WARNING: The following contains strong language, graphic violence, and a brief, intense passage of sexuality. Reader discretion is advised.








Legal Stuff:

Sonic the Hedgehog, Ivo Robotnik and all related characters are copyrighted to Service and Games (Sega of America/Japan), DIC entertainment and Archie Comics. This work is protected under copyright law. The author grants his permission for free, unaltered distribution of this work. Any other use is prohibited, and will put you in violation of Title 17 of the US Code regarding Copyright restrictions. Blah blah blah.






__________________

Stephen Zacharus
NIGHT

__________________









________________________________

Prologue:

10:37 PM, Mobian Standard Time.
Doomsday Eve.
________________________________



Victory.

She could hardly believe it.

As she fixed herself a cup of hot chocolate, Bunnie Rabbot became aware of the light drizzle outside. She smiled. Strangely, rain never failed to put her into a good mood. It was soothing in a way. She liked it.

"Ah," she said, sinking into her chair and taking a sip from her drink, "now *this* is a night worth celebratin'."

Indeed: for that night had been the very eve of the destruction of Project Doomsday -- the night that marked the death of Ivo Robotnik.

It was a curious thing, really. That morning had been no different from any other morning during the War. How was it that just a single event could bring about so much change? With Robotnik's empire left in ruins, all that remained was a bit of cleanup. It was only a matter of time before all traces of Robotnik would be gone forever.

Still and all… something just didn't feel right. Something.

Bunnie couldn't quite put her finger on it. Perhaps it was because she believed, deep inside, that Robontik would never truly vanish. She looked down sullenly at her cold, metal limbs. Robotnik's unfinished business. She blinked back a few tears.

"There's no use cryin' about it, Bunnie-girl," she said to herself quietly. "There ain't nothin' you can do about it."

And it was true. She sighed, glancing once again out the window. She was alive, at least… and happy, even considering the War. No, Robotnik would never be forgotten, but he couldn't rule their lives forever. She wouldn't let him.

Outside her window, Bunnie had noticed a shroud of fog descending upon Knothole Village. For a few moments she watched those dancing, mystic snakes of miasma curl upon her window sill and slither into her hut…

… and then, she slept.


________________________________





________________________________

11:42 PM, Mobian Standard Time.
Two days later.
________________________________



Mobius' moon reached its zenith in the starry, nighttime sky, casting radiant beams into the thick fog that had emerged in the Great Forest. Settling upon Knothole Village, thin tendrils of such eerie night-vapor snaked between the stray huts and coiled around them, possessing them.

One hut in particular seemed to stand out from the rest. There was no reason, really, to think that it looked any different from the others; perhaps its central placement in the village called attention to it, or even the unusual way the moonlight played upon it that evening. Whatever the case, the stellar moonbeams descended softly upon the hut, kissing the window, leaking inside, touching the bed.

Sally Acorn caressed the bedsheets in her sleep as her subconscious absorbed the virgin, lunar bath that poured from the heavens. She exhaled, inhaled, exhaled -- a rhythmic dance of breath that had seduced her into Slumberland from the beginning.

The room was quiet.

She was dreaming.

Her dream began, of all places, at the doorway to her own hut. She hurried inside to escape the terrible blizzard that was raging through the Great Forest. Sonic followed closely.

Sally friskily shook off all the snow that had caped her shoulders outside. "Thank you for walking me home, Sonic. It's a hell of a storm out there."

"Hey, no prob, Sal -- I just wanted to make sure ya got home safe." The hedgehog, Sally noted, wore an open nylon vest, a tattered pair of cargo jeans and his trademark sneakers: probably the most clothing that she'd ever seen him wear. She suppressed a giggle.

Sonic, in the meantime, had walked to the window. "There must be four feet of snow out there," he commented, dismayed. "It's getting dark, too. That's gonna slow me down. Way past uncool."

"You can spend the night here if you'd like," Sally suggested, perhaps a bit too eagerly.

Sonic perked up. "Can I? That'd be great, Sal. I don't think I have the juice to make it home tonight."

