CHAPTER 6

The Fall of Echindinopolis part 1

 

 

Deep in the heart of the black city of Robotropolis Robotnik sat on his throne looking out on his city.

 

"Sigh,such a lovely landscape I have created" he said smiling.

 

He got to his feet and trodded down the halls.

 

"But...I have become weary of these little playgames with the freedom fighters.Its time for Endgame II to come!"

 

Just then a explosion shook the tower.

 

"What the devil is this?! Could it be the furries have broken through at last?!"

 

A SwatSuperior rushed to him bowing.

 

"Doctor Robotnik,their is something wrong with the Robians."

 

"W-what did you say?! Speak!" he said with abit of worry.

 

"It seems after effects of the robotisizer has damaged their mechanical minds.They have gone berserk and are attacking everything in the city! There are too many to capture."

 

"Then kill them all you mecha morons! Anybody or anything that defies me shall die!"

 

It bowed formally to him and took off.Outside the Robians were swarming the Swats.Their eyes were red with pure hate and rage.Despite how smart Robotniks machines were they were overtooken by the relentless onslaught.Soon Robotropolis broke into a civil war.Every single mobian he had robotisized rose up against him and the effects were devastating.Buildings crumbled,bodies piled,and chaos spread.Robotnik looked down from his observation deck atop the command tower looking down.

 

"These bastards are defying me.They will all die!" Robotnik said with his eyes glowing red."No matter....I believe its time to use my...little weapon."

The command towers front door swung open.Out stepped Mecha Shadow in all his glory.

 

"Targets:Robians.Kill all.Proceeding."

 

Shadow walked forward.Two long twisted knives unfoled from its arms.It clenched its fist and waited for the horde.They swarmed him all at once but with super upgrades and intelligence chips he moved like lightning elegently stopping them and tearing them to pieces.He hacked and slashed away at them.He tore open one of their faces with his bare hands and tore its head off.Another jumped him and they dogpiled him in a big heap.He let out a evil mechanical laugh and went into a sonic spin blasting them all off him.He bounced around cutting through their metal hides like butter.He relentlessly pushed back against them with SwatSuperiors attacking from a distance behind him.The Robians lost and retreated from the city but not without taking down 25 % of the city with them.Robotnik was rather pissed at this.He floated down to the battlefield on his jet boots.

 

"Mecha Shadow! I gave you the best enhancements and upgrades my technology can produce.You could have easily been more efficiant at reducing the damage to my city by killing them faster!"

 

"Apoligies,Master.They were inferior so my cicuits dictated maximum effort was not needed." Robotnik grumbled and went inside.

 

"Mecha Shadow,help clean this mess up." he said.

 

Inside he went to plop himself in his seat in the war room.

 

"Ugh,with all these damn distractions I'll never be able to get around to Project:Endgame II."

 

He looked through his blueprints of the project.

 

"Such power I need but sheer crude oil and fossil fuels just wont cut it.I need more...."

 

A image box apeared on the screen of the Master Emerald.

 

"Ah yes of course,the Master Emerald.No way that idiot gaurdian can hold off from me any longer."

 

He crossed his fingers griinning under his mustache.

 

The next day rolled around.On the floating island was a secret group of echinda gaurdians that banded together to watch over the Floating Island not just the Master Emerald.It was called Haven.It was a technological stronghold where they usually formed plans and attacks against the Dark Legion.Suddenly sirens blared through the halls.Locke,Knuckles father rushed to the consoles.

 

"Whats this? couldnt be the Dark Legion.Mr Eggman on the other hand seems possible."

 

Then a small fire ant apeared on his shoulder.It was Archimedes.

 

"Its not Eggman.Its worse!" Archie stammered.

 

Just then the halls shook from impact.Above surface the Swats began bombing the city.Meanwhile Knuckles was with Julie Su sitting down relazing outside the city limits in a grassy field.

 

"You know Julie Su I've always wondered if perhaps I have another reason for being alive besides protecting the master emerald you know..."

 

"Well Knuckles,dont think too much.Your allready pretty screwed up in the head" she joked tapping his head.He smiled on that.

 

"Well...I guess you can call living your life alone gaurding that damn jewel can screw you up"

 

"Your not alone Knuckles..." Julie Su said letting her hand slide to his.

 

Just then that moment of theirs was broken by the ground in front of them opening up.The dark legion came out in their hover pods by the dozens.

 

"Oh great...them again" Kuckles said.

 

But then one of them blew to pieces.Knuckles looked into the sky and what he saw made his blood go cold.High in the clouds was a gigantic army of machines bigger than he had ever seen.Martial law was declared on the streets as the Echinda Swats were put out with some additional help from the Dingo's.They got onto rooftops firing at the SwatSuperiors coming in for landing.Naturally they were no match for them and they easily went through them.Literarily.Constaple Remington,chief officer of the Echinda police force got onto his radio and ordered in backup.

 

"Whats the matter Edchinda,are you scared?" said General Stryker,leader of the Dingo's.

 

He was very huge in mass and towered over the Echinda.

 

"Dont worry....we'll take it from here" he said feeling arrogant.

 

The Dingo's came out packing machine guns and rocket launchers.They did little against their protective hides and were slaughtered.

 

"What kind of killing machines are these?" he said.

 

He took out his special equiped bazooka and aimed at the middle of the horde.He fired a rocket hitting them.When the smoke cleared they didnt have a scratch on them and look pissed as far as a robot can go.Just when things looked bleak energy pulse rays rained down from the sky blowing them away.

 

"Courtesy of the Dark Legion Dingo scum!" one of the hooded soldiers said as he whizzed by in his craft.

 

Stryker aimed his gun and was gonna fire on him but stopped and concentrated on the ground below.

 

"This is insane! I've never seen robots be this aggressive!" said Knuckles with disbelief.He saw the mother ship move in towards the center of the island.

"Oh no you dont! NOBODY touches the master emerald!" he said burning with rage.

 

"Hey Knuckles look what I found!" Julie Su said heaving a battle scratched hovercraft from the Dark Legion out of the ground.

 

"Ah,it is so beautiful the destruction and mayhem.At least these cretins can fight back" Robotnik said kicking back watching the show.

 

"Sir,the ground forces are having dificulties.They...are being beaten."

 

"Wh-at?!" Robotnik said