Disclaimer- I don’t own the rights to Sonic SatAM, Dic does... FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME!

A/N- I was inspired for this fic from this MAJOR heat wave that’s struck my city.

Well, enjoy!

Hot... so very, very hot,” Snively moaned, his head slumped down on the console. “How can the Big Round Guy expect me to concentrate on guarding surveillance in this unbearable heat? Every molecule in my body must be boiling!” It was particularly hot down in the Control Room because the air conditioners happened to be broken. “How uncanny that the blasted air conditioners chose the hottest day of the year to go on the blink!” Snively snorted. Perspiration was dripping down his face and back, but for once it was not from plain fear of Robotnik. “It’s a good thing I’m wearing my Extra-Strength deodorant,” he remarked, dabbing at his face with a damp handkerchief. He walked over to the water cooler to get a refill. During the last few hours, he had drank a great abundance of water, though the water in Robotropois was rather disgusting, but he was used to it. Besides, beggars couldn’t be choosers. But even drinking lots of water didn’t even seem to help, as he only seemed to sweat it all out again after drinking some. Snively approached the water cooler with his cup, but to his utter shock and dismay, the water was boiling by this point! He shook his head in disbelief and glanced over at the thermomete, which now read 80 degrees. “I can’t believe it!” he exclaimed. “It would appear that the temperature has greatly increased during the past... ten minutes! Oh, this is certainly the worst heat wave Robotropolis has ever endured in history! I’ve never heard of the likes of anything such as this!” Well, if he couldn’t have any water now, than ice was certainly the next best thing. He walked over to the ice machine, placed his cup underneath the receiving end, and turned it on. But instead of ice, the machine poured out straight water! It wasn’t even cold water, it was hot!

“What on Mobius?!” cried Snively. “Oh yes, I have a feeling that this heat wave will indeed go down in history! It’s certainly one to remember, that’s for sure!” He sighed in frustration. “Perfect!” he said sarcastically. “No air conditioning, no water, and no ice! Oh, why do these things always have to happen to me?” he moaned. He took out his pocket fan and tried to cool himself off with it, but considering just how unbelievably hot it was, it did little good at all. And since it was made of plastic, it melted right in his hands in a matter of seconds. “GAH! I don’t believe this!” he shrieked in outrage. He growled bitterly as he thought of where Robotnik was at the moment- down in his private swimming-pool, which was only allowed access by him. “Oh, I’m sure the Big Round Guy isn’t sweating like a pig right now!” he sneered. “Keeping himself cool and refreshed down in that enormous pool of his, perfectly comfortable and relaxed, while I have to suffer like this! It’s not fair! I should have the right to use that bloody pool just as much as him, even more since I work myself to the bone for that selfish cretin day/night, while he just sits there on his overgrown backside! I’m the one who truely deserves to be enjoying a nice leisurely dip in that chlorine-filled water, while he should be down here nearly suffering from heat-stroke!” He scowled bitterly. “I just hope that selfish whale sinks to the bottom of his precious pool, for all I care. Yes... wouldn’t that be ironic?” He snickered at the very thought.

Suddenly, the COM-Link clicked on. “Snively, are those air conditioners repaired yet?” demanded the impatient voice of his uncle.

Snively jumped, startled. “Um... n-no, sir, n-not yet, I’m afraid...” he said nervously.

“Well, why not?” snapped Robotnik through the speaker. “Just what have you been doing this whole time?”

“I’ve been monitoring the surveillance like you earlier requested of me, your Ovalness,” Snively replied in his most respectful voice. “With all due respect, sir, I can’t very well do two things at once...”

“I DON’T CARE, YOU LAZY LITTLE WRETCH! NO MORE EXCUSES! FIX THE BLASTED AIR CONDITIONERS NOW!” The COM-Link clicked off.

Snively rolled his eyes, a look of annoyance painted on his face. “Fix the blasted air condtioners,” he bitterly mimicked his uncle, “NOW!” (A/N: Remember in the episode, “Cry of the Wolf”, when he sort of mimicked Robotnik like this?) He took his toolbox and a ladder and climbed up to the ceiling, where the air condtioners were installed. “I don’t see what Lord of Lard has to bellyache about,” he commented to himself. “At least he’s got that stupid swimming pool... and what do I have? Nothing, that’s what!” He grabbed a wrench and proceded to work and toil up in the dirty, dusty vents in the horrendous heat, coughing his lungs out because of all the filth that surrounded him. “I really must clean these vents out sometime,” he wheezed, his voice coming out in a choked squeak. “But not today!”