"It's no trouble at all," Sally assured him. Her heart was racing. To keep herself occupied, she hung up her coat and put away her snowboots.

But she couldn't help it. Sally turned and stood at the door to her bedroom, watching Sonic on the couch. He'd already tossed a few blankets over the armrest as he carelessly kicked off his sneakers and yawned and stretched out. He flopped lazily onto the couch, ready to call it a night.

Sally smirked. She enjoyed watching Sonic... even if she wasn't quite sure why.

She eventually gathered the confidence to approach Sonic, her stomach knotting itself tightly. "You were planning to sleep on the couch?"

"Yeah, of course, Sal. Why? Is there somewhere else to sleep?"

There came no answer. The two drew closer with a sudden, mutual understanding.

Sally felt a surge of desire as Sonic's gaze stole her own... Goddess, butterflies like she never knew before. His eyes seemed to hide fathoms of hot, liquid passion. The look was intoxicating.

Together they walked into Sally's bedroom. Quietly, instinctively, Sally reached up to Sonic's face -- touched his cheek, touched his lips. Without warning, she seized his vest with both hands and fell backwards onto her bed, dragging him on top of her. She kissed him roughly, their bodies entwined, their torsos meeting and merging into one. She felt Sonic's hands slide down her waist and rest at the saddle of her hips as he nuzzled her neck, and then downward. They tore at each other's clothing, sinking to the floor, panting, hypnotized.

A passionate kiss.

A forbidden embrace.

A surge of ecstasy.

Sally gasped suddenly as she absorbed Sonic's fire, and then again, and again. Their breathing was rhythmic, electrifying, intense...

...perfect.



Sally inhaled deeply and opened her eyes.

She was alone.

Sitting up, she looked around her room. Nobody. She reluctantly realized that it was all a dream. Sally collapsed back into her bed and groaned with disappointment; her relationship with Sonic, it seemed, could progress only while she slept. Hell, even in Slumberland it was *she* who sparked their sexual union. Would Sonic ever venture with her into a deeper bond?

Did he have the guts to lead the way without her help?

Sally tugged at her sheets, frustrated. She could only wonder if Sonic felt the same way about her. She was sick of being simply a girlfriend, sick of late night talks and innocent kissing. She wanted to *have* Sonic, to experience him.

"One day, perhaps," she thought. "When the War is over, we'll finally have each other again." She sighed, closing her eyes, pulling the covers over her shoulders. "And then... maybe then... maybe..."

She never finished her thought. Floating on the glassy surface of her subconscious, Sally had drifted back to sleep.

________________________________




________________________________


"Close your eyes my darlin'.
You're safe here, my darlin'.
Let those bad dreams slip right out the window,
And rest your precious head."


The song came back to Bunnie just as she snuggled into bed -- as it had every night since the Coup. Her mother's lullaby.


"Don't be scared, my darlin'.
All is well, my darlin'.
Yes, good dreams will kiss you softly tonight.
Now rest your precious head."


She could hear her mother singing to her now. Those soft, gentle words against her ear; the loving touch of a hand on her shoulder; a comforting embrace and a kiss on her cheek. It was the only memory that remained of her mother, anymore.


"Don't be scared..."


Bunnie felt the hand on her shoulder; the kiss on her cheek. Then, quietly, the lullaby began again.


"Close your eyes, my darlin.'

"You're safe here…"


________________________________





________________________________


The full moon had dipped slightly in the sky, but the Night burned on. Long fingers of nocturnal mist reached into the curtain of cold air that enwrapped the village and eventually found yet another hut to possess and sprinkle with dreams.

Sonic the Hedgehog slept heavily, restlessly. His eyelids twitched. His body shivered. Instinctively, Sonic drew his knees to his chest, curling into a ball, trying to retain his warmth. He shivered again. Nay, it wasn't the cold that was bothering him, but something else... something that he couldn't escape.

In the depths of his mind, Sonic found himself in a dark corridor. The details were vague, as all dreams are, but he knew enough.

