CHAPTER 3

Robotnik strikes back

 

The next day came.All was quiet in Knothole.The sky was grey and black which reflected a impending doom upon them all.Rotor had learned that Robotnik was coming for them in a big enough army to be crushed.King Acorn had to cancel the first strike plans since Robotnik moved alot swifter than they had anticipated.Now the Freedom Fighters were summoned to protect Knothole at all costs.The King sent some scouts out to measure the time and distance between them.They never came back.Now a lineup of royal gaurds and his military stood by the Freedom Fighters holding torches.They flickered and danced.Tails was forced to go out onto the battlefield to help even though he was scared out of his mind.

 

"I'm scared Aunt Sally...I dont want to be in a battle.But waiting on the edge of one is even worse.I cant stand it!"

 

"Its the deep breath before the plunge" Sally quietly said.

 

The thumping of metal feet tromped closer.Before Rotor was given strict orders to give bunnie upgrades to her robotic limbs to help.Then,droplets of rain trickled down and it began to pour.They stood firmly like statues.Rosie in the meantime had evacuated the woman and children into underground caves underneath the village where Sonic and his friends used to hide when they were kids.Just then the silence was broken by a large explosion that was set off a couple hundred yards away.

 

The machines had activated their land mines they had planted in the dirt which set off more and more.Then as the dust settled they took out their swords and readied to charge.Out of the darkness of the forest a lazer was shot out impaling 3 soldiers instantly killing them.They charged forth letting out their cries of battle clanging their swords against steel hides.The freedom fighters waited until they were visible in the clearing and then joined.Sonic did a spin dash catching a bunch off gaurd promptly destroying them.But then he was smacked around and beat by them as they trapped him off from the others

.Sonic did a spin dash and barreled past them.

 

"These goons are not tougher than Eggmans cheap tin cans!" sonic joked.

 

But then one side steped and kicked him in the jaw.It grabbed him by the foot and repeatedly slammed him down on the ground.But then Bunnie from a high place blasted the robot to smithereens.She sat ontop of the castle as a sniper blasting them all from a new attachment to her arm.Sally had her hands full trying to get away from 5 of them coming after her.They slashed her a few times in the shoulder but other than that her wounds were minor.

 

She did a roundhouse jump kick to its neck cracking the head frame.She fell backwards from losing balance and her legs gave out as 5 of them closed in around her pulling out their flamethrowers.But then she was saved by Rotor and Antoine.Rotor activated a device he made but never used which acted as a powerful magnet.

 

"come on Sally! that wont hold them for long!" Rotor said helping her up.

 

"Oh no! you are hurt my princess!" Antoine said noticing the slash marks.

 

"I'll be fine Ant,just go help Sonic k?"

 

Antoine nodded and went into the middle of the fray.He found Sonic being ovewhelmed by SwatSuperiors bouncing around in a ball to push them back.A couple blasts from Bunnie helped clear the way for Antoine who grabbed Sonic and pulled back.Meanwhile while all this was happening King Acorn was getting ready to fight.

 

"Your seriously not thinking of going out there are you Max?" Queen Alicia said."Its too dangerous!"

 

"Alicia my darling....I love you very much but I also have to protect my people.You must understand" King Acorn said.

 

She nodded and left the room in tears.He pulled on his fathers silver armour and clad himself as a knight of the old.His long red cape richly hung down his back and The Sword of Acorns in his hand.The castle gates were opened up and he came out on horse with St. John and best men on a calvary charge.They charged in hacking and slashing as they went in.Tails stick close to the king and helped him by flinging rocks and heavy things at the robots.But thats when they decided to get serious.

 

Their red visors lit up with anger and pushed through the armies with hand to hand combat.Their punches and kicks broke them back killing them.Tails shocked by this scrambled to go find Sally for security but was confronted by a flying one.It peered into Tails big blue scared eyes and backfisted him.He fell hitting his head on a rock.

 

He layed there on the ground unconcious and bleeding from a crack in his skull.Sally witnessed this and screamed in horror.She frantically raced towards Tails and knelt down to pick up his body but then she was surrounded.Antoine was tooken down by one punch to the jaw by one of them,Bunnie was shot repeadedly until she dropped,Rotor was unconcious when his solarplex bone was broken by a single punch.Sally awaited her death hugging Tails close to her crying.

