Disclaimer- We dance, we kiss, we shmooze, we carry on, we go home happy, what do ya say?

A/N- Well, I always knew I would make a sequel to this story someday. Listen, you don’t have to, but you should go back and read my other story, “The Big Switch” if you haven’t... just so this makes more sense.

Btw, I can actually picture two charcters switching bodies in the SatAM universe, can you? This would make a way cool episode, in my opinion. Try to actually picture it as you read!

“You bellowed, your Ovalness?” Snively asked wearily, as he crossed the metal runway that led to Robotnik’s throne.

“My, my, what accurate hearing you have, Snively,” Robotnik said mockingly. Failing to notice his nephew’s annoyed look, he continued. “Snively, do you recall that invention of mine, the Mind Manipulator?”

Snively remembered that device. It was originally programmed to seize total control of the targeted victim’s mind, thus allowing you to make that person into your slave. But oddly enough, Robotnik had somehow designed it wrong, as there had been a glitch in it; instead of taking control of one’s mind, it made you switch minds, or bodies, with that person... which is exactly what had happened with Snively and Sonic. Snively recalled what a strange, yet fun experience it had been in the Hedgehog’s body, running anywhere at the speed of light...

“Yes, sir. I remember that invention very well, as a matter of fact,” he replied. “What of it, sir?”

“I’m getting to that part, you little twerp,” Robotnik snapped. “You see, Snively, I have deeply considered how the original model actually transfered one’s mind into another person’s body, instead of merely seizing control of their mind... and I have decided that I actually prefer that concept far more, after all.” He ignored the confused look on his short kin’s face, and went on. “It has occured to me as of late that if one of us were to switch our minds with a Freedom Fighter- such as the Hedgehog- then we could easily find the location of Knothole, could we not?”

Snively frowned, getting his uncle’s meaning. “Well, sir, wouldn’t we have to perfectly copy that particular Freedom Fighter’s usual speech and habits, so as to not arouse suspicion among the other Freedom Fighters?”

“Your sense of understanding never fails to astound me, Snively,” Robotnik said dryly. “Yes... you certainly would.”

Snively gulped. “M-m-me, sir? But why me? I could never imitate any Freedom Fighter that well; I’m really not that familiar with them. I wouldn’t know how to act exactly like them!”

Robotnik’s eyes glowed a dangerous red. “I seem to recall, Snively, that you did an excellent job copying the Hedgehog’s speech and actions that day. Why, you certainly fooled me...”

Snively nervously tugged at the collar of his green turtle-neck shirt. “Well... it’s just that I- I’ve seen and heard the Hedgehog so many times over the years, that I’ve grown quite familiar with his ways, sir,” he chuckled nervously, sweating somewhat.

“Indeed. Anyway, Snively, here is my plan: I have invented a device, which I call a “mind transferrer”,” Robotnik said, doing that finger-quotation thing, like Dr. Evil. “Using this “Mind Transferrer”, you simply wait until the next time you have an actual encounter with the Hedgehog, and then upon pushing this red button,” he continued, referring to the hand-held device in his hand, “the antenna will send out signals which will automatically transfer your mind into his body, and vice-versa. Once you do so, go down to the Great Forest and wait for a Freedom Fighter to find you, and follow him or her back to Knothole. Once you are in Knothole, wait there for a few hours or so, and then quickly report back here to give me your report and lead me to the village. Do you understand, Snively?”

“Yes, sir,” Snively said, nodding.

“Therefore, because this plan is mainly prior to the Hedgehog’s capture, I will call it... Preperation ‘H’!” the fat ignoramus announced in this big, dramatic way. “Yes, I believe that Preperation ‘H’ feels quite good...”

Snively couldn’t help it; he snickered loudly at this, trying not to burst out laughing.

Robotnik glared at Snively. “Does something amuse you about what I just said, Snively?” he growled.

Snively smirked. “You’re right, sir- Preperation H does feel good!” He muttered under his breath, “For ass-cream...”

Robotnik raised an eyebrow. “I’m sorry; did you want some ice-cream?”

Snively tried not to burst out laughing. “Yes, sir- I would love some chocolate ass-cream!”

“Er... perhaps later,” Robotnik said slowly, mishearing him again.

