CHAPTER 7

The Fall of Echindinopolis Part 2

 

"How is this possible?! More of what I'd like to know is where did this city come from?"

 

"Unkown origins.According to Echinda race history they were the most highly advanced species of the planet Mobius" one of his server bots creaked.

 

The Dark legion came out full swing in retaliation to Robotniks assault.They swooped down like bats knocking his forces out of the skies.Knuckles and Julie Su,in their newly aquired pod zoomed upwards towards the mother ship.They broke through the defense guns and the lines of fire and got in close.Suddenly Robotnik turned and saw them coming right at them.

 

"IDIOTS! raise the shields NOW!!"

 

But it was too late.Knuckles busted through the protection glass and penetrated the command bridge.He and Julie Su jumped off the pod as it still barreled through his ship.Robotnik snarled in hate.

 

"R-Robotnik...? No it cant be!" Knuckles said.

 

"Oh but it is my brave little Echinda.That was quite the entrence you made but it will cost you your life."

 

 Knuckles felt a gun pressed to the back of his head.He looked over at Julie Su who had 3 guns pointed at her head."Allright Doctor...you win" Knuckles said.

 

"So much for the Gaurdian! Throw him in the cells!"

 

The Swats pushed him into a holding cell.

 

"Watch this rodent! I promise you wont forget this!" Robotnik said grinning.

 

Julie Su was thrown inside the robotisizer and Robotniks finger dangling over the start button.

 

"Julie Su!!!"

 

Knuckles fury awoke as he grabbed the bars and began to bend them.The machine activated and a bright light filled the room.Julie Su's bloody screams were heard and suddenly was cut short.Knuckles ripped down the door.

 

"NOOOOOOOOOO!"

 

Julie Su stepped out of the machine as a machine.Her red eyes lit up.Knuckles collapsed.

 

"No...Julie Su...."

 

"What is your command Dr Robotink?" she said in her mechanical voice devoid of emotion.

 

"Kill Knuckles the Echinda!" Robotnik ordered.

 

"As you command Dr Robotnik,ruler of Mobius."

 

Two buzzsaws unfolded from her arm and started up.They hissed for his blood.Knuckles jumped back as she lunged forward swinging them barely missing.

 

"Isnt this sweet? Two lovebirds now at eachothers throaghts for survival" Robotnik said.

 

Knuckles gave Robotnik a hateful glare at the corner of his eye and shifted himself towards him.He leaped overtop of him and kicked him forward hoping him to catch the blades.

 

"MuHAHAHAHAHA! She cant hurt me.Its hardwired into her programming."

 

Knuckles stepped back and became cornered.Mecha Julie Su jumped ontop of Knuckles strangling him.Her icy metal hands wrapped tighter and tighter around his neck.Knuckles grabbed her neck and squeezed wishing she would let go.As her grip tighten so did his and suddenly he heard a snapping sound.He thought he was dead but the grip loosened and became limp.

 

Horrified he opened his eyes and saw he had killed her.He let go and looked at his hands that were stained with blood and oil.He collapsed to the ground shaking.Tears streamed down his face."No...Julie Su..." He got up shaking with rage.Robotnik raised an eyebrow to him.Knuckles screamed bloody murder and went and lunged at Robotnik.He grabbed Robotniks neck and tightened his grip.

 

He stumbled back from shock and wrenched on Knuckles but couldnt pry him off.Knuckles smiled and pressed his thumb into his throaght cutting off his air.Robotniks eyes bulged and his face went red.Robotnik pounded away on Knuckles but couldnt move him.Then he felt the sharp pain of a lazer beam hit him full force in the back.Parylized Knuckles dropped.Robotnik gasped stroking his neck getting his breath.

 

"You little bastard!"

 

He booted Knuckles in the face sending him sprawling across the floor.Robotnik grabbed Knuckles by his leg and slammed him about.Then he grabbed Knuckles by his throaght and held him up.Knuckles choked a cry for help but was cut short as his voice box was blocked.His head became heavy and it became hard for him to even breathe and began to fade into darkness.But then deep inside of Knuckles the powers of the Master Emerald awoke.

 

He flashed a chaos green and ripped himself from his grip.Then he punched him hard directly in the "O" of his jumpsuit sending him crashing into a mess of machines.The green faded from him and he struggled to remain concious.Accidentaly he leaned against the trap door button on the side of the wall opening up the floor underneath him.He got sucked out and blacked out.When Knuckles awoke 3 days later he saw the Floating Island now half sunken in the water with old fires still blazing.