He was in Robotropolis. Tails had been kidnapped.

Sally was beside him; she pointed down the corridor, where a column of rectangular light had just risen from the darkness. A doorway. A gateway to another world.

"This way, Sonic. Tails should be this way." Sally's voice was nothing more than an echo as Sonic focused on the destination ahead.

"Let's go, Sal."

They started for the door; it seemed to lie an infinite distance away, slipping backwards in time as they approached. Sonic quickened pace, hoping to reach the doorway faster than it escaped him.

Time and space melted into one and cycled the universe for a thousand moments, a *million* moments, and finally froze. Sonic and Sally stood at the mouth of the doorway.

Dead silence. They entered the room apprehensively.

The room was small -- a cramped cube of white walls and nothingness. In the center of the room sat a little cage; inside, bound and gagged with adhesive-tape, lay an unconscious Tails. "Poor kid," Sonic thought as they approached the cage. The young fox was slumped in a heap, bruised, his fur mussed. One of Robotnik's 'bots had probably beaten him for information.

Sally wasted no time in picking the lock and opening the cage; she gathered Tails into her arms and carried him out into open ground. Sonic removed the tape from the kit's mouth as gently as he could. Almost immediately, Tails groaned, eyelids fluttering.

Sally knelt, sitting Tails on the floor as she attempted to undo his bonds. Sonic put a comforting hand on the kit's shoulder. "Hey, big guy. We're here to bust you outta this joint. Just stay cool."

Tails smiled faintly, slowly stirring... and suddenly opened his eyes with wide terror. "No! Sonic, get outta here! It's a trap! Get *outta* here!"

Too late. From behind him, Sonic heard the soft whine of a charging plasma gun. He turned.

There, standing in the doorway and pointing a gun to Sonic's head, was Ivo Robotnik. Countless SWATbots were lined up behind him, blasters aimed.

Robotnik grinned. "Checkmate, Hedgehog. You lose."

Sonic stared at him, unblinking, cold, unfeeling. "Let them go. You want *me*, Robotnik. Let Sal and Tails go."

The overlord was quick to respond. "No, I don't think so, Hedgehog. It should be delightful to have them killed before your very eyes. The ultimate punishment. Oh, the satisfaction! I'll be watching every moment, Hedgehog -- analyzing your every mental response. It'll be almost as gratifying as witnessing your roboticization."

Robotnik's eyes shifted to Sally, her arms wrapped around Tails protecively -- maternally. "How disgustingly sweet, Princess. Who could ask for better bait than your little fox brat? All we had to do was drug him and leave him here for you to collect. It was almost too easy." He laughed maniacally, focusing again on Sonic. "Ah, youth. Slap a kid around for a little while and he tells you everything. As a matter of fact, Hedgehog, your two-tailed protégé told me where to find Knothole. Your pathetic rebellion is already done for."

Sonic spat at him. "Fuck you."

Robotnik tsked. "Resorting to foul language? Tactless, indeed. You disappoint me, Hedgehog."

He aimed his weapon at Sally and Tails. "Say goodbye to your friends, Sonic."

Ivo pulled the trigger twice.

The first shot killed Tails instantly, burning through the kit's head, splattering fat, crimson marbles of gore against the white walls; the second shot plunged with a vengeance into Sally's heart. Her frame shuddered violently and collapsed into Sonic's arms.

"No!" Sonic screamed, tears streaking his face. "NO!"

Sally couldn't speak. Her last breaths came in short, ragged gasps. Her body convulsed... and she was dead.

Sonic stared down at the limp form in his arms. His pain went beyond words, and yet he felt nothing. He was numb, confused, terrified. "I love you, Sal... I love you...

"... please come *back*..."

He clutched Sally's dead body, holding it to his chest, hoping, pleading, *praying* for it to live again.