“HEDGEHOG ALERT IN SECTOR #4, PRIORITY ONE!” the computer suddenly blared, as the image of a certain blue hedgehog came dashing up on the monitor.

“Ah... and he’s alone too,” Robotnik smiled wickedly. “How perfectly convenient. Why, it’s almost far too easy...” He tossed Snively the Mind Transferrer. “Well, don’t just stand there, you little twit! Go out and greet our little friend personally...”

“At once, Dr. Robotnik,” Snively replied. He muttered to himself, “Well, it appears the Big Round Guy has been watching Austin Powers again.”

“What was that?!”

“Um, I said that the Hedehog and Freedom Fighters will soon tremble before your great powers, sir!”

Sonic had just gotten a chilli-dog from one of the vending machines. “The Hedgehog is hun-gry! Into the ‘ol mouth, past the gums, look out stomach, here it comes!” he said, as he swallowed the ‘dog all in one gulp. He burped, and smacked his lips. “Yeah! Nothin’ like a chilli-dog to make your day complete!” He checked his watch. “Whoa, I’m late! Unc’s expecting me! Gotta juice!” He was just about to dash off for Sir Charles’ secret hide-out, where he listened in on all of Robotnik’s plans and conversations, when all of a sudden he heard a familiar nasel Britsh-accented voice sneer, “On the contrary, rodent- you’ll be “juicing” nowhere!”

“Well, well, well,” Sonic said in a mocking tone, “if it ain’t ‘ol Snootley the Great... the Great Loser, that is!”

“That’s Snively the Great to you, you miserable vermin! And now that I have your undivided attention, there’s something I’d like to show you...” He whipped out the Mind Transferrer from his pocket. “Do you know what this device does, Hedgehog?” he sneered.

Sonic shrugged. “Lemmie guess- some kinda remote control?”

“Close, but no coconut, vermin!” Snively then paused. “Well, instead of merely telling you what it’s capable of, I’ll be so kind as to give you an actual demonstration!” With that, he aimed the antenna at Sonic and pushed the button, before Sonic could even get a chance to react. There was a zapping sensation that hit him, then bounced off Sonic and zapped Snively too...

Sonic shook his head. “Whoa, that was mondo weird,” he groaned, wearily rubbing his head. “Man, what just happ-” Suddenly, he gasped in horror and clapped a hand over his mouth, as he realized that the voice coming out of his mouth was Snively’s! “Oh man, not again!” he cried. He glared at Snively, who was now in his body. “Hey, Slimely, what is the deal here? Didn’t Robuttnik already try this once before? Is the guy running short on creativity, or what?”

“Oh, but this time it was all intentional, rodent... or should I say “shrimpboat”?” Snively chortled in Sonic’s voice. “You see, this is an entirely different device. This one was actually designed to switch one’s mind with another’s!”

“Yo, why on Mobius would Robuttnik actually wanna do that?” Sonic frowned, raising an eyebrow.

“What’s the whole point of Robotnik’s so-called devious scheme this time, you ask?” Snively snickered. “Well now... that would be telling, wouldn’t it?”

“Uh, you know I’m just gonna foil your guys’ plan, return to my body, and save the day, right?” Sonic yawned, casually glancing at his (Snively’s) fingertips. “It’s what I do best, ya know.”

“Not this time, bud!” Snively said mockingly, with a snicker. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ve gotta juice and jelly!” With that, he revved up, and was just about to speed away.

“Uh, that’s “juice and jam”, lame-o,” Sonic said, rolling his eyes.

Snively exhaled, annoyed, coming to a stop. “Just practising, Cue-Ball... er, just trying it on for size, that is!” he quickly corrected himself, so as not to give Robotnik’s plan away. “Uh, gotta juice! See ya around, Slimely!” He revved up again. “Oh, and even in this wretched form, I’m still Snively the Great!” With that, he dashed off in the direction of the Great Forest.

