You were born from the valiant, noble, great city of Mobotropolis, home of athletes, scholars, warriors, politicians and perverts.

You grew up in royalty. All your friends, the sons and daughters of monarchs and aristocrats. War heros and geniuses.

You played at home with these companions of yours while your friends' parents and your's go off to fight wars and have orgies.

You walked among some of the greatest citizens and best prostitutes when you went with your best friend into town to buy a chilly dog.

One day, you awake to the town sirens. Your noble city being overrun with darkness. Metal warriors upon floating stallions of kevlar slaughtering those who you've looked upon every day as friends and family. Those you cherished were extinguished right in front of your eyes as beams of light from the metal warriors' silver lances cut through them like dazzling arrows.

You went with your father's royal escorts through town in a carriage as the destruction rained down in the city. You held all of its beauty so deep inside for so long, you felt as though your chest was being pushed through from the inside. Tears started to pour down your face. The horror of the moment gripped you as if it were a creature of its own. And then, as you looked up at the destruction, at the burning buildings and torn up streets that you could once call safe and at the good, honest sinners who you've seen everyday, as the light from the fire reflects off of the tears spilling out over your eyelids you realize...

How beautiful it all is.

You stopped crying and wiped your eyes. You lifted the carriage window and stood up on the seat. You watched in utter admiration as the metal warriors swept the city of all the filth you could not really see before.

Mr. Wallace the pig, the friendly store keeper, now being disemboweled from the light of the warriors was only a week ago paying a very dedicated prostitute for good services.

Mrs. Fortinbras the mouse had swallowed the semen of two other partners just that previous night but was now being led away at lance point to her doom

Mr. Flavius the dog who worked as a cafeteria attendant was now running out of his burning house wearing women's underwear followed by a male cat wearing nothing but a loin cloth that had caught fire.

You were pulled down by an escort named Garret who was known for frequent attendance at the great orgies that were held at one of the locations for finer dining. He looked at your innocent smile in disbelief as if you were doing something horrible. Garret was hit in the heart by crossfire with that look of disbelief painted on his face. Had you been ten years older you and Garret probably would have been fucking in secret.

Laser wounds don't bleed.

Before a creature knows of lust they know of love. You never felt that you understood the concept of love even though they wrote of it so freely in storybooks that your father would read to you. You told your father you loved him, but then you told your father a lot of things to keep him happy.

The carriage came to a sudden crashing stop. Splinters of wood whirl pooled through the interior of the carriage. As you shielded your eyes the escorts carried you out into the heat of the burning streets. As the escort dropped from a beam of light hitting him in the head you fell.

You could hear the last escort's screams as you lay curled up on the ground shielding yourself from the debris of the landscape exploding all around you.

You lift your head from your hands to witness your true love for the first time. I rode atop my floating craft surrounded by warriors looking down on you looking up at me. Who could tell then that it would all play out like it did.

You had new escorts now. The heroes made of steel walked you safely through the destruction. I lead our little parade knowing of the look of admiration you shot at my back as my cape waved long from my craft.

By the time we arrived in the center of town my warriors had already turned your father's glorious castle into our new fortress. It would later be built into the gorgeous construct that it is now. You were shown to the cell where all the other children were kept. You found many of your friends. There were many friends you didn't find.

Sonic the hedgehog. Rotor the walrus. Bunny the rabbit. Baby Miles the fox. Antoine the dog or whatever. You would meet several others through your life but for now these were the only friends you had left. They all cried in spite of the true greatness of the situation. You concluded that the good nature of the event was lost on them. You hated to see your friends crying though.

For days and nights you sat in that cell with the screams and whales echoing off the walls and into your ears and eventually you began to cry too. You kept crying. When I came to bring you and the rest out of the cell you were crying. When we walked through the hallway you were crying. When we stepped into the war room you were crying. When you saw the large tube like machine you knew no name for you were crying. When your father and his cohorts were brought in with their wrists bound and their legs tied together you were crying. When he was put in the machine in spite of his struggle you were crying. When I pressed the button you were crying.

When he emerged you stopped crying.

A living breathing statue. A robot.

It was a miracle. All that confused emotion washed away with one single push of a button. You wanted to run to his side and hug him. Congratulate him. You hid your smile from your crying friends. You never wanted to lose their respect.

Your eyes crossed with Sonic's uncle Chuck's. Even though he didn't look it, you knew he felt the same way. He would regard the machine as evil, when he was the true inventor all along. Although he acted as though he hated it, you were right about him. He saw the same perfection in it that you did. Why else would he invent it?

You watched with amazement as every adult was turned to a beautiful robot. They all could now know perfection. Bones, flesh, fur. Levers, pulleys, armor.