 

But then King Acorn broke through the horde yelling out and cutting away at them.Sally looked up at her father smiling throug her blood and tear stained face.But then he dropped from his horse.He had been shot four times in the back.

 

"No....we've lost...." Sonic moaned as he lie on the ground with his legs busted up with a bot having him pinned down.

 

But then as they were about to finish them off they stopped.

 

"STOP! That is enough.We dont want to kill them" a voice ringed out.

 

Sonic looked up through his bloody face,dust stinging his eyes.Robotnik stepped out.

 

"Robotnik...!" Sonic cursed.

 

"You still remember me....I am touched.You dont have to worry about that imposter of me anymore.I'm back and I'm better than ever!" he said putting his arms into the air as if he was preaching.

 

"Go...to hell"

 

"Such language coming form you Sonic...I'm appauled.Didnt your parents teach you any manners? Speaking of your parents...."

 

He turned and saw Sonics parents Jules and Bernie tied up and beaten.

 

"Happy days are here to stay hedgehog" Robotnik said in a twisted grin.

 

"FUCK YOU!!!!" Sonic screamed as in a rage propelled himself upwards and clinged to Robotniks neck.

 

"How dare you touch me....you furry scum!" he hissed.

 

He picked Sonic off him and threw him aside.Half the villagers were rounded up and were tooken.

 

"I have to be sporting after all...if I kill all you now how will I have fun later?" he said as he left the ruined Knothole.

 

The castle was blasted apart and lots of homes were destroyed.Half of the villagers were gone.

 

"Oh and....dont worry about your little freedom fighter friends hedgehog, I'll let you all go.Your far too entertaining to just snuff out eheheheheh..."

 

Most of them were children.Sweet Aunt Rose,King Acorn and all the others were tooken.When Sonic awoke he was in the hospital and so was his friends.Bunnie and Tails were beside them alive but in critical condition.Doctors were monitoring them.The rest of the freedom fighters checked out.Sally was in the waiting room crying over her father who was once again tooken from her.Everyone was either in the hospital or crying that day.

 

It was a very crippling day indeed for the freedom fighters.They had worked so hard to get where they were and had almost won but were suddenly cheated and knocked back down to square 1.

During this time of mourning the twisted Robotnik was having a jolly time thinking of they're suffering.

 

"Perhaps when I grow bored of these freedom fighters I will unleash the Robians on them.Oh how sweet! Families killing their own blood all in the name of science and evolution of technology.Ah,it is a good day indeed."

 

He went down to see his newly built robotisizer.It was made bigger this time to robotisize large groups of living lifeforms as the Swats piled children in it till it was absolutely full and slammed the door on them and robotisized them.Rosie got on her knee's preying to her god as it was now her turn.One bot grabbed her and threw her inside of it and with a quick tap of a button the kind old woman was turned into a demonic robot slave.

 

"I never get tired of watching this"he said while munching on some chicken legs.

 

But then one of the prisoners suddenly got his attention.It was a black hedgehog.As the robot put him in it and was about to robotisize him he stopped him.

 

"Wait! I want to know some things about this hedgehog..."

 

He snapped his fingers and Shadow awoke groggily.

 

"Huh? w-where am I who are you? Your not Eggman."

 

"Dont say that idiots name around me."

 

"Who are you? and what are you going to do with me?" he asked.

 

"I am Dr Robotnik but unlike....Eggman I was the original."

 

Shadow looked at him confused not knowing what the hell he was talking about.

 

"What is this machine?" he asked.

 

"Why,its my greatest invention.I call it the robotisizer...it does wonderful things!"

 

He flicked the button and steam covered the tube inside.Then out Shadow came with a metal clank.He had become robotisized..He looked like an exact duplicate of Mecha Sonic only his spines stuck upwards.

 

"I obey Dr Robotnik.Lord of Mobius" he said in his robotic voice rang out.

 

"Exellent,you intruige me so you shall become part of my elite army!" he said with a chuckle.

 

"As you command Dr Robotnik."