Legalities: Again, I don't own it. So don't take it. Please.

Warning: This is not to put down old people, or anything like it. This story is based on my own experiences while I helped during a summer at an old folk's home. So...don't bash me based on what I write. Please. It's just---an interesting take on what happens in real life dealing with old people. 'k? Please read on... (And sorry for the long intro!)

The Days



1st day: I am sitting in a room. I look around......I see......a bed, a rocking chair and a bathroom as well. Am I in a baby's room? Oh, no. I am in my room. Where I shall spend my dying days.

4th day:Sonic and Sally have come to visit me. Sally comes over and repositions the blanket for me; I have apparently become very weak over these years. They sit down on the bed and tell me on how the kingdom is running and how every one is doing. Lunch comes, and they feed them as well. Sonic helps me to eat, he...........feeds me. The little twins, Sonia and Manic; they watch us carefully, wondering why their Father has to feed their old, old Uncle. I have had a wonderful time with them today; but they leave by 4pm. I am now left... alone, with only memories and the nurse for company.

2nd week: I have gotten sick. A backup of toxins from my previously roboticized state, they say. All I know is that I feel like shit. Being weak, enough is bad, but being weak and sick at once is not good. I haven't eaten in the last 5 days. They beg me, cajole me to eat. But I simply am not hungry. Therefore, when they place that horrid bowl of brown mush in front of me---I dump it on the floor beside the bed. And dare them to try to feed me.

2nd week, 4th day: I am very happy now, Sonic has come back! But he's not happy at all. He screams and rants at me for being stubborn, and for not eating what they give me. I try to explain that I do not want to eat the toxic mush they are trying to feed me. I'd much rather have chilidogs, those taste better. He stares at me incredulously for a few minutes, and then tells Sally and the kids that they are leaving, now. And again, I am alone. Nothing but me and the brown mush on the table.

1st month: It has gotten a little better now, though they must be trying to kill me...this room is so cold! I huddle under my blanket, getting more warmth from it. Then the door opens, Antoine and Bunnie have come to visit me! And Bunnie has brought some chilidogs, wonderful!

1st month, 3rd week: Well, I've had an embarrassing accident. 2 days ago, I slipped in the bathroom, and hurt myself. Sonic has come again, he is a bit calmer now, but he's angry still, despite I am now eating. He wonders aloud how this could have happened. Sally is standing in a corner, arms wrapped around her, softly weeping. I am wondering how badly I'm hurt, and why Sally is crying.............

................................

I-I've broken my hip, and I've been diagnosed with Alzheimer's...............

5th month: My hip's better, but I am forgetting some things. Like, did I eat? Did I pick up the mail? Was I coming or leaving? It's scary sometimes...my nephew, I don't remember him...only his name, Sonic. It worries me too. Why me? Oh! The Doctor came in yesterday, oh; and he is new too.' I had better try to remember who he is. He is large...and he has an orange mustache, and, why he has eyes like mine! We must be related!!!

Epilogue: This is not my Uncle's writing........... It is Sonic's. I have found this Journal among the items that the home gave us...when he was found dead, in his room. Strangled to death they say. And by who else? Ro-butt-nik. I can't believe him. Sunk so low as to harm an old man, about to die anyway..........damn him. I've thought about leaving this spot empty...but no one would know what happened to Sir Charles Alan Hedgehog. Well, you have the answer now........

Strangled to death by Julian Ivo Kintobor. And---well, the death record say is this----Julian Kintobor, shot to death by Maurice 'Sonic' Hedgehog. Yeah, I killed the bastard. May my Unc's soul rest in peace. Amen.'