It never did. The SWATbots swarmed into the room and tore him away from his dead partner, his dead lover, his dead *princess*. Sonic's eyes fell upon the rest of the carnage -- Tails' pitiful, mutilated corpse -- and he sobbed uncontrollably. Blood was everywhere: on the walls, on his hands, on his face. He continued to watch, horrified, as the SWATbots torched the dead bodies with flamethrowers and left them there to burn.

The SWATbots dragged Sonic out of the room and down the corridor. He felt himself shoved against a wall, his wrists and ankles bound tightly and efficiently with thick adhesive-tape. Dozens of hands carried him into a deep chamber, and there -- beneath a single beam of light, looming like a cylindrical god -- stood the Roboticizer.

Sonic uttered a choked, desperate protest, struggling against the hands that carried him -- all for not. The SWATbots dropped him inside the Roboticizer and sealed his escape.

Robotnik stood on the outside of the glass tube; his beady, demonic eyes were fixed on only Sonic. "Here you are, Hedgehog. Welcome to the end of your life. At the push of a button, you become nothing more than a mindless slave -- *my* slave. Before you succumb to servitude, you should know that it isn't *I* who will be killing your friends in their sleep tonight...

"...it'll be *you*."

Sonic tugged furiously against his bonds. "Like hell, Robo-nuts. You can suck my chilidog."

Robotnik's eyes narrowed. "Can you even imagine your transformation, Hedgehog? Can you envision your blood running cold and black... your skin solidifying... adrenaline melting into electricity... veins shaping into wires... retina burning into neon... thought compressed into computing power...? You'll be as good as dead, you filthy rodent bastard -- *better* than dead, because you'll finally have a purpose."

Sonic screamed in rage and rammed the glass wall with his shoulder. "You fucking coward! Let me out of here and *fight* me!"

He threw himself again at the glass.

"Let--"

Again...

"--me--"

...and again...

"--fucking--"

...and again.

"--OUT OF HERE!" Sonic fell onto his side, wheezing, his eyes red with anger and tears.

Robotnik snickered. "If only you could see how pathetic you look now -- a rebel hero reduced to a frightened, shivering, helpless little teenager. It's been an honor doing battle with you, Sonic the Hedgehog. Alas, it is finally time for you to see things *my* way."

The overlord disappeared into the darkness.

"Come back here," Sonic whispered fiercely. "Come back here and fight me you coward, you fucking coward, you're not going to get away with this, I won't *let* you..."

Sonic closed his eyes, the silence chilling him. All he could hear were his own shaky breathing and the soft squeaking of his sneakers as he struggled in vain against the tape that bound him. He managed to ease into a kneeling position; a drop of sweat ran down his face, mixing with his tears.

Helpless.

Hopeless.

His heart stopped. The Roboticizer had woken up, humming, warming, spilling shafts of molten light upon his face. His body burned. His soul cried.

He screamed.



With a violent gasp, Sonic lurched upright in his sweat-soaked bed. His breath shuddered. A nightmare... a horrible, twisted nightmare. Sonic scanned his bedroom, trying to assure himself that he was safe.

But the assurance never came. The dream lingered like a nemesis, haunting his mind. What he'd experienced was no ordinary dream, he knew -- dreams like that came only when there was something to be learned. "Fine," he thought. "Now I know what I'm afraid of. Is that it? I'm afraid of getting careless, getting lazy. I'm afraid of slowing down."

He paused at that last thought.

*Was* he slowing down?

Indeed, the evidence was all around him: dirty clothes strewn across his room, a ratty couch in the corner and a stained rug that hadn't been cleaned in years, a pair of beat-up sneakers tossed haphazardly next to the bed...

Evidence of carelessness, of laziness. Could carelessness and laziness eventually slow him down? He swallowed the thought.

No, he decided. Sally and Tails and Bunnie and Uncle Chuck -- *everyone* closest to him would always be there for him. Sonic had vowed long ago that he would always be there for them, too, whatever it took. He'd made good on that vow thus far, and together they succeeded in destroying their greatest enemy. Robotnik was finally gone forever -- burnt to ashes in the death throes of the Doomsday Project. Robotropolis was practically in ruins. The war was nearly over.