Sonic stood there, feeling mondo confused. “Man... if only I knew just where that creep’s headed! If only I knew just what Robuttnik’s got in mind! Something smells mondo nasty here... and it ain’t just the cologne Snively’s- er, I’m wearing!” He sighed. “Well, I’d better head for Uncle Chuck’s place. I’ll bet he knows what’s up! Juice time!” He tried to speed off, but forgot that he was in Snively’s body, and tripped and fell. “Oh, yeah. Huh... force of habit. I guess I’ll have to make do with the pathetic amount of speed this guy’s got.” He took off running for Uncle Chuck’s hide-out as fast as Snively’s little legs could go. “Well, I guess he can run fast for a little guy, but it’s still mondo slow for me!” He groaned. “Oh, man... I hate having his whiny, nasel voice commin’ outta my own mouth! It just don’t sound right!”

Sonic entered Uncle Chuck’s hide-out. “Yo, Unc! It’s me, Sonic! Something mondo weird just happened!” he began, ready to explain. “You ‘member I told you ‘bout that time Snively used that device on me which made us switch bodies? Well, that little bugger did it again! Only this time, he said that it was actually intentional! He said that having us switch bodies is all part of some plan of Robuttnik’s!” He paused. “Look, Unc, I know it’s hard to believe, but it’s really me- Sonic! Your favorite, not to mention one-and-only past-cool nephew!”

“I know it’s really you, Sonnie-boy,” Sir Charles said, smiling a little, “and I’m glad you’re here. I’m just sorry that it’s too late...” He paused. “You see, I overheard Robotnik discussing how he designed this device, which he calls the Mind Transferrer, to switch bodies with you and Snively. It’s all part of his plan to find Knothole...”

“You mean that Robotnik hopes the other Freedom Fighters’ll think Snively is really me, and then follow them back to Knothole?” He paused. “Oh, man... and he was heading in the direction of the Great Forest too!”

“You’d better hurry down there before he runs into any of the others!” Uncle Chuck said. “Let’s just hope he already hasn’t...”

Sonic snorted. “The guy’ll never pull off acting like me! He can’t even say “juice and jam” right! The others’ll figure out that it ain’t the real me in a Sonic second!” He grinned. “Cause there’s only one Sonic the Hedgehog!”

“Well, we can only hope that Snively somehow gives himself away,” Uncle Chuck said. “Though, like you said, I can’t imagine that he would make a very convincing you. You’d probably do a better job acting like him,” he chuckled.

Heh... parish the thought,” Sonic laughed. “Well, gotta juice and cut it loose! Later, Unc!” He went to speed away again, tripped, and fell. “My bad...” He took off running the regular way, as fast as Snively’s little legs could go.

Uncle Chuck watched him go. “I just hope it’s not too late,” he said worriedly.

Snively came juicing into the Great Forest. “There’s just got to a Freedom Fighter around here somewhere,” he was saying impatiently, as he dodged his way around the trees.

Just then, he spotted Tails in the look-out tower up ahead. “Bingo!” he cried, speeding up towards the look-out post.

Tails had just spotted “Sonic” racing up towards him through his binoculars. “It’s Sonic!” he said happily, as he wound up his tails and flew down to greet him.

“Excellent... the little twerp spotted me,” Snively grinned to himself, as he came to a stop.

“Sonic! Hey, Sonic! Over here!” Tails called, as he flew over to where Snively was standing. He landed down beside him. “Hi, Sonic! What’s up?”

Blast, now what’s that kid’s name again- Tails, that’s right! “Oh, nothing in particular, Tails... just the usual- racing around everywhere... yep...”

“Cool!” Tails glanced at his watch. “Hey, my look-out shift just ended. Wanna race to Knothole?”

Perfect... “Sounds cool to me, kiddo,” Snively said. “I’ll even give you a head-start, okay?”

“Yeah!” The young kitsune wound up his tails, and took off flying. “Last one there’s a SWAT-butt!” Snively waited for about five seconds, then took off after him, making sure to stay directly behind him. He saw that Tails was heading for what appeared to be a large knothole, which was cleverly hidden among the trees. Of course! That’s why they call it “Knothole”! Why didn’t we ever think of this before? Snively thought to himself.

“Catch ya later, slowpoke!” the fox laughed, as he vanished through the hole.

Snively grinned, and sped up. “Bingo, bingo, BINGO!” he cried out happily. “YE-E-S!” He followed Tails down the knothole.

