Disclaimer- I don’t own anything related to ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’, except for the SatAM DVD. So there!

It was midnight. Snively’s shift had just ended. He had been staying up all evening to guard surveillance, and despite all the coffee he had been drinking in order to keep awake, he still felt bone-tired. The only thing he wanted right now was sleep.

He took the elevator up to the floor which his bedroom was located on, walked down the hall to his bedroom, pushed the button on the side-pannel that would allow him access to his room, and went inside. He quickly got into his pyjamas, hung his uniform up in his closest and placed his boots directly underneath, and got into bed. He fluffed his pillow, yawned with a stretch, and comfortably layed down to go to sleep. He was very tired indeed.

Suddenly, Snively’s eyes bolted open. Oddly enough, he felt as though he had forgotten something. And he couldn’t go to sleep until he figured out exactly what he was missing. “Let’s see now,” he mused, sitting up in bed. “Nightlight on... check. Glass of water... check. Nightcap... check. Shnookums...” He glanced over in his bed beside him, where his beloved Teddy bear always sat. And... much to his shock and horror... DUN DUN DUNNN!! The spot on his bed which was always reserved specially for Shnookums was empty.

Snively stared in disbelief at the empty space on his bed for a few seconds, blinking. “Sh- Shnooknums?” he whimpered, eyes watering. His eyes than suddenly widened, nearly bulging from his head as it hit him that his Teddy bear was gone. ARRGGGGHH!! SHNOOKUMS!!” He checked under his covers... on the floor, below each side of his bed... under his bed... behind his bed... under his pillow... “No... no... no... no... no...” He shook his head in disbelief. “This cannot be happening. This is not happening! Wherever could my Shnookums be?!” he cried. “I always leave him in the very same spot on my bed, sitting against my pillow! Today was no different... I couldn’t have misplaced him!” He paused. “But... than where could he be? Well, he just couldn’t have got up and walked away!” he declared firmly. “Not like in that animated film, Toy Story!” He shook his head. “This is very strange indeed. I distinctly recall setting him in his usual spot on the bed this morning, like I do every morning! Well, one thing’s for certain- I won’t rest until my precious Shnookums is found!” he vowed, dramatically punching a fist into the air.

Fifteen minutes later, Snively had turned his entire bedroom upside down in his mad bear hunt. Every drawer had been completely ramsacked, their contents strewn all over the place. His closest had also been completely emptied out. There were piles of clothes and stuff thrown about everywhere on the floor. Snively’s head emerged from a pile of socks and underwear, wearing a pair of briefs on his head. “NOOO!!” he screamed. “SHNOOKUMS! I’ve searched every square inch of this room, and my beloved bear is still missing!” He burried his face into his hands and started to sob loudly. “WHERE’S MY TEDDY?!” he wailed. “I CAN’T SLEEP WITHOUT MY SHNOOKUMS! I WANT MY TEDDY!!” After a few minutes of crying like a five-year-old, he paused to think. “Hmm...” he pondered to himself, suddenly wearing a Sherlock Holmes cap and smoking a pipe. “I say, what we have here is clearly a most bewildering dilemma...” He puffed on his pipe thoughtfully. “And although there is no sound evidence or proof, one can still safely deduce that the sudden disappearance of my beloved teddy is clearly the result of theft. It’s elementry, my dear reader.” He puffed away on his pipe for a few seconds more. “And now, there is no time to lose!” he cried, pointing a finger in the air. “I must track down the thieving culprit and get back my beloved Shnookums before the night is over!” He quickly whistled for his faithful robotic hound, “Watson”, who hurried into the room. “Ah, here’s the old boy now,” Snively said proudly. “I programmed him myself with the keen eyesight of a hawk and the sharp sense of smell of a grizzly-bear. Yes indeed, he’ll track down the scoundrel in no time at all!” He hooked a leash onto Watson’s collar. “Now than, make haste, my pet! We haven’t a moment to spare!” He pointed with his finger. “Off we go!” And off Watson ran, with Snively in tow. “Tally-ho!” he cried as he was dragged along behind, holding tightly onto the leash, as his detective’s cap nearly flew off his head. “Haw-haw, haw-haw!”

Dr. Robotnik was asleep down in his own quarters, dreaming peacefully of capturing and roboticizing a certain blue hedgehog, when all of a sudden his blissful state of unconsciousness was rudely interrupted by his crazed nephew charging in like a bull, followed by his barking mechanical bloodhound. “AHA!” Snively screamed, pointing an accusing finger at his uncle. “I’VE CAUGHT YOU NOW, YOU DESPICABLE FIEND, YOU VILE USURPER, YOU VILIANOUS SNAKE!” he yelled. “I DEMAND YOU RETURN WHAT IS RIGHTFULLY MINE THIS INSTANT! WHERE ARE YOU HIDING HIM, YOU BLOATED BEAR-NAPPER?”