There was a light at the end of their dark tunnel at last.

That night, Sonic made another vow. He was going to see the end of that damned war, even if it killed him.

________________________________



________________________________


The Great Forest had been consumed in flame.

Or, at least, within the mind's eye.

Even after she woke up, Bunnie couldn't shake the vision from her. She could still see the blazing glow from the deep of the forest -- growing, gasping and swallowing her vast sanctuary. Knothole was soon to follow.

Bunnie stepped outside her hut for some fresh air. Everybody had been a little on edge lately, she realized. Perhaps their stresses had simply come with the twilight of War. They could see victory on the horizon -- victory that brought with it pain and excitement and joy and fear and anxiety that lay enclosed in a single, inescapable orb. Strange dreams were expected in such an event. Weren't they?

Goddess, she wanted the war to end. Now, with the death of Robotnik, it was close enough to taste.

As she sat on the steps to her hut, Bunnie could see thick whips of fog weaving their way through a maze of forest in the distance. Funny, she thought. She'd noticed that fog every night since the destruction of the Doomsday Project.

With a small sigh, shrugging it off, Bunnie slipped back inside. The door closed. Deep within the Great Forest, the fog was thickening.


________________________________





________________________________


The sky over Robotropolis was pitch-black. Heavy, toxic clouds swirling ominously above had long ago masked whatever light the moon or stars might have cast upon the dark city. Brooding in shadow, the jagged, ruined skyline of Robotropolis was silent -- lifeless.

It was then, in the dead of Night, that the city enjoyed a brief shower of acid rain. Angular talons of lightening scorched the polluted sky. A clap of thunder echoed through the deserted city streets and into the walls of the central fortress.

Inside the Robotropolis control room, snoring in the late-Robotnik's green, revolving chair, was Snively. Another dull thunderboom sounded, driving deep into his core, causing him to turn over in his sleep and grunt a subconscious disapproval. He promptly resumed his snoring.

With a sinister hiss, the intercom on the wall came suddenly to life. Snively awoke with a start. The voice through the speaker was loud and clear and all too familiar.

"Snively, meet me in my private office. We have much we need to discuss."

"Shit," Snively grumbled, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. What could Robotnik possibly want at this hour? He hopped out of the chair and started down the hall. Whatever it was, it sounded important.

He stopped abruptly. He'd just remembered...

...wasn't Robotnik dead?

A chill ran up his spine. He had to be dreaming, he decided -- it was the only logical explanation. "Fine then," he thought. "It's time to wake up."

He closed and opened his eyes.

Nothing.

He pinched himself.

Nothing.

"*Shit*."

Why wasn't he waking up?

The next thing Snively knew, he was standing outside the door to Robotnik's office. What the hell was going on? This dream was getting stranger by the minute. He stared at the gleaming, smiling, wicked doorknob.

Temptation.

To hell with it. What did he have to lose? He opened the door and went inside.

Ivo Robotnik sat silently in a large, executive-style leather chair behind his mahogany desk. He leaned forward, folding his hands delicately, looking seriously pissed about something or another. Sniv gulped.

"Take a seat, Snively." Robotnik gestured to a pair of dark, upholstered chairs that sat complementarily in front of his desk.

Snively did as he was told, trying to avoid the overlord's prickly stare. Robotnik had always been an imposing figure... apparently even after death.

"Snively, give me yesterday's damage report."

The little man began to feel even smaller; he'd never felt so terrified in his life. "Uh... well, sir, the... the Freedom Fighters have destroyed three factories within the last 24 hours. They also managed to make-off with another 17 of our worker-bots."

Ivo nodded grimly. "And the day before?"

"Uh... roughly twice that... sir."

"Ah. I see. It seems as though the city's condition is regressing more quickly than the rate at which it is being repaired. Am I correct?"

Snively's stomach sank like a rock. He wanted to crawl into a hole and die. "Well... yes, sir, that's correct."