When he finally emerged from the vents, three hours later, he was not only hotter than ever, but he was completely covered in dust and soot. He walked over to the console and activated the COM-Link. “Sorry to disturb you, sir,” he said into the speaker, “but I just wanted to inform you that I’ve repaired the air conditioners.”

“Well, it’s about time, Snively!” Robotnik snapped.

Snively turned away from the speaker. “And just how do you think I’ve felt all this time, you miserable cretin?” he muttered under his breath.

“What are you mumbling about this time, nephew?” Robotnik asked impatiently. “Do speak up!”

Snively gulped. Those robotic sensors his uncle had could pick up almost anything! “Er, I said... I simply said that this heat really has me beaten, sir!” he quickly said. “It’s certainly a good thing the air conditioners are finally fixed, isn’t it?” He gave a nervous little laugh.

“Yes, it is, Snively,” Robotnik replied calmly. “Because if they were not fixed by now, than you would get beaten by far more than just the heat... if you get my meaning.”

Snively chuckled nervously. “Y-yes, s-sir,” he gulped.

Robotnik was sitting in his throne, while Snively was standing next to him, fanning him with a palm-tree leaf. “Does this meet your satisfaction, your Eminence?” he asked. Someday you’ll be the one fanning me on these wretchedly-hot days, you bloated sack of feces, he thought to himself. Ohhh, someday...

“Ahhh... yes, Snively, that feels just right,” Robotnik murmered, both arms resting comfortably on the arm-rests of his chair. He was so relaxed that he fell asleep a few minutes later, much to Snively’s relief. “Oh, how I would love to go swimming in his private pool right now,” Snively sighed wistfully, tossing the leaf aside. “But that would be far too great a risk to take! If he were to wake up and discover me down in there, I would be such hot water... so to speak. No, I believe I’d rather suffer through this wretched heat than suffer Robotnik’s wrath!” He went and sat down in his chair, over at the computer. He felt very tired. The heat had really drained away all his energy.

Suddenly, Snively got an idea. It was a rather unusual idea, but he was so desperate that he was willing to try anything! He quickly left the Control Room, hurried up to his bedroom and grabbed his tent from his closet (he used it when he sometimes had to camp outdoors for the night, so as to be alert of any evening/late-night Freedom Fighter intrusions), and hurried on down with it to the Break Room. He opened the refrigerator/freezer door, hooked up his tent to the interior of it, stripped down to his briefs, and crawled inside where it was nice and cool. (A/N: Remember Homer and Bart did that in an epiode of The Simpsons?) “Ahhhh...” he murmered, rubbing a case of frozen peas against his body, “so cool... so very, very cool... “way past cool”, as that annoying hedgehog would say, only literally!” He burried himself in an assortment of various frozen-food products, grabbed a can of soda to drink, and settled back with a content sigh. Upon noticing the bucket of chocolate ice-cream sitting next to him, he said, “Hello, what’s this? Ah, yes, I believe some delicious ice-cream would really hit the spot right now.” He quickly ran and got a spoon, hurried back inside his little hide-out, and started to eat the ice-cream directly from the bucket.

Snively was so busy enjoying himself that he forgot that leaving the fridge/freezer door open for so long would overload the motor. The next thing he heard was a sizzle-zap! as the power died out, plunging the cool environment into darkness. Snively crawled out from the tent, very annoyed, as smoke drifted up from the broken fridge/freezer. “Great... now the motor is shot!” he snapped. He sighed to himself and shook his head. “I just can’t win!”

Later in the day, Snively was pacing up and down the corridors, right outside of Robotnik’s private Swimming-Pool Room. He stood on tip-toe and peeked into the window on the door. Oh, how he longed to strip off all his clothes and dive right in! That water looked so inviting!

But than, much to his shock, he noticed somebody swimming around in the pool! “What the... who’s that? An intruder!” he gasped. But upon a closer look, he realized just who the furry intruder was. “Wait a minute... that’s not just any intruder... it’s the Hedgehog! What on Mobius is he doing in there?” A grin slowly crept onto his face as he got an idea. “It would just drive Robotnik utterly mad if he knew that blue pincushion had sneaked into his private pool, more than anybody else using it!” he said gleefully. “Oh yes, that would indeed fry him, worse than this heat! But... if I stop the Hedgehog and capture him for the Big Round Guy, than maybe, just maybe he would consider allowing me pool privileges as a reward!” He frowned. “But how do I go about capturing that miserable rodent? Hmmm... well, he’s so busy enjoying himself that he’s completely off his guard! This is perfect! The first step to any successful capture is always the element of surprise, when they least expect it!” He chuckled evilly. “Don’t get too comfortable, Hedgehog,” he grinned. “You’re mine!” He burst into the Pool Room and yelled, “Hold it right there, rodent!”

