Story Notes:

This was the first Sonic story I did.It was done in the archie sonic timeline before issue 125.

These are the end times;
The battle rages on.



The trumpets blared and the darkness fades to the ruins of Megacentral.The ruined city of the overlanders lay in a dead sleep untouched for decades.
A fog hung to the city.Moss and greenage covered the streets hinting how old it was.Street lights flickered on and off and the occasional rat scurried out from its hole.The silence was broken by a large explosion piercing on of the dead buildings.It quickly crumpled and smashed to the ground kicking up a cloud of debris of dust and smoke.A certain red echidna came darting out of his hiding spot running like a madman.His dreadlocks were tied up to keep them from flopping about or getting in the way.His left eye was gone,replaced with a cybernetic optic.One of the scars of this brutal war he carried on the outside.His white gloves were now replaced with dirty brown gloves.A loose vest clung to his chest that was filled with pockets of handy things for tight jams.

He looked around the city trying to see the enemy.A great darkness surrounded him clouding his vision and numbing his perception.He desperately listened for a sound.Any sound,a rat would have been nice to hear about now.

"I know your out there! Show yourselves! Your here to kill me aren't you? Come on!!!!" he shouted into the abyss.

His cries were answered as thousands of red eyes lit up in the dark around the city.He gasped but then put up his guard and waited for the assault.Giant waking machines came stomping out of the dark and shined their laser targeting systems on him.The ground then shook with the sound of thousands of metallic feet moving in unison.He saw Robotnik's army of relentless machines marching out.All of them here for one single purpose.To keep him from rejoining with Sonic and the others and eliminate him once and for all.A scout stood up on a high rock and opened up its arm that played holographic two way video revealing none other than Robotnik himself.He sneered at Knuckles trying hard to stand his ground.

"Think your little party of goons is enough to stop me egg head!" Knuckles spat.

"Oh don't worry Knuckles,if these aren’t enough for you theres always more I can give.Their is always more!"

True to his word more did come and filled up the city and the skies above him completely trapping him.Knuckles was stunned.How could one man create so many machines.

They began to close in around him for the kill.The sky was filled with them.All armed with scatter shot cannons and missiles.He could dig but he isn't Sonic.He cant move fast enough to dig deep enough to get away from the blasts.

"You might consider me overkilling my dear boy but you see this is all just safety precautions so no Master emerald miracles happen!" Robotnik said in a very polite tone.

"Fine.I may not be able to get out of this but I would rather DIE than to run from your sorry ass! I was saving this for when I got to you but".... Knuckles hesitantly pulled out a mini nuke from his pocket he stole from him ages ago.It fit in the palm of his hand and looked no bigger than a regular battery.With a smile and thinking of a time before this he pressed the red button.The city and his army were engulfed in a bright searing heat that stretched across Mobius and could be seen visible from space.


How did this all happen you wonder...?
It all happened 3 years ago.....

Cut to Mobius present time

The sun was up shining it brightest this day.It shone brighter because all the damage Robotnik seemed to have done in the past to Mobius has been wiped clean.The pollution and damage Robotnik had pumped from his factories had done major damage to the planet.It killed off many species of animals and plants and mutated the landscape and also heating up the earth making half the planet into a dry desert with no rain.But,it seemed when Robotnik was finally eliminated from the Ultimate Annihilator so long ago things seemed to be slowly bouncing back.Despite that Dr Eggman had filled his previous incarnations shoes as the main threat to Mobius he still was not as threatening nor was able to keep such a strong grip over the planet.
Sonic and Sally were enjoying this beautiful day under a tree relaxing.It was good to not worry about making plans or running from some contraption Eggman is flying over Knothole with.

"Hey,Sal.Ever wonder how much longer Eggmans gonna last? I mean,he seems to be on his his last limbs as it is.With all Station square blowing up Robotropolis and all and the robotisizer gone don't you think we've won?" Sonic said.

"Alost Sonic dear,but Eggman still has cards he hasnt played yet so we have to be ready for anything."

"Yeah I guess your right Sal...."

A nice breeze picked up blowing some leaves by.Down the hill where they were little kids were playing on the playground having fun.Sally looked at them and then looked over on the horizon.

"We cant let him get to this new generation of children.They have not felt loss,despair or the acts of robotisization.We will stop him!"

Sally said feeling very commanding.Sonic rubbed her shoulders relaxing her plopping back down beside him.

"Hey chill! we got time for egg face later.Why don't we enjoy the spur of the moment?"

Sonic winked at Sally and she gave him a devious grin and kissed him on the cheek. "yes...your right Sonic".They trodded off into the Great Forest.

Cut to Megalopolis.

Dr Eggman sat there in his egg base overlooking the rough untamed Mobian lands.He sat watching any activity through his monitors.He bit on his thumb out of boredom and aggravation.

"GRRAH!!! why cant I ever beat you Sonic the Hedgehog?! I defeated you once in another dimension so why can’t I beat you now? Its just so frustrating!"

He layed there in his chair folding one leg over the other.A large shadowbot came over and brought him his lunch.He slapped it angrily out its hand.

"I TOLD YOU A THOUSAND TIMES! I'M ALLERGIC! TO EGGS YOU NITWIT!!!!!" He huffed and puffed.

The Shadow bot calmly scooped up the mess he made and went off back into the kitchen.Just then his attention was directed towards one of his monitors.