And then the dream took its most bizarre turn yet. Robotnik leaned back in his chair... and laughed! Snively didn't get it. Perhaps death had proven therapeutic to his uncle's sense of humor.

Ivo wiped his eyes and tried to stop laughing. "Snively, you... he, he!... you can't... you can't *mean*!... ha ha ha!... you can't be telling me that this -- this! -- is what you've... oh, Goddess, ha ha ha ha!... that *this* is what you've amounted to since I've been gone!" Robotnik burst into crazed laughter once again.

Snively squinted, confused. "Sir...?"

Robotnik calmed down, caught his breath. "My apologies, Snively, but that is really quite humorous. In fact, it reminds me -- I have a surprise for you before you leave."

"A surprise?" Snively raised an eyebrow. "What kind of surprise?"

The grin that crossed the overlord's face was somehow disturbing. "Well, Snively, after careful consideration, I've decided that I simply don't need you anymore."

Snively wasn't sure how to take this. "Do you mean to tell me, sir, that I can *retire*?"

Ivo reached into his top desk drawer and pulled out a plasma gun; he pointed it at his minion. "No, Snively, I'm going to kill you. Surprise!"

In both real life and in this horrific dreamworld, Snively let out a small whimper.

"B-b-but..."

"But what, Snively?"

The needlenosed human burst into tears. "Why do you have to *kill* me?" he wailed pitifully. "Aren't I more valuable to you alive?!"

Ivo shrugged. "Not really."

"*Why* then? *Why* should you kill me?!"

"Because I'm *bored*, Snively. I've been bored my entire life. Nothing to do but pollute the air and kill little Freedom Fighters. How blahzé. Now killing *you* -- what fun! It'll make for some rather unique entertainment, wouldn't you agree? Now be a good minion, Snively, and stand on top of that big 'X' in the corner over there." Ivo pointed; for the first time, Snively noticed the aforementioned, fluorescent-green "X" painted neatly and symmetrically upon a pair of trap doors in the floor. He turned back to Robotnik.

"Sir, I refuse."

Robotnik blinked. "Come again, Snively?"

Snively gathered his nerves and spoke again. "I said that I refuse, sir."

"Ah. Well, then." Robotnik patted his gun. "It seems that you've also developed some balls while I've been away. How would you like to have them fried by a K-44 plasma blaster? Quite painful, I would imagine."

Snively looked from the gun to the green 'X', and then back again. "Oh, hell." He stood on the "X".

"There's a good minion."

Snively stood in silence, watching miserably as Robotnik set his gun down and reached for a little red button on his desk. He closed his eyes and tried to brace himself.

"Goodbye, Snively!"

Robotnik's evil laughter echoed into Snively's soul as the trap doors parted beneath him. The black void below sucked him into an eternity of empty space, screaming, plummeting into nothingness, until he finally landed in...



...his chair.

Snively bolted out of his nightmare with a terrified scream.

The control room was void of life, as it always was. Lightening electrocuted the sky outside, casting eerie, elongated shadows into the room through twin windows that seemed to watch Snively like a pair of devilish eyes. A sledgehammer of thunder shattered the glassy silence into powder. Acid rain fizzled spitefully against the titanium outer-walls of the complex.

Nothing but the usual nighttime accompaniment. Snively relaxed a little, relieved at having finally escaped his hellish nightmare.

Still... Snively couldn't help but wonder why his paranoia of Robotnik continued to haunt him. The bastard was *dead*. He was never coming back. Snively was now the supreme ruler of his uncle's would-be empire, and nothing could stand in his way. End of story.

Or was it? Those damned nightmares of his were so occurring so frequently that he was almost afraid to go to sleep. Night after night, a mysterious conversation with Robotnik would ensue -- and then, inevitably, death. What did it *mean*?

Something about his latest dream, though, made Snively realize something: the Freedom Fighters seemed to be taking out sections of Robotropolis at an astonishing rate, far more quickly than Snively wanted to admit. Was he taking security too lightly? Was Robotropolis' rate of repair too slow? Those issues could be dealt with easily enough; Sniv pressed a button on the computer console before him to activate the intercom.

