CHAPTER 5

Snively's Redemption

 

 

Now 2 years have past since then.Robotnik has had fun making everyones lives a living hell especially Sonic's.Slowly but surely his arm stretched across the oceans and took control of the untouched pockets.All over the planet he built giant factories pumping iron,coal,and oil from the earth to expand his empire.During this time from battle and death Sonic's heart went cold.He knew that all he was is a puppet on strings controlled by Robotnik and all his efforts were just a sick amusement for him.Robotnik never did find Knothole again no matter how hard he looked.

 

The freedom fighters somehow managed to beat off his SwatSuperiors for this long but they knew that they were running out of steam.One foggy morning Sally called Bunnie and Sonic to a secret meeting at the power ring pool.

 

"Whats the plan,Sal? have you found anything out about Robotnik or some plan of his?" Sonic asked.

 

"No,but I have found an edge we can use against him.That is if he cooperates."

 

"Who suga,Sally?" Bunnied asked.

 

"Snively.I believe he's alive out there somewhere and he might be what can help us beat Robotnik once and for all"

 

Sonic stepped back shocked."Needle nose?! yeah right! He was Robotniks right hand man and was as a megaloamaniac as his uncle.Cant trust that creep!" Sonic said.

 

"But he also hated Robotnik like us and has proven that he wasnt completely evil on rare occasions."

 

"Where do ya think we'll find Snively?" Bunnie asked.

 

"I think he's hiding in the Mobian mountains."

 

A power ring floated to the surface and Sonic grabbed it and put it in his pack.

 

"Well we got nothing to lose so lets try it!" Sonic said almost smiling.

 

They took off then and there.For 48 hours they travelled half by air and half by land.Bunnie flew them half way there with breaks in between of course and then Sonic took them the rest of the way.Then at last they came to the Mobian Mountains.

It was a series of giant statures of rock that glowed blue during the night.Bunnie around looking for some kind of entrance.An hour later she came back.

 

"Sorry guys,ah dont see anything.Don't even know what mountain he could be hiding in."

 

Sonic leaned against the foot of the mountain and seamingly fell through it.

 

"Sonic!" Sally cried out.

 

"I'm ok,Sal.Looks like some kind of holo wall or something."

 

They had found an entrance into the mountain.They walked through the hidden entrance and went through a maze of catacombs.After 3 times getting themselves lost they ended up back at square 1.

 

"This bites! Where is that creep?" Sonic said hitting the wall with his fist.

 

"He sure hid himself well" Sally said.

 

"I guess he didnt want nobody to find him."

 

After pacing around for half an hour they decided to half a small break.They stopped and had some portable food and ate quickly.

 

"No chilli dogs?! no thanks."

 

Around them was 4 different paths.They had tooken all of them and all of them took them back this way.Bunnie getting frustrated punched the wall breaking the rock.To her surprise it was hollow.Their was a secret room she just found.

 

"You did it Bunnie! good job!" Sally said happily embracing her.

 

Bunnie had cleared open the wall for them and they came to a dark room.

 

"This must be where ol' Snoot face is,Sally girl!"

 

They came to a laboratory.It was filled with mysterious tubes on each side.Their were a few computers monitoring whatever what was in them making little blinking noises.Then they came to Snivelys room.It was a matress with a book on the ground.

Beside it lay a knife with dry blood splatters on the ground.Their was broken glass with more bloodstains on the walls with some old bandages.

 

"Omigod...." Sally said putting her hand to her mouth.

 

"This is more of a crypt!" Sonic said.

 

Then a voice hissed behind them.Before them stood Snively looking very pale and angry.His eyes were sad and empty.He wore a black cloak over himself.

 

"How did you miscreants find me?!" he hissed.

 

"Please Snively,we need your help."

 

"You want my help?! You've got some nerve Princess!"

 

Sally was confused by this.