Sonic was crippled with desperation. He was on his knees with his head to the ground. He quivered with intensity. A puddle of tears gathered on the floor. His face looked as if his ears were going to ooze blood and it would come squirting out of his tear ducts.

The children were next.

It was about this time the hedgehog started to scream.

You had only recently met Bunny. Her parents were big time tycoons from the southern, more industrial part of mid Mobius. She made a good friend and, although Sonic was a lot mor fun to be with, you could relate to her a lot better. She was the first true friend you ever had who wasn't a boy. Now she was next in line, you right behind her. You told her it would be okay. That it was a good thing. That the machine would make her better. More efficient. She would be happier. She would be complete. She would be perfect.

All she could say back to you was no.

All she could say when they grabbed her was no.

All she could say when they took her to the machine was no.

All she could say when I pressed the button was no.

All she could say when the process began. Foot to head. Was no. She and Sonic screamed it in unison. "NO!!!"

You tried to keep Sonic back. You tried to let a good thing happen to a good friend. You wanted your turn. He didn't care. Some friend he was.

You always knew Sonic was unnaturally fast but he ran faster than you ever saw him run. He rolled into the machine and shattered the glass. You and I both watched in horror as he dispatched my warriors. As sparks flew and oil spilled like blood you began to cry again.

Sonic delivered you and the rest of your friends from me that day. I can only imagine how hard it was for you to choose between my legacy and your friends but I think you chose well.

Knothole Village: Home of the Freedom Fighters.

As time went on and my empire grew, you aged. Your mind conformed to the common opinion that I was an evil and vile corrupter. Some wanted to end my reign. Some started masturbating. Some wanted to destroy me. Some developed breasts. Some wanted to torture me. Some started their period for the first time. Some wanted to crush my head. Some started showing interest in other animals of the opposite sex. It seems that when we come of age all we think of is sex and violence. Creating life and destroying it. Starting it and ending it. Making babies and killing old men.

You started to notice the change in your friends and yourself. Their bodies became more developed and full, more distinguishable from each other.

The change could be noticed easiest in Bunny. Her breasts had grown to be very large, with hips to match. In spite of her metal lower torso and arm, she was very beautiful. Chuck had built the roboticizer to allow physical growth in robots made from children. I'm not sure he had such beauty in mind though.

You would always hear other survivors talk dirty about Bunny. They would make fun of her physical appearance, be it her metallic parts or her curvy, large breasted body. They would imitate her southern accent since there were very few villagers from outside Mobotropolis.

Every time someone talked ill of Bunny something would flash in your mind. Something familiar. Whatever it was, it left you with the bitter sweet feeling of hate.

As leader, you were always very busy but not this week. This week Antoine was in charge of planning the mission. You got to relax for the first time in days. Weeks. Months. Years.

How long had it been?

You laid on your bed wasting time wondering how long it'd been since you could waste time. You remembered the first days when everyone was still getting organized. A bunch of little kids talking about bringing down a genius. Honestly. Granted you did lead some very good assaults but they were obviously without merit. In thinking of this you started thinking of Sonic. The simple thought of Sonic brought arousal immediately. You never knew why. He wasn't all that attractive. Sure he had some looks about him but not what you would call beautiful. He acted kind with you, this was appealing, but sometimes he wouldn't be the nicest of people to others. This should've been a big turn off but the feeling didn't change. It was unexplainable to you.

Your hand reached down your body.

Undescribable images flashed through your mind. All of them familiar. All of them of the hedgehog. Blurry, undefinable. You've seen them all before but you couldn't put the images back together.

The entire world passed around you for the rest of the day. It could never have been long enough to satisfy all that had been pent up inside you over the years. This was exactly the kind of vacation you needed. Sit back, relax, and play with yourself. I guess the irony of this was that you could've easily had any man in the village including Sonic. They could've done your every whim but you kept making little excuses for yourself. In all actuality you were just shy, but you blamed everyone else for how you felt when they looked at you. There is, of coarse, nothing wrong with this but it did inhibit you from getting what you wanted, and now you were spending the entire day knuckle deep in yourself because of it. Needless to say, however, there was something missing. You still hadn't climaxed even after six hours.

There was something missing.

The images of Sonic flashing in your mind started to fade and become more and more distant as you lifted your hand back up.

There was something missing.

You got up out of bed to inspect the damage. The bed was completely stripped except for the sheet you laid on top of which was half way off with the other sheets laying on the floor from being kicked back. Your hair was messed up from rolling around and your pillow ended up on the foot of the bed. You were tired. You were groggy. You were unsatisfied.

There was something missing.

You gave a deep sigh and put on your vest. When you came out your door, you came out with your head down. It seemed like a day wasted. Completely unfulfilling and utterly shameful. You heard the hustle and bustle of the village but you kept your eyes on the ground.