"All personnel, increase Robotropolis reconstruction by three-fold; SWATbots, roboticize all prisoners and send them to work immediately; security personnel, assemble yourselves in Sector 26-B and await my further instruction -- I will be down shortly."

There, nothing to worry about. Snively looked at the digital clock display on his computer vid-screen: just past midnight. "So much for sleep," he thought bitterly.

It was already looking to be a hell of a night.

________________________________



________________________________


White light.

Warmth.

Silence.

The creature tried to wake, but some unknown force held him back. He couldn't even open his eyes.

Confusion.

Alarm.

Was he asleep? Was he in a coma? He couldn't tell.

Even with his eyes closed, the creature could sense that he wasn't alone, wherever he was. He heard soft speech, forever distant, slow and in a tongue that he couldn't understand. Friends or enemies?

Insecurity.

Where *was* he?

Fatigue set it, and his mind gradually came to accept these mysterious conditions. Only one thing was for certain.

He was definitely alive.

Memories flooded him at once -- memories of fire, an explosion, and then nothingness.

Memories of a white light... carrying him to somewhere warm, somewhere safe. Somewhere alien.

Memories of old foes that remained to be defeated. Memories of treachery in the midst of a grand scheme.

Yet, somehow, the creature was confident that they would pay. Yes, they would *all* pay, each and every one of them. They would soon realize that their last encounter with him was only a taste of what he had in store for them next.

A sinful smile.

Revenge... what a beautiful thought.

Oh, yes. The dreams of Ivo Robotnik were pleasant, indeed.


______

 





Stephen Zacharus
TIMELINE IV




Below you'll find the Sonic fanfiction timeline that I follow and where my stories fit into them. For a more comprehensive version of this timeline (including links to the fics contained therein), visit my website at http://www.geocities.com/szacharus. Enjoy!



_________________________


DISTANT PAST (Circa 3214)

-"MOONSCAPE" by Stephen Zachaarus (Coming Soon!)
-"Through the Fire and Back" by Brandon Victorian


RECENT PAST (Circa 3230)

-"Capture the Flag" by Dan Drrazen
-"First Honor" by Dan Drazen


RECENT PAST (Circa 3234)

-"Bunnie Rabbot" by David Pisstone
-"Tails' Tale" by David Pistoone


PRESENT (Circa 3235-3236)

-"Pangolin Problems" by Michaael Szal
-"Nano Wars" by Michael Szal
-"Ill Will" by David Pistone
-"Cold Deceptions" by Simon HHowes
-"Bloodlines" by Dan Drazen <
-"FORBIDDEN GAMES" by Stephenn Zacharus
-"Runaway" by Dan Drazen
> -"A Matter of Trust" by Dan DDrazen
-"Seeing Stars" by Pat Carsonn
-"The Storm" by David Pistonee
-"The Experiment" by David Piistone
-"SERPENTINE" by Stephen Zachharus (Coming Soon!)
-"Starship Down" by Joseph DeeLaCroix
-"The Ring of Truth" by Josepph DeLaCroix
-"This Island Floating" by Jooseph DeLaCroix


DOOMSDAY (1336)

-"WRATH OF THE GODDESS" by Sttephen Zacharus
-"PERSPECTIVES" by Stephen Zaacharus


IMMEDIATE FUTURE (Circa 1336)

-"NIGHT" by Stephen Zacharus
-"My Brother's Keeper" by Shaawn Wolski
-"Everything Changes" by Joseeph DeLaCroix
-"Heart of Snow" by Joseph DeeLaCroix
-"A Cold Shoulder" by Joseph DeLaCroix
-"Awakenings" by Joseph DeLaCCroix
-"Memories" by Joseph DeLaCrooix
-"Thirst" by Joseph DeLaCroixx
-"Tricky Situations" by Josepph DeLaCroix
-"Regeneration" by Joseph DeLLaCroix
-"Complications" by Joseph DeeLaCroix
-"Verdict" by Joseph DeLaCroiix
-"Pawns" by Joseph DeLaCroix
-"Ascension" by Joseph DeLaCrroix
-"Summer Days" by Joseph DeLaaCroix
-"A Vixen's Thoughts" by Daviid Pistone
-"Interlude" by Joseph DeLaCrroix
-"Solitude" by Joseph DeLaCrooix