Snively glanced around the quaint little village. “So this is the great Knothole, hmmm? Not as impressive as I’d always imagined it to be, I must say...”

Just then, Sally walked up to him. “Sonic Hedgehog, just where you been? I’ve been looking everywhere for you! You know I don’t like it when you just take off for Robotropolis without telling me first!”

The Princess! “Um, my apologies, Princess, it won’t again, I promise,” he quickly, reverting to his respectfully-grovelling tone which he always used around his uncle.

Sally raised an eyebrow. “Are you making fun of me, Sonic?” she teased.

“Why, of course not, Prin- er, Sally!” Snively quickly said. “Whatever makes you thinks so?”

“Well, for one thing, you never call me “Princess”- and you certainly never speak to me in such a respectful way like that!”

Snively racked his brain for a quick excuse. “Oh, well, I- I just-”

“Soo what did you go into the city for, anyway?” Sally said, changing the subject. “I hope you at least had enough sense to bring a Power Ring with you.”

Snively’s ears pricked up at the mention of a Power Ring. Robotnik had temporarily gotten his hands on one a while ago. They had learned that those things could be very powerful, according to the energy readings, but they had never been able to figure out just what exactly their power was capable of.

“Oh... uh, yeah, of course” he said, “I used it when I escaped a pack of Robuttnik’s, er, Butt-Bots,” Snively said, with a chuckle..“Man, did I have a past-cool time, making scrap metal outta those guys!”

Sally sighed. “You just went down there to destroy some SWATBots?” she said, placing her hands on her hips. “Sonic, you can always do that on our missions. Otherwise, it’s not worth risking your life over alone in the city, just for that sort of reckless activity, you know. You’ve got to learn to take things more seriously. It’s not just one big game!”

“Aw, don’t worry about the Hedgehog, Sal!” Snively said, really getting into it now. “I can handle anything! Just leave it to me!”

Sally smiled, rolling her eyes. “Anyway, I’m glad you’re back now because it’s your turn to guard the Power Ring Pool.”

“Power Ring Pool?” So they get all their Power Rings from a pool? But how? Now there’s an interesting concept... This I absolutely must see!

“Yes. Don’t tell me you’ve forgotten that it’s your watch. You’re late, you know. Antoine’s been waiting forever.”

“Oh, has he? Well, uh, lead the way, Sally.”

Sally raised an eyebrow. “Sonic, I’m surprised. Normally, you’d make some sort of teasing remark about Antoine.” She smiled, folding her arms. “Well, I hope that means you’re growing up...”

“Uh, ya never know, Sal. So, uh, let’s head on down to the pool. I’ll bet Antoine must be getting mondo impatient by now,” Snively quickly said.

“Sonic, you know where it is. You almost sound as if you’ve never been there before,” Sally chuckled.

“Uh, yeah, but I’d just rather have the pleasure of being accompanied by, uh, such a lovely maiden as yourself,” Snively grinned nervously. He knew Sonic and Sally were sort of a couple.

Sally laughed. “Oh, really? Sonic Hedgehog, you are definitely not acting like yourself!”

Snively shrugged. “Well, what can I say, Sal? You know me- I’m just full of surprises!”

“Hmph! Zo zere you are being, Sonique Hedgehog! I ‘ave been waiting for all zese long time now!” Antoine said impatiently, as Snively approached the Power Ring Pool.

“Oh, cease your inane bellyaching, you little twit! I’m here now, aren’t I?” Snively snapped.

Antoine stared at his “friend”, blinking at his odd outburst. “Hmph! Such rudeness! Well, it appears as if somebody has awoken on zee wrong side of zee couch zese morning!”

“That’s “bed”, you confounded ignoramus! Honestly, why must I be surrounded by such fools?” He frowned impatiently at Ant’s confused expression. “Well, what are you waiting for? You can go anytime now, you know!”

Antoine left, grumbling to himself about “zee rude hedgehog”.

Now Snively was alone. “So, this where the Freedom Fighters get their Power Rings from, huh? Oh, wait until the Big Round Guy hears about this...” He peered down into the water. “They’re down there somewhere,” he began, but all of a sudden he could see a golden light rising to the surface. There was a brilliant flash of light, as a Power Ring rose to the surface and hovered above the water, like an angel’s halo. “It- it’s beautiful...” he whispered, clasping his hands together. “I simply must seize it... Dr. Robotnik will be most pleased...” He was just about to leap up and grab it, when all of a sudden, Rotor suddenly approached him. “Hey, Sonic, you wanna hear this new joke I just came up with?” he asked.

