CHAPTER 13

Revelations of Metal Sonic

 

As the battle grew more and more intense Sonic realised that the hordes of Swats had stopped coming out.Sonic took out his power ring and took off through the many burning down the troops and sliced through them.Tails was behind Sonic trying to stay close but at the same time not have Sonic see him.The Lord of Swatbots got back up and came after Sonic for revenge.

 

It mowed down everything in its path including Robotniks robots and slapped Sonic airborne with its great claw and jumped up and slammed Sonic down.Sonic couldnt get up as the wind was knocked out of him and his head was spinning.As it towered over him for the kill the 5 knights leaped at the great behemoth with thier swords slashing away at it.It lost balance and fell with them cutting away at it.

 

Furiously it grabbed the White Knight and threw it up into the air and aimed its plasma gun and basted him into nothingness.Rain began to trickle and came down heavy.The ground turned to mud under them.Then the Lord of Swatbots pressed a button on its side arm.

 

The ground shook underneath them.It knocked Tails off balance.Out from the gates of the city 5 great metal giants stomped out.They were 30 feet tall,had a great cannon on their right shoulders,with great horns and a gigantic sword sheathed on their sides.

 

"What kind of monsters have you made Robotnik!" Tails said.

 

They were Swat Titans.Robotniks muscle.Much bigger than The Lord of Swatbots but not as intelligent.They came crashing into the fray blasting everyone and everything in their path to smithereens.Things looked bleak for Sonic once again.But the tide was about to change suddenly.Sonic looked up at the grey,cruel sky and saw Metal Sonic.

Sonic gasped as Metal Sonic words uttered into his mind.

 

"Listen well Sonic...I am letting you go so that I shall crush you and Robotnik together with my army!"

 

Metal Sonics words were made true.Metal Sonic raised his hand high into the air and called down a lightning bolt that surged through him.Then the sky was filled with thousands of Metal Sonic's.

 

"KILL THEM ALL!!"

 

They came down like the rain and cut loose.They shot down their eyebeams blowing away Robotniks forces and at the same time Sonic's.Robotnik was watching all this from his command tower.

 

"Damn you Metal Sonic! Damn you Snively!!"

 

A intruder alarm went off.Robotnik looked.It showed a surveilance of Knuckles and his men crawling through Megaopolis.

 

"Well,well,well....surprise is mine!"

 

As Knuckles crept through the ruined city suddenly he realized something.

 

"Its too quiet....shit! He's onto us!"

 

Knuckles turned and saw bullets spray out from every direction and nail his troops.

 

"GET DOWN!"

 

Knuckles and his men crawled on the ground and moved under broken buildings and looked out.The city was surrounded by Robotniks forces.

 

"It is impossible! We...we cant win!" one of his soldiers said in despair.

 

"Shutup or I'll kill you right now.Your still alive so dont give me that shit!"

 

He gulped and bowed his head and began to prey.A lazer pierced through the building and put a clean hole through his head.His body slumped over.

 

"We're doomed! This is the end!" his men wailed.

 

"Shutup!"

 

"We must withdraw! We cant win!"

 

"I said shutup!"

 

Scared they ran despite Knuckles pleads.As they ran out into the open a barrage of gattling guns fired up filling them all with lead.Some tryed to drop to the ground to avoid the bullets but then were blasted to bloody bits by oncoming heat seaking rockets.Knuckles was all alone now.A ominous silenced hushed over.The city lay in a dead sleep untouched for decades.A fog hung to the city.Moss and greenage covered the streets hinting how old it was.The silence was broken by a large explosion piercing on of the buildings.It crumpled and smashed to the ground breaking the silence.Knuckles came out running like a madman.His dreadlocks were tied up and his left eye was cybernetic.He wore a brown vest and his gloves were also brown.

 

He looked around the city trying to see the enemy.Then thousands of red eyes lit up in the dark around the city.He gasped but then put up his gaurd and waited for the assault.Giant walkers walked out of the dark and shined their lazer targeting systems on him.Then thousands of these demonic looking robots marched out and pulled their guns to him.Then a holograpic projection window opened up revealing none other than Robotnik himself.He sneered at Knuckles trying hard to stand his ground.

 

"Think your little party of goons is enough to stop me cone head!" Knuckles spat.

 

 "Oh dont worry Knuckles,if these aren’t enough for you theres always more I can give.Their is always more! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!"

 

Then millions more came and filled up the city and the skies above him completely trapping him.They closed in around him for the kill.

 

"You might consider me overkilling my dear boy but you see this is all just safety precautions so no Master emerald miracles happen!" Robotnik said.

 

"Fine.I may not be able to get out of this but I would rather DIE than to run from your sorry ass! I was saving this for when I got to you but".... Knuckles pulled out a mini nuke from his pocket he stole from him ages ago.With a smile he pressed the red button and suddenly the city and his army was completely annihlated.A giant explosion stretched across Mobius and could be seen visible from space.