APOCALYPSE (1337)

-"Apocalypse: The Prelude" byy Joseph DeLaCroix
-"Apocalypse" by Joseph DeLaCCroix


FUTURE (Circa 1340)

-"ASPECTS OF A NEW REPUBLIC" by Stephen Zacharus
-"BLOODBOUND" by Stephen Zachharus (Coming Soon!)


DISTANT FUTURE (Circa 3880)

-"Resurrection" by Raoul Wu-tthien
-"Night, Falling" by Raoul Wuu-thien
-"Darkness, Descending" by Raaoul Wu-thien



___________________________



CHAPTER INDEX

Here's a super-chapterlist of sorts for reference to my current and upcoming fanfics.



I. MOONSCAPE

[Takes place seven years before Brandon Victorian's "Through the Fire and Back."]

[Coming soon -- no chapterlist available].



II. FORBIDDEN GAMES

[Takes place several months prior to WRATH OF THE GODDESS,
perhaps following Dan Drazen's "Bloodlines."]


A. Prologue


B. Interrogation


C. Trust Thy Lover


D. Darkness




III. WRATH OF THE GODDESS
The Doomsday Saga

[Subchapters 1 thru 7 take place during
the latter course of Joseph DeLaCroix's
"This Island Floating," while the remaining
subchapters take place immediately afterwards.]


A. A Matter of Time

01. Packbell*
02. The Doomsday Opera
03. Sonic Vapor
04. Snively*
05. Bookshire*
06. Doomsday Begins
07. Sonic and Sally
08. Snively II/Knuckles/"Diabolical" Scheeming *


B. Opposite Sides of the Coin

09. Cargo Frigate
10. Snively III*
11. The Tower
12. Surveillance
13. Chamber
14. Observation Room
15. Escape
16. Reactor
17. Packbell II*
18. Lightup Time
19. Curses! (Packbell III)*
20. Diamond Glass(tm)
21. Roboticizer
22. The Virus (Packbell IV)*
23. "Just for You"
24. Snively IV


C. Doomsday

25. Knothole
26. The Search for the Stone
27. Supply Check/"We're in this Together"
28. Robotnik and Snively
29. Reactor II
30. "Bring me the Stones!"
31. Deep Power
32. Robotnik
33. Victory!
34. Snively V/Knuckles II*
35. Wrath of the Goddess (Packbell V)*




IV. PERSPECTIVES
Other Sides to the Doomsday Saga

[Takes place during WRATH OF THE GODDESS: CHAPTER III,
branching-off immediately after subch. 31 ("Deep Power").]

01. Tails
02. Escape/The Chase
03. Second Thoughts




V. NIGHT
The Doomsday Aftermath

[Takes place a few days prior to Shawn Wolski's
"My Brother's Keeper."]

01. Prologue
02. Sally
03. Interlude 1
04. Sonic
05. Interlude 2
06. Snively
07. Epilogue (Pleasant Dreams)



VI. SERPENTINE

[Coming soon -- no chapterlist available]



VII. ASPECTS OF A NEW REPUBLIC

[Takes place several years after Joseph DeLaCroix's "Apocalypse."]


A. The Art of Love


B. Of Handcuffs and Blindfolds


C. Demon



VIII. BLOODBOUND

[Coming soon -- no chapterlist available.]
[Read an excerpt at http://www.geocities.com/szacharus/bloodbound.html!]




Again, I encourage you to email me with *any* questions, suggestions, praise, or criticism at szacharus@hotmail.com. And visit my website, wouldja! (www.geocities.com/szacharus).

Latersville!

--SJZ