CHAPTER 14

The fall of Robotnik

 

 

Sally,Bunnie,Rotor and Antoine snuck underneath Robotropolis' gaurd as they went underground following his pipe systems.

 

"Ok gang,the elevator should be just up ahead!" Sally said.

 

"Oiy! I ams so glads I am to be being down here where there are no scary theengs!" Antoine said.

 

"Talk about being behind enemy lines,eh Princess Sally?" Rotor said.

 

"No kidding.I just hope Sonic and the others are doing allright!"

 

"I'm sure ol' Suga hog is fine! You'll see!" said Bunnie.

 

"Ah, we're here!" said Rotor.

 

They came to a rusty old elevator in the wall that was camouflaged into the wall.Sally took out her trusty computer Nicole and overrid the door by hacking it.It opened half way and got stuck so Rotor had to push it open.

 

"I doubt Robotnik ever monitors this spot anymore" said Rotor.

 

"Doesnt look like it."

 

They all went inside.A computerized voice activated.

 

"What floor?"

 

"Basement.Level 5!"

 

The elevator squeeled as it shot downward.It went down and down past the empty mines and the ruins of old Robotropolis.It descended deeper and deeper till they came to the bottom.The pillars were alot bigger than they had imagined.

 

"Um...guys...I dont think we have enough explosives!"

 

Meanwhile Sonic raced through the empty city and came to the Command Tower.The Robotisizer Cannon stook out waiting to be activated.Sonic plowed through the front door and past the security bots.Till he made his way up the tower to the War Room.There Sonic walked into Robotniks quarters.Robotnik stood there,in front of his monitors waiting.

 

"It took you Hedgehog...."

 

Sonic didnt say nothing.

 

"I suppose you come here with that sword to strike me down do you? Well do it!"

 

"As you wish,Julian!"

 

Sonic raced towards Robotnik with the sword in one hand and the chaos emerald in another.Robotnik slapped Sonic aside and he dropped the Emerald.Before Sonic could grab it it rolled under the floor and down below into darkness.

 

"Do you know what my beutiful cannon is going to do to your precious little planet Hedgehog? When it becomes activated the beams will be bounced off my sattelites and hit the planet robotisizing every last thing!"

 

"Your not a man Robotnik.Your a monster."

"I'm just a simple scientist who will conquer the universe!"

 

"And your gonna die!"

 

Sonic leaped at Robotnik with the sword.Robotniks eyes went pure black.Veins bulged under his skin and through his clothing.Sonic stopped in shock.Robotniks robotic arm transformed into liquid metal.His body muscled up.

 

"I knew we would eventually cross paths again so not only did I create the Robotsizer Cannon I evolved myself!"

 

"Evolve?"

 

"I am a new being.Anything that is mechanical I can control and once Mobius is full robotisized I shall become God!"

 

"Your even sicker than Dr Eggman ever was!"

 

"Ah alas poor Eggman,I knew him well.....till I removed his head HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

 

Sonic spun into a ball and launched himself at him.Robotniks robotic arm morphed into a giant fist and punched him across the room.Robotnik charged forward and slammed Sonic through the wall.He grabbed Sonic's head and bashed his face on the ground.Sonic spun upward sawing his robot arm off but it turned to liquid and reformed.

 

"I am invincible!"

 

Sonic grabbed his sword and slashed Robotnik in the side of the face.Blood trickled down his cheek.He became enraged and screamed.

 

"I HATE YOU HEDGEHOG!!!"

 

Sonic went to strike again but Robotnik caught the sword.

 

"Lets take this outside!" Sonic said.

 

He planted himself back on the ground and with all his might swung Robotnik who was grabbing onto the sword around and outside.He got up as the rain pounded down.Sonic walked out to face him for the last time.A showdown occured ontop of the mouth of the Command Tower.

 

Cut to Sally

 

"One option remains Sally" said Nicole,her computer.

 

"Place all explosives at top of Beam 3,4,and 5.If those are destroyed the weight shall shift and it will be crushed."

 

"B-but wont we be crushed too?" asked Antoine getting nervous.

 

"Set the timers for 15 minutes.That should give us enough time to get out!"

 

"Phew! I am liking this plan much better now!"

 

"Lets get to work,suga!"

 

In the short time they had placed all the explosive charges on pillars 3-5.They all timed them for 15 minutes to self detonate.

 

"Great work guys,now lets get outta here!"

 

As they raced towards the doorway a hulking figure stepped out of the rubble.It was one of DR Eggmans robots.It was gigantic Shadowbot that was somehow overlooked by Robotnik.

 

"You will be robotisized in the name of the Eggman Empire!"

 

"The Eggman Empire is dead and so is your master!"

 

"Does not compute.Illogical.Termination proceeding!"

 

Its wrist lazer activated and began shooting.Sally and the others dodged.

 

"We arez doomed m,princess!!" Antoine wailed.

 

"Shutup Antoine!"

 

It fired a net and pinned Sally to one of the pillars.

 

"Sally!"

 

Antoine came and took out his sword(which he never uses) and cut the net freeing her.

 

"Ten minutes left Sally girl!" said Bunnie.

 

"how're we gonna get past this goon?" Rotor thought.

 

But just as things looked bleak the elevator hummed.The Shadowbot turned its attention towards it.And Mighty the Armadillio stepped out armed to the teeth with guns and grenades.

 

"Hey guys.Knuckles wanted to make sure you guys wouldnt get in trouble so I followed!"

 

"Its Mighty!" said Antoine stating the obvious.

 

"GO! I'll hold off this tin can!"