Can’t you see I’m busy, you fool- er, I mean... sure, bud, sounds mondo cool to me!” Snively quickly said. “Let’s hear it!”

“Okay- Robotnik is so fat... he has to put his belt on with a boomerang every morning!”

Snively couldn’t help but laugh at this. He seized it as a perfect opportunity to run down and make fun of his hated uncle. “Cool! How about this one- Robuttnik is so overweight... his blood type is rock-and-roll!”

For the next ten minutes, Rotor and Snively exchanged all the nasty jokes about Robotnik they could think of. By now, the two were collapsed on the ground, in utter hysterics. For a while, Snively almost forgot about stealing the Power Ring; it was too late anyway, as it had already vanished back down below.

Blast! I missed my chance! Where did the bloody ring go? It must have retreated back down into the pool... astounding... Well, after this walrus is out of my sight, I’ll simply wait for another one to rise to the surface...

“Hey, ya’ll!” Bunnie Rabbot called, as she approached the fake hedgehog and walrus. She smiled. “My, my, I do declare, you fellas sound jest like a couple of ‘ol hyenas! I could hear ya’ll all the way from my garden. What in the hoo-haw is so funny, anyway?”

“We were just swapping Robuttnik jokes,” Rotor chuckled, wiping away a tear from his eye. “Weren’t we, Sonic?”

“You betcha, bud!” Snively grinned. “Like, Robuttnik is so fat... his belt size is the equator!”

Bunnie laughed. “Oh, sugah-hog, you’re jest too much!” She turned to Snively. “Say, sugah-hog, I jest baked up my famous carrot cake this afternoon. Would ya’ll like ta try some?”

“Er, no, maybe later, Ms. Rabbot- er, Bunnie; it’s currently my watch,” Snively quickly said, anxiously keeping his eyes on the water...

“Well, that’s all right, sugah, I’ll jest bring you a slice then!” Bunnie smiled. “I imagine guarding them Power Rings must be hungry work.”

“I said, no thank you!” Snively snapped, hoping they both would just take the hint and leave.

Bunnie looked confused. “Well, gee, Sonic, I thought ya’ll loved my carrot cake. There’s plenty to share, you know...”

Snively glared at Bunnie. “Would you just get out of here and leave me alone, already?” he yelled in frustration. “Both of you! Can’t you fools see I’m busy?”

Bunnie’s mouth dropped open, as did Rotor’s. “Well! I never, in all my life! Jest for being so darn rude, ya’ll can jest forget about having any cake at all! Hmph!” She turned to Rotor. “Come on, sugah, let’s go have some of that cake ourselves.” They left for Bunnie’s hut, frowning at their “friend” in both anger and confusion.

“Finally! Now, providing there are no more blasted interruptions-”

Just then, Tails came flying on down beside Snively, hockey stick in hand. “Hey, Sonic! After your watch is over, you wanna play a round of dirt-hockey with me?” he asked eagerly.

Snively scowled. But then he quickly converted it into a smile, and replied, “Sounds mondo cool, little guy! But later, okay? I’m kinda busy right now...”

Tails looked confused, and slightly insulted. “Little guy? But you always call me “big guy”, Sonic! What’s up with that?”

Snively quickly racked his mind for some excuse, but found none. “Um, say, Tails,” he hastily said, changing the subject, “you wouldn’t happen to know when another Power Ring is gonna rise, would you?”

“Um, I think the next one is due is another eight hours,” Tails said.

What?! Eight whole blasted hours?!” Snively cried in frustration.

Tails nodded. “Well, yeah. They rise every few hours or so, you know.” He suddenly grew eager. “Why, were you planning on juicing down to ‘ol Robo-Country? Can I go with you this time, Sonic, please? I promise I’ll be quiet as a mouse! I’ll even hide in your back-pack just like that other time, remember?”