 

"KNUCKLES!!" Sonic shouted as the white light shined over them.

 

"Knuckles is terminated.As you shall be Sonic the Hedgehog!" Metal Sonic said.

 

But before he could strike a Swat Giant came trampling towards him.

 

"Slow fool!"

 

Metal Sonic motioned to his troops as they came down like buzzsaws cutting the bot into pieces.The Knights of Mobius were being overwhelmed by the Metal Sonic's.They spun around them creating a vortex cutting off their air.But then Rob'o the Hedge saved them by firing off exploding arrows at them blasting them to bits.Sonic looked forward towards New Robotropolis as the gate was left undefended and wide open.He juiced towards the gate but The Lord of Swatbots stepped in front of his path.

 

"You will never pass....Hedgehog"

 

"Apearently you dont know who I am! I'm Snoic! The fastest Hedgehog on Mobius! Lets go slowpoke!"

 

The Black Knight stood in between them.Bat wings suddenly sprouted of the Knights back.The Knight turned around and took off its helmet revealing its identity as Rouge the bat!

 

"Rouge?! Your the Black Knight!"

 

"Meh.I guess."

 

Rouge pulled out a Red Chaos Emerald.The one Knuckles tore from Mecha Shadow.She placed it in his hand.

 

"You'll need this Sonic! Trust me on this one!"

 

Sonic smiled and felt that victory wasnt so far away.Metal Sonic came down like a bat out of hell on Rouge.She repelled with her sword stopping his attacks.

 

"YOU GAVE HIM THE CHAOS EMERALD! YOU WILL DIE FOR THAT!"

 

It shredded Rouge's armour.She pulled away from the furious Metal Sonic hoping to lose it in the battlefield.But it tore after her flinging everything aside in its path.

 

"Fight me ,bat girl!" it said.It lowered its head with his eyes glowing.Rouge took up her sword.

 

"You'll regret that!"

 

Metal Sonic waved his hand and picked Rouge off the ground with a invisible force that was crushing her neck.

 

"Pathetic."

 

It came in closer watching Rouge squirm.It laughed maniacally.But Metal Sonic was caught off gaurd when the Blue knight stabbed Metal Sonic in the back.His grip on Rouge broke as he looked curiously at the sword poking out of him.He grabbed the sword and wrenched the rest through him and tossed it aside.Some liquidy substance melted over the wound and repaired him.

 

"I have the powers of Chaos! None can defeat me!"

 

It shot an eye beam that melted the Blue Knights armour to his flesh.He screamed and rolled around in agony clawing at it.Metal Sonic gave him release by picking up his sword and striking down on his neck.Rouge came at him with her sword but he caught her wrist.She grabbed his his other arm and they became locked in a duel.

 

"Let...go of me you wretched creature!"

 

"You'll have to kill me first!"

 

Sonic still had his hands full with the Lord of Swatbots.Everytime Sonic went on the offensive it would repell him with its mass.Sonic gripped the Chaos Emerald as he felt the energies empower him.He saw an opening as it lowered its defense to step back and he ran up it and leaped into the air.The sword of Acorns burst with power from the chaos emerald.

 

"SONIC SLASH!!"

 

He came down and delivered the final blow.It got sliced down the middle.It shifted part and fell to pieces.Sonic whiped the sweat from his brow and stormed off towards the center of the city.

 

MEtal Sonic activated his jet thrusters and took Rouge up into the sky.Rouge kicked herself away from him.

 

"Bad move.The sky is my domain! Prepare to crash and burn!"

 

Metal rocketed towards her and slashed her in the side.She cryed out as blood trickled through the claw marks on her suit.She bit her teeth and held her sword.It came around again but this time she was ready.She swooped to the side and cut his mid section wide open.Then she stabbed his thrusters at the back.He fell down to the earth and crashed.The Swat Superiors began to beat the Metal Sonic's back.

 

"You...will pay!!"

 

Metal Sonic raced at Rouge slamming her into the ground.He broke her sword and pinned her down about to cut into her when a unexpected twist happend.Tails came in and slashed half of Metal Sonic's head off.He toppled to the ground with a look of shock on his mechanical face.His remaining red eye faded into blackness.Then all the Metal Sonic's dropped dead on the spot.Tails helped Rouge up.

 

"Wow Tails! That was awesome what you did!" Rouge said with a smile.

 

"Aw shucks! It was nothing.Are you ok?"

 

"I'm fine thanks to you,you brave little fox!"

 

She grabbed Tails suddenly and gave her a great kiss on the lips.

 

"'ll thank you more later..." Rouge said winking as she walked away.Tails,collapsed to the ground with a lovesick look in his eyes.His grin spread to each corner of her face.Meanwhile the Swat Superiors began to crumble under the ferocity of the Mobians.