There was something missing.

You looked up at the surrounding forest. You could hear the birds from the green treetops with rays of the sun peering through. You noticed the sound dying and you looked around you. Everyone was staring at you. Like you were from beyond the grave. Like they thought you had died in there, and they were all too frightened to find out for themselves. What if they had come in. To see their proud leader demean herself on her bed.

There was something missing.

Your fist clenched. Like clockwork all the villagers broke their stare and went about their business. The noise began once again and all was well.

Found.

Why is it that in silence we become uncomfortable? Do we need noise? Are our comfort zones equipped with stereo surround? Even in the natural wonderland that you called home there was no peace.

You thought about seeing the hedgehog. You even walked down the green dewy path which lead to the great lake. He would be fishing there. You saw him sitting on the dock with his makeshift fishing rod. He had the most peaceful look on his face, accented by the beautiful plush shades of blues and greens from the lake and the reflection of the trees.

He looked over in your direction.

You froze up. He offered a fond smile you could barely see beyond your brown hair. You brushed your hair out of your eyes and waved back. You felt dirty. You lowered your head and walked back down the wet, green path. You felt so out placed. Something that dirty couldn't live amongst all this surrounding beauty. You look around you at the towering nature and all of its lush innocence. Then you looked at your hand. You thought of Sonic.

As you turned off the beaten path to the hill looking over the village you began to cry. You tried not to think of concepts such as pervert, slut, nymph.

Oh god.

Tears rolled down your eyes making trails on the ground. The log bench looking over the village was suddenly very inviting. You rushed to the bench and swiftly sat down and threw you face into your hands.

You hadn't cried this hard since you were a child. Something seemed lost. It had been a truly long time since you could really be happy. These small thoughts, these little flashes of deja vu, would blip in your mind. So familiar. Like a swift dream. But just as a dream, you couldn't hold on to it.

You could hear the steady sound of heavy footprints stepping through the brush. You didn't care, you kept right on crying. A little sympathy could be nice.

"Sally? What's wrong?"

You looked up to see the concerned face of Bunny. She looked like she was going to start crying herself, she was so worried. You looked away without saying anything. The village looked all the prettier over the hill through the tears that wrapped your eyes. You felt the cold touch of Bunny's robotic hand on your shoulder.

"Please, tell me."

You looked over at her round face, her lips parted.

Deja Vu again.

You looked down at Bunny's lower torso. You tried to organize your words. Tried to find a way to tell her without letting too much out. The cold touch of Bunny's arm could be felt sliding across your back.

Deja Vu. If only you could hold onto it.

"Whatever it is, Sally, I'll understand."

"I know." Your voice faltered. The words sounded like a skip in a record. You cleared your throat. "It's just... sometimes I wonder if he ever thinks of me."



"Who?"

"Sonic!"

Bunny recoiled a bit at this. She never heard you express such emotion over anything. You generally acted stoic and hard most of the time. There were very few who could unlock the more light hearted side of you. "Are you attracted to him?" she finally asked.

"In the most perverse way" You stuttered back. The tears building up again.

"And you want to know if he thinks of you the same way?"

"Yes."

"Do you want him to?"

"I..." You never thought this far before. Would you want him jacking off to the thought of you? "I don't know."

"Why are you thinking about all of this now?"

"I don't know... I guess I've been feeling a bit cramped. Like I can only be a leader but a part of me wants to be a lover."

"To make someone happy?"

"Yes."

You felt the tender, soft, sympathetic touch of Bunny's other hand on your own. You looked up to see her eyes fixated on you. You felt her cold arm pulling you toward her.

"Me too..."

*You tOld heR it woUld be oKay. That it waS a goOd tHing. That the machinE wOuld mAke her beTter. More eFficient. She woulD be hAppier. She wOuld be comPlete. She wouLd be pErfect.*

As the two of you stood up and embraced you finally caught the memory. The happiness. That one true instance of happiness. You wanted to recreate it. The cleansing. The fire. You were now one step closer to finding it again. With every stroke of Bunny's cold hand down your back you gained more and more of the memory.

You found yourself moving down Bunny's lower torso and feeling the sides of her metal hips. She let loose a soft breath and came really close to your face.

Far more than friendship.

Bunny planted pleasant little kisses on your cheek. You were surprised at first but then you moved your head around to allow her lips to caress all around your face. This was intimacy. This was love. Love as oppose to lust. Love for another woman? No, love for a machine. You pulled on her back to bring her even closer to you. The chill of her metallic knees against your furred flesh gave you a pleasing sensation. Her well developed breasts pressed against yours. Her metal hand ran through your hair.

"Can I be yours?" she asked, looking deeply into your eyes, smiling faintly. She put a lot of emphasis on the word, "I". As if wondering if it was her turn or something. You immediately thought of Sonic, and those quick flashes of images.