Snively’s patience had finally worn thin. “Now look here, you meddling little irritant!” he yelled. “What I intend on doing with the next Power Ring is none of your business! I suggest you keep your nose out of my personal affairs, as they don’t concern you! Now go fly off and play with some matches, or something? I’m busy!”

Tails got a shocked look on his face, as his eyes filled up with hurt tears. “But- but, Sonic... I-” He then burst into tears, and flew away.

“Well, that takes care of the peanut gallery,” Snively said, nastily smiling in satisfaction. He frowned. “But I can’t believe their rings take so bloody long to rise! Well, no matter. There’s time enough for that. Once I report back to the Big Round Guy and bring him to Knothole, all those lovely and powerful rings will soon be all ours for the taking!” He cackled his high-pitched little laugh, though it sounded funny coming from Sonic’s vocal cords.

All of a sudden, the village alarm went off, signalling that danger was on it’s way. Immediately, all the citizens began racing around and panicing.

“Everybody return your homes, or seek a place to hide!” Sally called out to the panicing folks. “Remain there until there further notice! Hurry, everyone! This is not a drill!”

At that moment, Dulcy came crash-landing into Knothole. “Sally!” she cried breathlessly, “I was flying out in the Great Forest, and I saw one of Robotnik’s hovecrafts heading this way!”

But that’s impossible! Snively thought to himself. Old lord of lard doesn’t knowwhere Knothole is; I haven’t reported back to him yet! “Uh, don’t worry ‘bout a thing, Sal!” he quickly said, trying to sound cool and fearless at the same time. “Just lemmie at ‘ol Robo-breath, and the Hedgehog will take care of everything!”

“Oh, Sonic, this is serious! What are we going to do?” Sally cried. “How could Robotnik have found Knothole?”

Snively shrugged. “Ya got me, Princess.” He turned away to grin. Well, well... I don’t understand how- but Julian finally somehow managed to find Knothole. Hmmm... perhaps I slightly underestimated his fat-layered brain. Oh, this should be very interesting indeed!

The hovercraft landed right in the center of the village. The Freedom Fighters slowly backed away, ready for a fight, as the door opened up only to reveal...

“I don’t believe it! It’s Snively!” Sally cried, as there came gasps and murmurs of shock and confusion. “And he’s alone too! What in the word is going on here?”

“What?! Hedgehog?! NO! What are you doing here?” Snively cried in shocked outrage. Everybody turned to regard him with confused murmers and strange looks. “Er, I mean- hey, Snobley, what are you doing here? If you think you’re gonna get away with this, you’ve got another thing comin’ atcha- hedgehog style!”

“Nice try, Snively, but it ain’t gonna work!” Sonic said. “I gotta admit, you’re okay at acting like me, but it still ain’t quite enough to win ya an Academy Award!” He ran up to Sally and the others. “Yo, Sal, guys, it’s really me- Sonic! Look, I know it’s hard to believe, but it’s true! Robuttnik invented this device that switches people’s minds, and he got Snively to use it on me to switch our minds! It’s all part of Robotnik’s plan to find Knothole, with ‘ol Shrimpboat impersonating yours truely. He must’ve ran into one of the others out in the Great Forest, and followed ‘em back.” He paused. “I knew I had to get here before Snively reported back to Robuttnik, so I just hijacked one of his hovercrafts... of course, I didn’t have much trouble with security,” he added with a grin. “It was like takin’ candy from a baby.” He looked Sally dead in the eye, serious. “Come on, Sal. It’s me- your best friend, your best bud... your main squeeze.

Sally knew it had to be Sonic, for sure. Only he would ever call her that. “Sonic?” She thought to herself for a moment. “I’d better make sure, just in case...” She asked in a low tone, “Who invented the Power Rings?”

“Too easy... good ‘ol Uncle Chuck!” He added quietly, “By the way, I already talked to him before I left for Knothole. He’s the one who filled me in on all the details on Robuttnik’s plan.”

“Sonic! It really is you!” She hugged him.

“The real deal, Sal!” Sonic grinned.

Snively yelled in frustration. “Blast! And everything was going perfectly to plan! Curse, you Hedgehog!” He gulped. “Uh, I mean, don’t listen to him, Sal! Who are you going to believe me- the Hedgehog or ‘ol Slimely!” But it was too late.

