Fallen Idol
Concept by The Tears of a Mad Man
Written by Sean Catlett and The Tears of a Mad Man

 

Chapter 4

 

 

 

It felt too good to be right.

The blood was still on his hands . . . he had been looking at it for about ten minutes. The crimson stained his gloves and fur . . . but he didn’t mind that too much. It was how much fun it was. Tails had never hurt anything other then a ‘bot before . . . this was all new to him.

He didn’t know what this was, insanity or enlightenment . . . but he didn’t care . . .

He wanted more.

 

**********

 

Sonic sighed to himself as he looked at the papers. Nothing made sense . . . Tails, the killer, people turning into puddles of blood, the old lady with holes through her arm . . . it felt like some kind of Stephen King movie, and that dream was something right out of a Dean Koontz book. With all these twists and turns . . . it was getting on his nerves. If only this was a simple case . . . like . . . say . . .

Villain A attacks City B, Hero C stops Villain A, and gets Whore D.

Simple, is it not?

But no, it had to be more complicated . . . Fuck.

Then something came to Sonic.

. . .

. . . He’d better get a lot of whores for this.

 

**********

 

As much as Tails tried to stop himself from rocking back and forth, he couldn’t. It just felt right . . . once in awhile he’d feel his head, flinging his hand away from his wound as a sting spread into it. Some blood trickled down his face, right by his mouth. Not really thinking about it, Tails licked it away, savoring the taste of the crimson liquid . . . . . . . . . . . .

He stopped himself . . . what the fuck was he doing? He was licking up his own blood . . . and liking it? Tails wiped his mouth, also trying to remove the rusty taste on his tongue. He looked over to Merrick’s body, which was still unmoving. When he first beat the crap out of him, he felt so bad that he might of killed the man . . . but now . . . he really didn’t care either way.

This was about the time Merrick’s body twitched, and a painful moan slid out of his lips . . .

 

**********

 

Amy peeked through the door, to see Sonic at Tails’ old desk, working on some stuff. She slowly walked up behind him . . .

"Still no idea where he could be, huh?”

Sonic nearly jumped out of his skin, but fell out of the seat instead.

Shit!” Sonic stood up, and looked at Amy. “You scared the blue off my quills!”

Amy blinked a few times before speaking again. “Man, you’re really jumpy. Maybe you should switch to decaf . . .”

Sonic sighed and sat back down, still unsure of what to do next. “Well Amy, it’s been a hard day . . . well, a hard last couple of days . . . I really need a break.”

You sure look like it . . . Hey, I came here to tell you I had an idea!”

Sonic rolled his eyes, his back was turned so she didn’t see.

*Wonderful* He thought. *Nothing better then getting some wacked-out advice from Amy . . . well, it’s not like I have anything . . .*

What is it?” he asked.

Well . . . Tails seems to have changed, so you have to change the Tails you think you know.”

Sonic looked over his shoulder at Amy, his eye brow raising. “Which means . . . ?”

Amy smiled her peppy little smile, happy she had grabbed her hero’s attention. “Well, where Tails would like to go would be the obvious choice . . . buuut, this can’t be the Tails we used to know. Something’s changed. So, so have his hiding spots! I say, look in the last place you think he would go!”

Sonic thought about this for awhile . . . *Its not that he’s changed . . .* He thought, *It’s that for some reason he hates me now . . . but she still does have a point.*

Well Amy, that’s not a half bad idea! Good job!” He forced a smile for her. It was the least he could do.

She smiled a smile too. A smile so bright it could light up the entire New York sewage system.

Anything for you, Sonic!” She gave him a big hug and kiss and left the room. Sonic felt slightly sick. That girl can be way too happy sometimes . . . And then he went back to work.

 

**********

 

Tails watched Merrick slowly awaken. “It’s about damn time . . . thought I killed you for awhile...” Merrick looked over to Tails. “ . . . Too bad.” Tails finished.

Merrick looked away from Tails, looking skyward. “ . . . It didn’t work . . .” He whispered to himself. This whisper had been just a bit too loud, as Tails heard it. “ . . . What didn’t work?” He asked.

Merrick looked back over to Tails. “None of your concern . . .”

Tails face went into a rock hard stare. “None of my concern, huh? The HELL if it’s not! You’re under my law right now, bitch . . . Now tell me, what are you talking about?”

Merrick grinned at Tails, which antagonized him even more. “Your law? Sure . . . Either way, I’m not telling you. It’s . . . “Personal Business””.

Tails got up and walked towards Merrick, he then leaned over his body. “ . . . Tell me, you sick son of a bitch . . . because it probably has something to do with why you were staring at me . . .”

The “Sick son of a bitch” grinned once again. “Indeed it does, smart one, but details . . . that’s what you’re going to have to beat out of me . . .”

. . .

So be it.”

Outside, a few birds flew away to the sound of Merrick’s head slamming into the warehouses metal fold wall.

 

**********

 

Sonic walked into some bar. This place reeked of vomit and cigarette smoke. He looked around for any sign of Tails, but none could be found. Tails hated bars, so bars were what Sonic was looking in. This was about the 7th one he’d checked so far . . . and still no luck.

As Sonic walked out of the Bar, he bumped into the bar’s sign, sending it crashing to the floor and breaking it up somewhat.

Shit . . .” He said to himself. No one seemed to notice . . . so he simply put it back on the window and walked out.

Now, when people walked into the bar, they thought they were entering a bar called . . . “T e Hol Chu k er”

 

**********

 

Tails slammed Merrick’s body back down on the pavement.

Are you gonna talk yet?” He asked.

After spitting up a tooth, Merrick finally responded “Fine!”

Tails grinned to himself. About damn time.

I was trying to turn you into liquid, like the others . . . but my theory was true. Instead of turning you into a puddle of blood, it put you in a rage. It seems my ability has different effects on different species . . .”

Tails looked at him for awhile, wondering . . . before saying, “What a crock of shit.” and kicking him in the ribs.

 

**********

Sonic heard a small scream as he was walking away from the bar. He turned to a run down warehouse nearby where the scream seemed to come from.

Hello?” Sonic yelled, hoping for a response. After a few seconds, Sonic walked towards it, hoping to find whoever was in trouble . . .

 

**********

 

Fuck!” Tails said as he watched Sonic walk towards them. He grabbed Merrick by the collar and looked around. “Okay, freak boy . . . don’t ask me why, but I’m gonna to give you a break.” Tails then opened a large metal box full of wheat. “Hide!” then he threw Merrick into it and slammed the lid back shut on it.

Tails looked around. “Shit, what now?!” Tails said. But then it came to him . . . an idea.

Play possum.

Tails then fell to the floor, acting as if he was knocked out.

 

**********

 

Sonic walked into the large building to see Tails laying on the ground. “Miles!!!” Sonic screamed as he ran to his “Buddy’s” side. He held him in his arms, hoping he was okay.

Tails? Tails?! Wake up! Are you alright?” Tails eyes slowly opened to look at the blue blur hovering over him.

S-sonic?” Tails mumbled.

It’s okay, Tails . . . God Tails, I’m so fucking sorry for all of this, I swear, I’ll make a POINT you’re always in the headlines! I swear! Please forgive for not seeing this sooner!”

Tails gave a small smile. “Of course I forgive you Sonic . . . you’re my . . . Hero . . .”

It’s too bad that Sonic didn’t see that Miles’ tails were crossed.