CHAPTER 10

It Begins....

 

Robotnik went to the top of his Command Tower to see his ultimate creation.The mouth of his Command Tower slid farther apart and a great massive cannon poked its way out.It unhinged coming out farther and farther.Wires wrapped around it like snakes and spikes stook out like unholy claws wrenching at the sky.Lightning came crashing down upon Robotropolis in a violent storm forshadowing the alpha and omega.Lightning struck the cannon and energy surged through it.Powered by the Master Emerald and all the juice in New Robotropolis as backup he aimed it into the sky.

 

"Glorious isnt it Swat Superior #23562? WIth the flick of this switch I now hold I will be able to send my will into Outer Space.I have created the end of Sonic the Hedgehog.....THE ROBOTISIZER CANNON! I will be able to turn lifeless moons,planets and galaxies into my mechanized empire! HAHAHAHA!"

 

He softened his laugh and stared out at the horizen.

 

"But we all know this is only half of my glorious plan.....Sonic will see that when he comes calling!"

 

His moment of triumpth was interrupted by the sounds of alarms going off.

 

"Who dares?!"

 

He went back inside and turned on his main TV.A image flashed of Robotropolis exploding.

 

"The Freedon fighters!!!"

 

"No Doctor Robotnik,it is not one of them" one of his robots said.

 

A image flashed of the real culpret.It was none other than Metal Sonic,risen from the ashes of Snivelys tomb.His red eyes glowed with malice and lust for revenge.White speed stripes on his metal spines and large metallic fists with a flapping cape.

 

"ATTENTION ALL SWATS! SHOOT HIM DOWN! SHOOT! SHOOT DOWN METAL SONIC NOOOOW!!!"

 

Robotropolis came alive as factories and buildings unfolded with great cannons and giant gattling guns came out and began to fire upon him.Elegently he swerved past the exploding blasts.He sent some lazer beams down cutting through metal like a hot blade going through butter.The Swat Superiors took to the air and began their assault.Thousands flew in from every direction.Metal Sonic lay still and with a large kia sent them all shooting back by a invisible force.Robotnik activated the barrier of his city between them and they went into standby attack position.

 

"Robotnik! I am here for REVENGE.I am here to deliver the will of Snively and destroy you."

 

"What?! SNIVELY?! That little imp has brought him back!! that backstabbing little....OPEN FIRE!!!!"

 

The barrage of blasts bounced off a invisible force surrounding Metal Sonic.

 

"First I will show you true terror that comes from a machine and then I shall kill Sonic the Hedgehog!"

 

He waved his hand to the side with his cape flapping in the wind and his shield tore open.He floated down where he met hand to hand combat with his forces.Despite how fast,agile and intelligent the Swat Superiors were Metal Sonic's moves were nigh instant and devastating.One punch from him shook down 3 oncoming ones.Robotnik gleefully smiled.

 

"You underestimate me Metal.I created you and I can destroy you!"

 

He played his trump card.Robotnik had discovered that Mecha Shadow just wouldnt cut it.Mecha Shadow was all speed and had the one thing he hated most in robians.Free will.So in secret he began constructing a new bot.His greatest robot.The one to lead the charge to lay waste of all Mobius.The front gates to Inner Robotropolis opened.This challenge intruiged Metal Sonic and went to face it.A giant foot stuck its foot out with a loud clang.A great black cape flung out by its side brushing the doors.Metal Sonic stepped back as he looked up at this monstrosity.It beamed down upon him with a evil green firey glow coming from inside of its face piercing into his mechanical soul.His right arm was great wires and cords wrapped abudant about eachother coming together at the end to become a great claw that it dragged.It towered over Metal Sonic like a great beast.

 

"I will crush you."

 

Its words escaped from inside its mechanical voicebox like a demon awaking from a slumber.Metal Sonic stood his ground.

 

"You are slow and no match for Metal Sonic!"

 

The storm above came down upon them.Metal Sonic grabbed a lightning bolt and became a supercharged killing machine.A red aura of light surrounded him and his eyes glow as bright as fire.His jet booster kicked in as he slammed into the behemoth sending it through Robotniks buildings.Metal Sonic pummeled away on its hard plating but not even scratching him.

 

"You may be strong Metal but you are no match for my great beast!" Robotnik chuckled.

 

The tables were turned suddenly as The Lord of Swatbots turned aside and slammed Metal Sonic to the ground.Metal Sonic was being forced down by its weight.He sent a shockwave of lightning through it to shortcircuit it but Robotnik thought ahead and added shock absorbers into its hide.It raised its huge claw and same down to strike like a scorpian.Metal Sonic did a spindash away and came out with the great giant tearing after him.It walked all over him as all Metal Sonic could do was get up.Then it fired up its cannon and hit him full blast.Metal Sonic raised a shield to protect himself.

 

"You havnt seen the last of me Robotnik!"

 

He ran barely escaping the Lord of Swatbots claw strike.

 

"Changing primary target:Sonic the Hedgehog."

 

He went full blast on his boosters towards Knothole.Sonic was with Tails playing dirt hockey.

 

"Hey Tails,think you can handle that new body of yours? Your going pretty sloppy!" Sonic said taking the puck.

 

"I'll show you a new body!"

 

She pounced on Sonic tackling him into the dirt.Sonic laughed and rolled with her.

