

In the Zone I inhabit, I am God. Much as Ixis Naugus was within the confines of the Zone of Silence, here I can do anything. Much like Feist is within that same realm, now merged with the Void and renamed the “Special Zone”. Here I can control everything, make almost anything. I am not all powerful; I do not see all, hear all, and sense all. What I make, must be able to work within reason.

But for someone with my knowledge, that is no problem whatsoever. I call this Zone the Chaos Zone. Why that? Because that is what it is; a swirling vortex of chaos, the nothingness from which springs matter and order. Like from myths of old, this place is wild, fathomless… primal.

And totally malleable by the sheer willpower of my mind.

Here I built my palace, my bastion of order amongst the chaos.

Here I reside, watching over Mobius, now alerted to its state thanks to you, Eggman. If not for you, I suppose I would not realize how badly I am needed back there.

But then again, thanks to you, there are certain experiences that I am now robbed of… and that just gets to me.

It is from my Zone, in my palace of cold steel and glowing circuitry that I made my plans and observed the goings on Mobius; saw what everyone was up to. It was in this way that I hatched my plan; Eggman opened the door of possibility for me when he furthered weakened the Zone barriers, and I simply took advantage.

For over a year I have been putting the pieces in place, modifying the plan to suit those things the occurred beyond my control. In all honestly, little has truly changed; the plan continues without anyone even suspecting a thing.

It was easy to cross the Zones and set to work on A.D.A.M. Reprogramming him and controlling him from even beyond the prime Zone… for a genius of my caliber, a way was found. And I used it to my full advantage.

All the manipulations thought to belong to A.D.A.M. where mine.

Anonymous Determined A.D.A.M’s Movements. Not the other way around.

It was I who orchestrated the end of the Ancient Walkers.

I who helped Eggman to become the preeminent power on Mobius.

I who unleashed Mogul and subsequently imprisoned him.

I who drove Eggman to destroy that beloved “daughter” of his, Mecha, and his servile “son”.

I who have made him so paranoid, that he no longer trusts his own creations. He even trusts that worthless worm Snively over them now; no matter how much more loyal and efficient they were in truth compared to that treacherous little blob of protoplasm.

And I know better then anyone what trusting that one will get you.

Two factions are weakened now thanks to me.

The Eggman Empire is diminished.

The Knothole Republic is content and arrogant. Eggman is no longer their main concern.

And soon a third will be under my sway.

And I don’t even have to lift a finger.

Angel Island. The Echidna. The Dingo.

The Echidna are fractured despite the dire threat to their race; the Dark Legion squabbles, and the Dingo slaughter the Echidna. And during all that some upstart, Doctor Finitevus, seeks to recreate the glory that was Enerjak. And through Knuckles too. Such a delicious irony…. One worthy of me.

And so Knuckles has become Enerjak. Friend has turned against friend, and the Eggman exhausts his resources to contain and control this latest threat.

I know the outcome.

The outcome will be a Mobius with tired heroes.

A Mobius with no more major powers able to fight me.

A world divided, weakened and too busy picking up the pieces.

A world perfect for my return.

I have used the Chaos Zone well; my forces are many, my army massive. It is poised, ready to strike upon my command.

I will reclaim what was stolen from me.

I will recapture the glory that was denied me.

I will regain everything the hedgehog stole from me.

I will have my empire, and more.

This world will once again tremble at my name.

At the cusp of my ultimate victory, I lost it all. But I’m getting it back. Piece by piece, I’m getting it back. And soon…. Soon it will all be mine again.

Mobius will belong to Doctor Ivo Robotnik, as it should. My pretender will be swept aside; my enemies shall be crushed beneath my heel.

And the hedgehog?

Well, I’m saving that part for myself. I can’t give away all my secrets, now can I?

And so I sit here in my base, at the heart of the new kingdom I’ve created for myself, watching as that self-pitying fool Enerjak ruins everything he loved as Knuckles. Watch as Eggman, Sonic, the freedom fighters, and everyone else exhaust themselves over Enerjak. I watch as they bring the world ever closer to becoming mine to maim.

I smile.