 

"Allright suga but ya got 10 minutes till this all go's sky high!"

 

Mighty leaped at the Shadowbot and clobbered it and leaped backwars pulling out a bazooka and fired off blowing half its head off.Mighty cleared the path.They got into the elevator and pressed it to go up.About half way up it got stuck.

 

"I cant jumpstart it! Its too worn down for it to work anymore!" said Rotor.

 

"Oh just dandy! We came all this way for nothing!" said Bunnie.

 

"We'll have to climb up using the cables" said Sally.They kicked open the roof and climbed out.Sally took Antoines sword and cut the cable.The elevator dropped like a sack of potatoes and they were shot up.

 

"Get ready to jump!"

 

They shot upward like a rocket.Bunnie grabbed Rotor and Antoine and with Sally jumped through.The faints sounds of the elevator grinding against the walls and crashing to the bottom could be heard echoing from below.

 

"Lets go! not much time left!"

 

"But how will Mighty be getting out?" Antoine asked.

 

"I'm sure theres some stairs down there he can get" guessed Rotor.

 

Down below Mighty had wasted up all his amunition on it.He badly damaged it.It had a few holes blown through its chest cavity and was missing half its head.But little did everyone know that Mighty had no intention of escaping.He stayed down there till the timer went.A great explosion blew apart the pillars having the cieling come down on them crushing them.The weight shifted and the other pillars broke under it.

 

Cut to Robotnik.

 

"Try and stop me now Hedgehog!" he said with a victorious smile on his face.He pressed a button on his wrist and suddenly the Robotisizer cannon sprang to life.

 

"No..." Sonic said.

 

The Master Emerald sent great amounts of energy through the filters and the cannon charged up to fire.Suddenly a great tremor shook the city knocking Robotnik and Sonic over.

 

"What was that?!" Robotnik said.

 

"Heh.Look like our diversion worked."

 

"What diversion?!"

 

"Look to the south side.The pillars holding up your city have been blown to smithereens.Now...as that part of the city go's down so will another part.This battle was just a front!"

 

"YOU MAKE A FOOL OF ME HEDGEHOG!!!"

 

Enraged his left arm morphed into a great blade and swung at Sonic.Sonic  leaped ontop of the tip and ran along the edge and kicked him in the face sending him sprawling backwards.The battle outside stopped as they saw the plan had worked.Robotropolis began to slide towards the ocean.The Mobians cheered and there up their swords chanting.

 

"FREEDOM! FREEDOM! FREEDOM! FREEDOM!"

 

Sally and the others had barely managed to escape the blast and were outside watching.

 

"Oh,Sonic..." Sally whispered.

 

"If I go down Hedgehog...this time your going with me!!"

 

Robotnik clinged to the edge grabbing onto Sonic.The Cannons gears ruptured and exploded.It sagged downwards cutting through the Tower.

 

"I'd stay Robotnik but I promised somebody I loved I would come back!"

 

Sonic hacked off Robotniks arm and with his power ring used the last of the juice to speed down the side of the tower and run along the cannon as a bridge and across.The city shook violently as water flooded in and buildings collapsed.

 

"No...my plan....MY PLANS!!!"

 

The Mobian Ocean swallowed up the east and southern end and broke against the Command Tower.Robotnik stood watching the water rise to consume him.With his last breath he shouted with all his lungpower.

 

"I HATE THAT FUCKING HEDGEHOG!!!!!"

 

And then he dissapeared under the water.Robotropolis exploded and slid apart.In a matter of minutes everything slid into the Ocean.Sally shed a tear thinking Sonic hadnt made it.But then from the rubble Sonic raced through and greeted his men.They all cheered his name.Sonic happily walked through the crowd and went to Sally who was awestuck with happyness.She ran and leaped onto him hugging him so hard Sonic thought she would never let go.Sonic knelt down and presented the sword to Sally.

 

"This belongs to your family Princess Sally.The Sword of Acorns helped win the day.But it wasnt just the sword.It was all of you!"

 

"Sonic!"

 

Tails squeezed through the crowds and ran up to Sonic.

 

"Sonic! You did it! Robotniks gone!"

 

"Heeey....look at you.You look like a knight! Did you fight too?"

 

"Uhuh.I beat Metal Sonic!"

 

"You killed Metal Sonic?! Wow...!"

 

"Thats not all."

 

Tails whispered into Sonics ear and pointed towards Rouge.

 

"I think she likes me!"

 

Rouge looked over her shoulder and winked.Sonic gave Tails a noogy and laughed.The day ended as a great celebration took place at Knothole.Sonic and Sally sat together watching a great roaring fire while Tails and Rouge were getting aquainted.

 

"Just so you know...I got turned into a girl!"

 

"Heh.I figured that out awhile ago Tails! Doesnt change a thing!"

 

"Really?"

 

"Of course!"

 

Rouge picked up Tails up like she was nothing and flew off.She hung upside down in a tree embracing her with her wings tucked in around her.Tails looked into her eyes and met her with a kiss.Everyone was happy.Music played and the soldiers danced and got drunk.But how long would all this happyness last?

 

Cut to New Robotropolis

 

The great evil city now nothing but smoking remains stood slightly poking out of the Mobian Ocean.But something evil stirred.Everyone had forgotten about the Master Emerald that was now buried underneath the ocean.When it became trapped it sent off a pulse that opened a doorway to another world.That world was The Void.A portal opened up and out stepped the most evil wizard of all time,Ixis Naugus.

 

"Celebrate while you can Quickster...."

 

 

THE END