A siren sounded off startling the doctor.

"Whats this now?"

He went to work on his master computer trying to make sense of this.He figure Sonic had come and started to trash his city.His computer began flashing in red letters over and over saying:anomaly.Intrigued,he scanned the location of where the disturbance was being picked up.It wasn't Megalopolis.The signal was coming from old Robotropolis,his old base of operations.He was able to get a visual using one of his satellites.It showed him what was left of Robotropolis enclosed tightly around a protective shield.A nuclear radiation cloud sealed off inside from when his city had a nuclear warhead dropped on it.That was not a good day.

"Thats funny...I don't see anything..."

The clouds overhead blackened and a great storm formed pounding the landscape with sharp hail.Electricity crackled in the cloud as sharp bolts of lightning began to bombard the barrier dome.This was no ordinary storm.The energy readings were off the scale and the energy wasn't just coming from the storm.It was coming from around the city itself.The storm was feeding off this unknown energy making it more wild and out of control.Just then in the middle of all the chaos a bright white hole opened up flashing a bright light that knocked his cameras out.He felt a tremor rock through Megaopolis causing his table to shake and the lights to flicker with the sound of a distant boom echoing.He scrambled for his controls and switched to his backups.He wasnt able to get a clear footage of all the static.He couldnt believe what he saw.It did not make sense but somehow it was there.Robotropolis was gone.It showed something else in its place where the city once stood.It looked similar to Robotropolis but it looked taller,bigger and somehow more technologically advanced city.It stretched across every direction swallowing up the mobian badlands and a good chunk of the outer Great Forest.
Eggmans jaw dropped as he saw this.
Suddenly,all systems were overridden locking him out of his own computer.Eggman felt fear beating in his heart as he sat stunned not knowing what to do next.His computer showed him the face of his new enemy.It was a familiar face.A face that once belonged to him in another time in another reality.It was Julian Kintobor.He grinned evilly at Eggman who whimpered like a puppy beneath him.

"Hello,Doctor..."

"Y-you...!!!"

"Come now,let us talk like civilized men."

Eggman gritted his teeth. "You seize control over my city and announce that you just want to TALK?!"

Robotnik took a good long stare at Eggman looking at him until he finally spoke.

"Soooo....your the impostor who tried to upstage me? AHAHAHAHAHA....well it seems you've failed miserably...Doctor Eggman.Surrender your armies,technology and all information to me or else.You have 3 hours to comply."

In that 3 hours Eggman assembled every working Shadow Bot in the city and lead them on a march against New Robotropolis.Then he pulled out his Nuclear warheads he had stored away and had them aimed at it.They didn't have very far to go.But when they came to New Robotropolis they were greeted by some kind of new Swatbot.They were dubbed The Swat Superiors.They were black and crimson coloured and had cloaks over them.They still had the classic vision visors on their heads but they seemed to be intelligent."Inferior models approaching.We shall destroy all who oppose the great Doctor Robotnik" one spoke in a a creaky voice.

As the Shadow bots now came in a charge they put out their left arms and blasted long streams of fire at them.Their arms were flamethrowers;The Shadowbots slowed the charge as their feet began to melt and they began to stick to each other and became disoriented.Then these new machines threw their cloaks to their sides and leaped like cats into the air.They came crashing down grabbing them smashing them into the ground ripping open their chests tearing at their cores.They moved swiftly and fast like people.They even seemed to be programmed with martial arts skills.

They made short work of the clunky Shadow bots in no time.Eggman watching events unfold from his base of operation was now very scared.Not even Sonic beat him this badly before.He could only helplessly watch as they marched over top of his torn apart army as they advanced towards Megalopolis.But then Eggman remembered his trump card.

"HOHOHOHOHOHO!!! you think I am beat? well guess again fool!"

He began the activation of the nukes to launch but just as he did a laser whizzed by his head singing his mustache blowing up the computer halting it.Outraged he turned around and came face to face with Robotnik.He looked a little different.His usual red jumpsuit was now black with the classic belly symbol in red on him.
His cape was also black and his shoulder cape folded over.His mechanical arm seemed to be upgraded.

"Well,well,well....past meets future now.You dont belong here but I thank you for keeping whats left of my reign unforgotten around here" Robotnik said.

"You are dead you inferior version of myself! I'll show you who's the real villain of this show!" Eggman defended.

He lunged for Robotnik throwing a fist but he caught his fist wit his mechanical hand.He grinned wider as a sick blood lust flashed in his eyes.Eggman pulled away but he couldn't.He pressed down on his fist slowly with the sickening crunching and popping sounds of his hand being crushed.Eggman shed tears and collapsed to the ground begged him to stop.With that Robotnik let go of him.Eggman curled up onto the ground crying over his pain with his crushed hand bleeding twitching abit.Then Robotnik picked him up with one hand and held him up.

"Please... have mercy! I can help you! I know the location to Knothole village!" Eggman pleaded.

Robotnik grinned."So do I."

And with that he knocked Eggmans head clean off his body with one punch.His head rolled to the floor and his body collapsed and shook violently.He kicked his head aside and went to his main computer.Little wires wormed out of his fingertips jump starting it back up.He recalculated the coordinates from New Robotropolis to Station Square.He waved as the nukes took off with a sonic boom.A few minutes later a bright flash appeared on the horizon but faded.Robotniks laugh filled the great halls.

"Now Sonic...its time for our reunion."