 

"No fair! Against the rules!"

 

Tails and Sonic got up and continued playing.Sonic had switched with Rotor to be goalie for once.Then as Tails took the puck from Rotor she tripped on a rock sticking up out of the dirt.Then something unexpected happend.As she fell forward into Sonic their lips met.Accidentaly the had kissed both on the ground still lips touching with a look of shock frozen on their faces.Tails snapped out of her trance.

 

"Sonic! I'm sorry! Was an accident!"

 

Sonic got up with his eyes still huge.He didnt whipe her scent off his lips but just disturbed by what ran through his mind just then.He had actually enjoyed that and now was looking at Tails as he looked at Sally and Bunnie often.His heart raced and he collapsed to the ground scraming inside to himself.

 

"No...it just isnt right!!!"

 

"Sonic...I'm sorry it was an accident!" Tails pleaded.

 

Sonic felt horrible and ashamed of himself.Luckly Sally wasnt there to see that or so he thought.He saw Sally staring at him with the same horrible look of shock Sonic had.Sonic was about to speak but Sally rushed off sobbing.A sharp jolt of inner pain from guilt hit Sonic in his stomach.He looked back at Tails who  seemed to also be suffering.She was crying.

 

"What have I done? Aunt Sally hates me now and so do you!"

 

"Tails....I"

 

Bunnie stepped in.

 

"Hoo boy,you sure have done it this time Suga hog!"

 

"It was an accident Bunnie I swear it to you!"

 

"I believe you Sonic but right now Sally wont.I'll go talk to her to try and sort things out okay?"

 

Sonic approached Tails who was still crying.

 

"Your not in trouble Tails.Dont worry.It was an accident after all!"

 

Sonic settled while Bunnie went to sort things out.MEanwhile unkownset to them Metal Sonic had found them.He stepped out of the shadows and two of his first victims came.It was Amy Rose and Cheese (with her chao).

 

"Hello,Amy.Its been so long" Metal Sonic hissed.

 

"Metal Sonic!!! But Sonic beat you!"

 

"I am back and am shiny and brand new."

 

"What do you want?" Cheeese asked.

 

"Your blood spilled on the gound with a frozen look of fear on your faces!"

 

They turned to run but Metal Sonic with ease cut them down.Their heads rolled cleanly off their bodies with their mouths open for a scream and their eyes filled with fear as Metal Sonic wanted.

 

"Now....for Sonic!"

 

He noticed Creams Chao trying to scurry away but grabbed it and crushed it in his hand as blood sprayed all over.He dropped the broken mess and took off.Sonic was on a log chilling eating a chilli dog when Metal Sonic slammed into him with full power ramming him through a tree.Sonic twirled and rolled along the ground,having the wind knocked out of him.

 

"I'm back for that rematch you promised me remember,Sonic?"

 

"Metal! W-why are you covered in blood...? WHAT DID YOU DO!!!"

 

"Oh this.If you mean your sweet Amy Rose and Cheese Rabbit they are no more."

 

"You killed them! YOU BASTARD!!!!"

 

Sonic twirled into a sonic spin and launched himself at Metal.He hit him and sent him into a tree but bounced him off with a kia.Sonic went underground spinning.Metal took quickly to the air looking for the hedgehog to come up.He waited and waited.Then Sonic shot out of the dirt and managed to grab onto him as he moved out of the way.Sonic grabbed onto his leg.

 

"YOu want to go for a ride,Sonic?!"

 

He shot straight upward into the sky higher and higher.He shot past the clouds and outer space was coming in quick.Sonics lungs tightened and he began to suffocate.It began to grow very cold for him as Metal brushed through the last clouds about to leave Mobius.Sonic let go and fell.He free felled for a good ten minutes until he began to come close to the ground.Sonic was on the verge on blacking out and couldnt summon the strength to soften his blow.But then Metal Sonic teleported underneath him and caught him.But then he threw Sonic down to earth.Sonics head stuck into the dirt as he quirmed to free himself.

 

"HAHahahaha! At least you dont have your head in the clouds anymore!"

 

Metal Sonic decided to get serious and came walking towards him charging up with electricity crackling off him.But then Rotor came in front of him with a lazer gun and began to shoot at him.

 

"Die Metal!!!!!"

 

Metal Sonic put up a shield to deflect the blasts.Rotors face turned to terror.Then MEtal Sonic outstretched his arm and pointed to him like he was holding a gun.Then his finger shot like a bullet off him hitting poor Rotor in the side.A new finger slid in to take its place.

 

"You will pay....you all shall pay.........heh....but not right now....."

 

Sonic popped his head out and rushed to Rotor.

 

"Rotor! Somebody get him to the hospital!"

 

"Listen well Sonic...I am letting you go so that I shall crush you and Robotnik together with my army!"

 

"Army...!?"

 

Metal Sonic said no more and blasted a few houses with his lazer eyebeams and shot off like a rocket.Inside those burning huts were the babysitting center as the last of the children they had protected from Robotnik burned alive in the horrible inferno.Antoine and Bunnie came with a hose of water but it was too late.All that was left was they're disfigured ruins.Sonic had his fist clenched.They were so tight that blood leaked.

"Metal Sonic...Robotnik.....you will all die!"