“Give it up, pal!” Sonic said. “Face it- Robuttnik’s plan totally bombed... as usual!”

Snively grinned. “Not quite, rodent. It’s true you may have thwarted part of Robotnik’s scheme... but I still know where Knothole is! And once I bring that sorry excuse for a human being to this quaint little establishment of yours, it’ll be all over for you Freedom Fighters!” He glanced at Sonic’s watch. “Oh my, look at the time. I’d love to hang with you do-gooders, but I’ve gotta juice! So I’ll just be cruising now!” He sped up to dash away, when Sonic suddenly reached into the bag he brought back to Knothole with him and pulled out a SWATBot’s MegaMuck gun. He sprayed a huge pile in Snively’s path, causing him to get stuck on the spot.

“MegaMuck! NO! Blast you, you vile vermin!” Snively cried, as he tried to speed away. But he couldn’t budge. Now if he had a Power Ring, he could easily escape, but he didn’t.

Bunnie walked over to Snively and seized him in her mighty robotic grip. “Gotcha!”

Sonic turned to Sally and grinned. “And you always say I never think ahead.”

“Okay, Snootley, I know there’s gotta be a way to switch us back!” Sonic was saying to Snively, who was tied to a tree. “Now ya wanna be a pal, and start start filling me in?”

Snively struggled. “Well, if there is a way to reverse the effect of the Mind Transferrer, Robotnik certainly never informed me!” he cried.

“Oh, gimmie a break, Slimely! Like Robuttnik would have you stay in my body for the rest of your life! It’d be like having me around him all the time... and I somehow doubt he’d want that!” Sonic said, rolling his eyes.

“I’ll never talk!” Snively cried. “Never, I say!”

“That’s cool... then you can just talk to Spinner instead,” Sonic shrugged. “Yo, Tails! Bring ‘ol Spinner over here for a sec!”

Snively gulped. “Uh... who exactly is Spinner?”

“Ohhh, just Tails’ pet tarantula!” Sonic grinned, as the young kitsune brought over the jar. He unscrewed the lid and let the venomous, yet tame venomous spider crawl onto his hand, holding it directly under Snively’s (Sonic’s) nose. “Ya wanna see him, Snive-ly?” Tails asked, grinning. “Aw, what’s the matter? He just wants to play with ya. I think he wants to be friends...”

GAH! Get that thing away from me!” Snively screamed, struggling against his bonds and turning his face away from Tails’ hand. “All right, you win! I’ll talk, I swear! Just take that poisonous little beast out of here!”

“I’m waiting...” Sonic said, tapping his foot impatiently.

“The Mind Transferrer is inside your backpack. On it’s surface, next to the Transferrer button, there is a green button. Just aim the antenna towards towards you or me, push the green button, and we’ll instantly be returned to our own bodies,” Snively quickly said.

Sonic reached into his backpack, which was still on Snively (him), aimed the antenna towards Snively, and pushed the green button. Instantly, a great zapping sensation struck them both, ricocheting from Snively to Sonic...

“Way cool!” Sonic cried, now back in his own form. “I got my speed back, and I don’t got Snively’s mondo annoying voice anymore!” He paused. “Uh, somebody wanna untie me?”

Sally untied him. “I’m glad you’re back, Sonic,” she said, kissing him.

“Me too, Sal,” Sonic grinned, blushing.

Snively tried to quickly scoot away, but Bunnie reached over and grabbed him. “Ah don’t think so, sugah!” With her metal foot, she crushed the Mind Transferrer. “My, my, guess Ah don’t know my own strength,” she giggled impishly.

“NO! Blast you, Rabbot! Blast all you meddling Freedom Fighter do-gooders... especially you, Hedgehog!” he snarled. “Mark my words, rodent, you may have won the battle, but you haven’t won the war! I will have my revenge someday- for that day I lost all my hair, and for all those other times you’ve utterly humiliated me- and when that day comes, it will be I, Snively the Great, who will finally reign supreme!”

Sonic yawned. “Talk is cheap, Shrimpboat.”

“Sonic,” Sally spoke up, “we have to take Snively back to Robotropolis, but even if we blindfold him on the way out of Knothole, he’ll still probably remember where the secret entrance is!”