Snively, what in the name of Mobius are you talking about?” Robotnik yelled, grabbing Snively by the neck. “It’s 12:30 in the morning, and you come bursting in here playing your ridiculous little games, waking me up! What is the matter with you? Have you lost your puny mind?!” He growled, nostrils flaring angrily. “You had better give me a very good explanation for your nonsense, dear nephew. You have exactly three seconds...”

Snively gulped nervously, all his courage fleeting from him. “Um, er, sir,” he began nervously, sweating like crazy and tugging at the collar of his pyjama-top, “I was, um, just wondering... you haven’t, by any chance, seen my Teddy bear, have you?” he innocently squeaked out, followed by a nervous little laugh.

Robotnik roared angrily, tightening his grip on his little lackey’s throat. And the next thing Snively knew, he was strapped down to his own bed, bound and gagged. “There! That ought to put a stop to your foolish hyjinks!” he said before storming out of the room.

“Bah! A minor setback,” Snively shrugged, after Watson had used his sharp canine teeth to untie him. “Well, no matter. Even the greatest of detectives have been known to make errors from time to time.” He lept to his feet. “It’s all so clear to me now as to who the real thief is!” he said, narrowing his eyes. “And I can’t believe I didn’t think of this sooner- that miserable Hedgehog!” He grabbed onto Watson’s leash. “Onward, my pet! Time is of the essence! Let’s just hope that blue pincushion is in the city tonight.” And off they went, with Watson once again towing Snively behind. “Ah! The thrill of the hunt!” he cried as he waved his cap in the air. “Tally-hoooo! Don’t worry, Shnookums, Daddy’s coming to save you!”

Meanwhile, Sonic and Sally were just about to destroy one of the SWATBot factories. Sonic had just finished planting sticks of dynamite all around the entire interior of the factory.

He zoomed out of the factory and joined Sally’s side. “Oh, man, Sal’, are we gonna be in for some mondo-wicked fireworks!” Sonic grinned. “I just wish I could see the look on ‘ol ‘Buttnik’s face when that factory gets blown sky-high!” He checked his watch. “All right,” he grinned. “Only ten more seconds ‘till showtime!”

They counted down the remaining time together. “Ten... nine... eight... seven... six... five... four... three... two... one!” Right on cue, SWATBot factory #9 blew to smithereens with a deafening blast.

“All right, Sal’! Past cool!” Sonic cheered, slapping Sally a high-five. “Smokin’!” He smugly folded his arms together. “Yeah! I’m the hedgehog!” he said with a grin.

“Oh really, Sonic Hedgehog? And just what am I, chopped liver?” Sally teased lightly.

Sonic grinned. “Oh, come on, Sal’. I know you deserve all the credit. You’re the gal who makes it all happen!”

Sally smiled. “Well, your the hedgehog who makes it all happen,” she said, giving Sonic a kiss on the cheek.

Sonic blushed. “Come on, Sally. Let’s jam back to Knothole and tell the others about our latest triumph. Wait’ll Tails hears all about how we dusted Robuttnik’s factory!” He grinned. “Ant’s gonna be mondo jealous when he hears!”

“Oh, Sonic. Stop trying to make Antoine jealous all the time,” Sally said, rolling her eyes.

Sonic put on his best innocent look. “Hey, there’s nothing wrong with the Hedgehog wallowing in his own success. Naturally, I just happen to be proud of all my super accomplishments. ‘Twan’s just way too sensitive, that’s his problem!”

Sally smiled and rolled her eyes. “Riiiight,” she said.

Sonic took hold of her hand. “Well, what are we waiting for, Sal’? It’s time to juice and jam!”

“Guess again, rodent,” a nasel, British-accented voice sneered from behind them. Sonic and Sally turned around, only to see Snively standing there with Watson. He was still wearing that Sherlock Holmes hat and coat. “You aren’t going anywhere until I get back what rightfully belongs to me!”

Sonic laughed at Snively’s detective get-up. “Hey, who are you supposed to be? Sherlock Snidely?”

Snively glared daggers at Sonic. “That’s Snively, you moronic mammel! Sherlock Snively the Great to you, rodent! And I’ve come for something of mine that you have!” He folded his arms impatiently. “Oh yes, you know exactly what I’m talking about, Hedgehog. Don’t even waste your breath and my time by denying it. Now I’ll thank you to kindly return my teddy!”

Sonic and Sally looked at each and just burst out laughing. “You sleep with a teddy bear, Slimely?!” Sonic cried between fits of laughter. “Oh man, that’s just too funny! Wait’ll the guys hear about this!”