Lust

"Yes, you can." You said as she pulled your head in.

First kiss.

You parted with her and looked into her big pretty eyes. You moved her metal hand in front of your face, to admire it. You looked at all the rivets, metal, and exposed wiring in her hand.

"What?" she asked nervously.

You replied by kissing her, and you held it for a good long time.

The two of you walked down to the village through the lush forest. Your soft hand in hers, hard and cold. The landscape didn't seem to have the same beauty anymore.

You came into the strategy room where Antoine would no doubt be planning their next mission. You hoped it would take him much longer. It had only been the third day into your break and you already were the happiest you'd been since you were a child hanging your head out of the speeding chariot.

Antoine was looking at a map he had made of a certain area of Robotropolis on the chalk board. All around you were geometric tools and maps made based off of the info gained from previous assignments. You spent most of your time in there. You couldn't figure why anybody would be so dedicated. None of the attacks on Robotropolis were ever that effectual. Antoine always had a misplaced sense of loyalty towards his dead legacy.

You were angry at him for keeping all of those dead people inside. Not letting them pass on.

If he could let them go then maybe you could too. The Mobotropolian legacy she was supposed to uphold always seemed to be more trouble than it was worth. No "good riddance". No "better off without it". You couldn't look down on your past. You always had to have pride.

Our princess musn't be un-loyal.

Antoine heard the two of you come in and turned around. His eyes shot right to your hand clasped around Bunny's. He looked down for a moment, then turned back to the chalk board.

"I assume you are 'ere to see ze plans princess?"

In his thick French accent, Antoine's statement sounded more like a question.

"Yes." You replied.

He turned to look at you again and saw yours and Bunny's hands locked again and turned away again to the chalk board again. Instant replay. God forbid our princess should hold relations with another girl. No, not her innocent highness.

Antoine looked back through the corner of his eye at you.

"Bunny, could you scamper off to ze study to get my book on ze attack patterns of common SWAT Bots?"

It was odd. You were always under the impression that Antoine had a thing for Bunny, but now he seemed discontent with her. Was he jealous of you, or could he be more disappointed? Inadequate?

"Sure" She replied

"Zanks"

Bunny kissed your cheek as she left. You weren't sure if Antoine saw or not but if he did he was pretending to not have.

The moment Bunny left, Antoine turned around towards you military style. You were immediately offended by this move. What need was there for such procedure? He still wore his father's doubtlessly cum stained military jacket. He never truly knew his father but he still worshiped him like a god.

"Take a look 'ere princess" You wondered if he forgot your name. "As you can see, Robotropolis is controlled by countless self maintaining computers." No shit, you thought "We still 'aven't come up with a way to get to zese computers without ze access codes and none of our explosives can penetrate ze lead casings around ze computers" You started to drift, trying to keep Antoine's shrill voice from inducing an aneurism "'Owever, I 'ave found zat the cooling system for ze computers is a large air conditioning unit that cycles air into all of ze computers..."

"And?"

"And what, princess?"

"Then what?"

"Oh... we blow it up."

"We blow up their air conditioning?"

"Uh..."

"We're attempting to overtake a master of warfare with an army 3 times our size in both numbers and physical stature and we're doing it by turning off their fuckin' air conditioning!!?"

"Ze computers will over heat!"

"It's not even summer!!"

"..."

"When I come back you better have something fucking better than that or I swear you'll be taken off this mission and someone else will be put in as mission coordinator!!"

"Listen, I"

"No! You listen you little shit!! I've lived my entire life with your bitching and whining!! Nothing has ever come from these stupid fucking missions and I'm getting tired. I'm not wasting anymore resources on these needlessly tactful missions. I want results!! If we're going to sneak around it better be to find a good place to kill that fat fuck sitting somewhere thinking about how superior he is. He knows he's smarter Antoine!! WE know he's fucking smarter!!! Let's stop trying to outwit the Doctor and let's start trying to take him down like we fucking set out to do!!!"

You stormed out of the strategy room with a smile on your face. You felt empowered. Like the leader you were supposed to be. Not just some kind of figure head. You were once again reminded of the day I came to Mobotropolis. Everything you did now was based off that reclaimed memory of so long ago. You found the key to happiness. Everything seemed nostalgic of that fateful day.

You were finding true happiness faster and faster.

Suddenly everyone seemed to be walking in the opposite direction as you. Then they were running. Then they were shouting. You saw Rotor run by and you ran to catch up with him.

"What happened?!" you ask frantically.

"It's Antoine!!" He says. "He tried to cut his wrists open with a pair of scissors!!"

************************************

This is not the end.

Now that you have finished Glint part 1, please review with your sincerest opinions.