Sonic grinned. “Once again, Sal, you have underestimated the Hedgehog.” He reached into that bag he brought back into Knothole, and pulled out a SWATBot’s Memory Scrambler ray. “I figured this might come in handy...”

“A Memory Scrambler!” Sally exclaimed. “Good work, Sonic!”

Sonic turned to Snively with the ray. “Look familar, Snit-ley? Kinda brings back memories, don’t it?”

He aimed the gun directly towards the shaking and sweating little man. “Just close your eyes, pal... soon you won’t remember a thing,” he said in a hypnotist’s voice, just before zapping him with the ray.

Outside of Knothole, on the outskirts of the city, Sonic was saying to Snively, “Listen up, Shrimply! My, uh, favorite watch fell off in that pond of toxic ooze over there, just the other day. Ya wanna be a pal, and dive in to look for it? I’d be mondo grateful...”

“Oh, of course, Sonic! Anything for a friend!” Snively said in a stoned voice, with that stoned look on his face, his eyes all purple. (A/N- If you’ve seen the SatAM episode, “No Brainer”, you’ll know what I’m talking about.) Without hesitation, he happily skipped over to the toxic pond. “Fear not, I’ll find your watch for you in a jiffy! You can count on me, old buddy!” With that, he dove into the green, slimely waters.

“Heh, heh... what a maroon!” Sonic laughed. He took off back for Knothole.

A few seconds later, Snively’s head quickly immerged from the toxic ooze like a Jack-in-the-box, gasping and coughing. He spat out a mouthful of slime. “What the- where am I?!” he cried in horror. “How did I get here... and back in my own body?! What’s going on?!” He hurried out of the pond, and wiped the slime from his already-green uniform and face. “Well, anyway, I’d better report back to Robotnik now. I’ll bet his Ovalness must be growing rather impatient,” he added dryly. He suddenly paused. “Uh-oh... now where was Knothole located again?”

Just then, a team of SWATBots, who Robotnik had informed in advance, surrounded Snively. “HEDGEHOG ALERT, PRIORITY ONE. FREEZE, HEDEHOG. YOU ARE NOW PRISONER OF ROBOTNIK.” They handcuffed Snively.

“What are you doing?” Snively cried, as he was led away. “No, you fools, you don’t understand! This is all a big mistake! I’m not the Hedgehog! It’s me, Commander Snively! I order you to release me at once, or I’ll scrap the whole bloody lot of you before this day is through! Do you hear?”

“But, sir, I swear,” cried Snively from the roboticizer tube, “I’m not really the Hedgehog! It’s me, Snively, your own nephew and lackey! There’s been a terrible mistake! Don’t you believe me?”

Robotnik smirked. “Nice try, Hedehog, but I’m not quite the fool you take me for... though I’ll admit your acting is rather believable.” He frowned. “Where is that nephew of mine, anyway, I wonder? I wonder why he didn’t personally bring you before me? Well, I’m sure he’s still in Knothole... assuming the little twit has found it by now.” He smiled wickedly. “A pity you won’t be able to see your own friends’ capture, Hedehog. Well, no matter- you’ll all be reunited once I roboticize the rest of them... as my slaves!” He frowned again. “Though it kills me to roboticize you in Snively’s body, seeing as how I’ll always have him around in your body now... and that is something I would not be able to tolerate for long at all!” He shrugged. “Oh, well- after I destroy Knothole, I’ll simply roboticize him along with all the Freedom Fighters, so I won’t have to deal with that. The incompetent little twit’s had it coming for a long time now, anyway.” He turned to his whimpering, begging, pleading, sobbing nephew. “Any last words, rodent?”

“S-s-sirrrr,” Snively wept, pleading on his knees now. “Please, listen to me! I beg of you...”

“Too late, Hedehog!” Robotnik grinned, as he slowly reached over to push the ‘Roboticize’ button on the console. “Good bye, Sonic the Hedehog...”

Sir,no,please,don’tdothis,no,Ibegyou- SIRRRR-” were poor Snively’s final words...

THE END!

I am SO sorry for ending it that way! It’s so sad! Poor Snivvy! Sobs eyes out

This has been a- sob!- Shychick Production!