“You don’t fool me for a moment, Hedeghog!” Snively snapped, annoyed. “I’m not the idiot you take me for, you fool! I know it was you! Who else would have the very gall to break into my room and steal my beloved Shnookums?” He shoved his magnifying glass up to Sonic’s face and glared suspiciously into his eyes. “Do you deny it any further, you usurper, you blue devil, you no-account lying fiend?! Well? Confess!” he yelled.

Sally giggled. “Schnookums?” she laughed. “Oh, brother!”

Sonic snickered. “I think you need a vacation, Snively. Your brain’s been working overtime!” He shook his head. “I mean, come on- what would I want with your pwecious teddy-weddy, anyway?”

“It’s elementry, my dear Hedgehog,” Snively said with a smirk. “I know how much you love to make my life miserable! You just did it for your own amusement! Well, the jig is up!” He smiled smugly and folded his arms. “Yes, you thought you had pulled a good one over on me this time, didn’t you, rodent? But it looks like I finally caught up with you, doesn’t it?” He proudly twirled his magnifying glass between his fingers. “Well, there’s another case solved by the great Sherlock Snively. It just goes to show that when you dare to challenge me to a battle of wits, you had better be armed.”

“Oh yeah, Sherlock Shrimpboat?” Sonic snickered. “Well, it just goes to show that you seriously need to get a life! ‘Cause the only thing you’ve proven here is your own stupidity!”

Snively growled angrily. “All right, boy, sic him!” he ordered Watson, who snarled and obidiently charged towards Sonic, barking and growling.

Sonic reached into his backpack and pulled out a Power Ring. “Look, boy, see the shiny ring?” he said, playfully gesturing towards Watson with it, in the hopes of distracting him. Watson barked playfully and wagged his tail, leaping up for the ring.

“No, no, Watson! Don’t listen to the Hedgehog! He’s the thief who stole my teddy bear!” Snively shouted. “It’s a diversion, you stupid canine! Don’t fall for his trickery! I command you to avert your eyes this instant!”

Sonic threw the Power Ring over in the distance. “All right, mutt, go fetch the golden frisbee!” Watson raced after it and jumped up to catch it. Once he caught it, he settled down to knaw on it.

Snively glared at his so-called loyal hound. “Hmph! Man’s best friend indeed,” he muttered. But than, much to his shock, Watson started to sizzle and spark after chewing on the Power Ring. In a golden flash of light, the robotic dog exploded, sending scraps and pieces flying all over the ground. Much to his great shock and horror, he saw little pieces of teddy-bear fluff and pieces strewn all over the place as well. “I don’t believe it!” he cried. “Watson chewed up and swallowed Shnookums! He was the real culprit all along!” He fell to his knees and sobbed. “Noooo!! Shnookums!” he screamed at the loss of his poor bear. “I want my teddy!!”

Sonic grinned. “Looks like ya failed to fit all the pieces together after all, Sherlock Stupidicus!” he snickered. Laughing, he grabbed onto Sally’s hand. “Come on, Sal’! Let’s jam back home. Snively needs some time alone!” But right before they zoomed away, he added, “I can’t wait to tell the others about how ‘ol “Slimely the Pathetic” kept a teddy bear! Man, I thought the guy couldn’t get any more pathetic!”

Snively paused, looking up from his tears as he realized that Sonic was going to ruin his reputation. “Nooo! I’m ruined!” he wailed. “BLAST YOU, HEDGEHOG!!” he screamed after him, before going back to sobbing his eyes out.

Just than, a huge shadow was cast down upon the little man. Snively glanced up and saw, much to his shock and fright, Robotnik glaring down upon him. “You let that misserable little rodent destroy one of my factories, didn’t you?!” he roared, grabbing him by the collar of his detective’s coat. “Well?! What do you have to say for yourself, nephew?”

Snively gulped. “Um, w-well, sir, I would just like to take this opportunity to announce my retirement from my brief career as a detective,” he said, sweating nervously. “I’m turning in my magnifying glass, sir.”

“Very wise decision, Snively,” Robotnik growled, dropping him roughly to the ground. “However, there is still the matter of the SWATBot factory being destroyed, isn’t there?”

Snively gulped. “W-what do you mean, sir?”

“Well, I’m afraid such failure cannot go overlooked, dear boy,” Robotnik said in a dangerously-low tone as he advanced on his little nephew.

Snively gulped, terrified. Upon noticing the head of his late teddy bear, Shnookums, he grabbed it and snapped, “This is all your fault!”

THE END!

HEE-HEE! Wasn’t that a bundle of coolness?! Glances at time on computer YIKES! It’s 1:30 in the morning! I gotta get to bed! Goodnight, peoples! And don’t forget to review! When I check tomorrow morning, I better see at least one nice review! Look of Doom

This has been a Shychick Production!