CHAPTER 12

War

 

The badlands that seperated the Great Forest from Robotniks empire shook under the many feet and war crys.As they came storming down the hills the great doors to New Robotropolis opened up,as if expecting them.Out poured thousands and thousands of Swat Superiors coming after them to meet them head on.Then Robotniks general came out.The great Lord of Swatbots had entered the battlefield.His cape blew in the wind and he outstretched his left blaster arm and fired off shots.It blew down 30 or so but they kept coming.

 

The swats slashed with them as they fought them off.The Mobians and Robians fought with everything they had against them.Sword clashed with steel hides cutting into them.Some activated their flamethrowers burning them.Some even though burnt alive,took up their swords and came down upon them for a final attack.Sonic cut through them all like butter as he went into a sonic boom throwing them aside and cutting through everything in his path.

 

Tails was scared out of his mind.She pretended to be like the other warriors and go do her duties.She had saved the old mobian by sneaking up on it and cutting off its legs.But the Swat Superiors kept pouring out endlessly from the gates and crashing upon them.

 

Thousands turned to millions as they kept coming.Sonic took up the Sword of Acorns and flashed it high in the air.It sent a pulse through Sonic's body and the sword lit up in golden flames.Unkownst to Sonic,the reason why the sword was so magical is that it had a mind of its own and would choose its user.

 

And it chose Sonic.As the Mobian armies began to crumble under the mighty weight of Robotnik a small plane flew along the back ends of Robotropolis.It was Sally along with Bunnie,Rotor(healed up),and with Antoine.As the battle turned Robotniks attention away from them they snuck in.A swat clawed Sonic in the chest drawing blood.

 

Sonic went down but an arrow shot out and hit it in the visor and it toppled.Rob'o the Hedge came too.

He gave Sonic the thumbs up and went back to fighting shooting his arrows.But then Sonic faced the geat General.It towered over him like a giant.

 

"Diiiie......hedgehog....."

 

It came down upon him with its great claw and broke the ground wide open.Sonic dodged its hit and leaped for the face with his sword.It ripped its claw up from the ground and blocked him and swated him away.Sonic fell back down to the earth hard.It raise its great foot to stomp him but then one of the Robians activated one of their weapons and fired a tiny missle at it.It hit it square in the face but didnt even make a dent but it gave Sonic time to get out of the way.

 

The Robians lunged at The Lord of Swatbots and grabbed onto it.Many piled ontop of it but it twirled and wrenched them off and ran headlong into the charge against it and tore them down.It threw them up into the air and swatted them away like ants and stepped on them.Sonic spun into a ball and launched himself at it but bounced off.Bodies began to pile up under them of dead Mobians and shredded Robians.But then as things began to look bleak for Sonic the calvary came.Knuckles stood on the cliff with the legendary Knights of Mobius.The Green Knight,The Red Knight,The Blue Knight,The Black Knight and The White Knight.

 

Knuckles blew in a horn turning the Swats attention away from Sonic.Knuckles leaped off the cliff and glided down and hit The Lord of Swatbots head on tackling it to the ground.The Knights leaped off the cliff and high in the air twirling elegently as they came down.The remaining armies poured down to help and turn the tide.The White Knight elegently rushed underneath the Swat Superiors line of firing.He went underneath and cut off their legs and then heads.12 Swats lined up and blasted The Red Knight with their flamethrowers but he laughed as he became a fireball that bowled through them.Knuckles rushed over to Sonic.

 

"Sonic! The knights are going to take my place here! I am going to lead the attack on the south through Megaopolis.Make sure you try and stall Robotnik for as long as you can!"

 

"I will Knuckles! GO on!"

 

Knuckles sprinted back into the Great Forest.He ran as fast as he could to the other side of the forest.There was the last army settled there watching the outbreak on the far side.

 

"Allright listen up soldiers! We're going through MegaCentral and hit them with a sneak attack on the far side! But run your goddamn fasted before any surveilance systems catch us got it?"

 

His soldiers yelled out in glory.Knuckles ran out in the open with his men behind him.