 

"Your kind never ever once gave me the chance to repent.I remember...oh yes I remember when I turned against Robotnik that one time to help you get away but what did I get?! No thanks! No protection or compassion only betrayal.Your kind is no worse than Robotnik! I HATE YOU ALL!" he spat angrily.

 

Sally couldnt say anything and hung her head ashamed.Sonic angrily stepped up challenging him.

 

"Dont act innocent Snively! you helped Robotnik to robotisize our kind and enjoyed it.You dont give two shits about compassion or feeling! All you want is Robotnik's seat over Mobius you twisted little..."

 

Sonic raised a fist at him.He yelped and backed into the wall accidentaly pressing a button.The tubes opened revealing clones of Metal Sonic.Sonic froze when he saw this.He shuddered as their black emotionless eyes coldly gazed at him.

 

"I know that Uncle Julian has come back sooo....I am making these to protect me.Each one of them has been programmed with the neccecity to kill and to not stop killing until I say so."

 

Snively looked rather smug but Sonic now pissed grabbed him and threw him down.Snively yelped in pain curling into a ball cringing.

 

"P-please Sonic! dont! These things might save alot of lives including yours" he pleaded.

 

"Yeah...and who's to say you wont turn these hellions against us after Robotnik is gone.We're just second on the list of who to kill right?!"

 

Snively backed into the wall and got up.

 

"You know Snively...we came here because we thought you'd help us.Sal thought you changed but your still the same twisted hateful little man you always have been!"

 

Sonic went to strike him down but Sally stopped him.

 

"No Sonic...we wont hurt him.We're not Robotnik."

 

Sally walked over to Snively who was backed into a corner.She put her hand on his shoulder and felt him cringe.

 

"Listen Snively,is global conquest all what your truly after?"

 

Snivelys grey eyes looked into Sally's pale blue eyes.

 

"All I ever wanted was to be accepted.Nobody could ever accept who I am...not Julian and not your fucking kind!" he said choking up.

 

Snively's ego collapsed as he began to shed tears.Those were the first time he has ever cried.Sally couldnt help but feel sorry for him and hugged him like a mother would.Sonic didnt know what to say with this.This was a whole new side to Snively that he had never seen.

 

"I...will help you."He reached into his pocket and pullet out a mini disc and handed it to Sally."Here.It has mappings of Robotniks cities,his weaknesses,everything.Also...take this with you." He handed Sally his book that was lying on the ground."Now....go."

 

"Why are you helping us now?" Sally asked.

 

"Because I'm sick and I'm tired of it all.I didnt want to choose a side.I wanted to be left alone in my misery and fade away but unfortunately I will be dragged again into this damn war.I dont want it! I trust you because your kind to me...something nobody ever is to me.Now I have nothing more to lose."

 

Snively hit the self destruct button on his computer.

 

"Juice time Sal!" Sonic said grabbing Sally.

 

Bunnie shot through the rock clearing a hole to the outside.

 

"Its clear!" she said

 

.They shot out of the mountain with Sonic skidding down it top speed holding onto Sally close.

 

"I am now...free" Snively said shutting his eyes smiling as the room went off.The whole side of the mountain exploded causing a rock shower.Sonic and the others barely escaped this.

 

"Goodbye...Snively.You werent so bad after all" Sally whispered to herself sheding a tear.

 

When they got back to Knothole Sally went immedietly to her hut.She cracked open Snivelys book he gave her and it was all written very fancily by him.It was the story of his sad and painful life.

She read for hours going through every page.She read through the night by candlelight till morning.She came to the last page which was empty.But on the last page he had left a note.She read it out.

 

"If you are reading this now then I am no longer alive.Please let me rest in peace and end my story."

 

She paused feeling very moved yet sad at the same time.She took out her caligraphy pen and wrote:Snively Kintobor died Januray 14,3034 not as a villain as most thought him to be but as a true Hero of Mobius.May his soul rest in peace.

Deep within the rubble of the mountain life stirred.A mechanical claw ripped out of the burning rubble.