“Well, well, if it ain’t ‘ol Snidely!” Sonic said mockingly. “Man, talk about your party crashers! Can’t a hedgehog get a chance to kick back and relax on a hot day like this?” He shrugged and grinned. “Not that the heat is any match for this hedgehog! Who needs a pool when you’re already way past cool?”

“That’s Snively, you impudent ignoramus!” Snively snapped. “Snively the Great to you! And may I ask just what you think you are doing in here, Hedgehog?”

Sonic just grinned and casually glanced at his nails. “Okay, Needlenose, shoot.”

Snively scowled. “Look here, you miserable creature, I, for one, am far too hot and tired to put up with your annoying antics today! Which is why I’m only going to ask you once to kindly leave before I call security.” He placed his hands on his hips. “Well, which is it? The easy way or the hard way?”

“Awww, is poor Snive-ly feeling all burned out?” Sonic asked sarcastically. He folded his arms. “Hey,” he said with a grin, “if you can’t stand the heat, get outta my way! ‘Cause I’m so hot, I’m smokin’!” With that, he revved up and zoomed off across the water, right towards where Snively was standing, aiming to knock him backwards into the wall.

Snively grinned. He had a little trick up his sleeve, as he knew all along that Sonic would try to pull a stunt like this. “Hard way, Hedgehog?” he smirked. “Very well than, that can be arranged!” So saying, he quickly whipped out a hand-held device from his pocket and pushed down on the red button. Immediately, the entire swimming pool was surrounded on all sides by an electric fence!

Snively took a step forward. “So typical of you to underestimate my superior intellect like so many others, Hedgehog,” he sighed mockingly with a smirk. “I must admit, you do make it far too easy for me. I’m afraid you are rather predictable, you know...” He nodded towards the electric fence, which sizzled and sparked when Sonic came too close. “I wouldn’t touch that fence if I were you, Hedgehog, unless you want 1000 volts of electricity surging all throughout your body!” he said. “It’s really quite a shame you don’t have any of your precious Power Rings with you at the moment, now isn’t it?” he sneered, practically spitting out the words, “Power Rings”.

Sonic just shrugged. “Well, what can I say, Snively? I guess you finally got me! Congratulations, pal. Looks like the better guy won.”

Snively raised an eyebrow. Surely the Hedgehog knew he was trapped for good this time, but than why was he acting so blasted calm about it? It was almost as if he were up to something... but what? “Hmm...” he said skeptically. “I must say, I am most impressed with how willingly you choose to concede defeat, Hedgehog,” he said. “Well, I must go inform Dr. Robotnik of my successful capture now. I shall return, rodent... with your sealed fate!” With that, Snively turned to leave the Pool Room, when he suddenly heard Sonic yell, “Now, Tails!” He glanced up in horror, only to see the young kitsune fly down from up above near the ceiling, like some organic helicopter. “What in blazes- where did you come from?” Snively cried. But than he saw that the fox had in his hands a Power Ring, much to his dismay. “No! Not a blasted Power Ring!” he cried.

“Sonic!” Tails called, hovering above the pool in mid-air, “Catch!” He quickly tossed him down the golden ring, and Sonic reached up and caught it in his hand. “Thanks, little buddy!” he called back to Tails, giving him the thumbs-up. As he held up the glowing ring in his hand, he absorbed it’s magnificent energy, feeling it surging all throughout him. “Yeah! Juice time!” he cried as he zoomed across the water like lightening, causing massive waves on both sides of him, and shot right up along the side of the fence, landing safely on the other side. He stood on the deck of the pool, right across from Snively, who looked postively terrified now. “NO! It c-can’t be! I w-was so blasted CLOSE!” he cried, outraged. “SECURITY!” The word was barely out of his mouth when Sonic curled up into a ball and Spin-dashed into him, sending him flying backwards into the pool, only to immediately get zapped by the electric fence. “YI-E-I-E-I-E-I-E!!” he cried out painfully as he felt 1000 volts of electricity rip all throughout his body.

Sonic just grinned smugly. “Ya wanna beat the heat, ya gotta stay on your feet!” he said with a satisfied grin. He grabbed Tails by the hand. “Come on, little bro, let’s blow this joint before any SWATButts show up!” They dashed off out of the Pool Room, leaving Snively to fry.

Finally, after about ten minutes, the fence ran out of electric juice, thick smoke pouring up from it. Snively, now completely burnt to a black crisp, gave a final cough before going totally unconscious and falling face-down into the water, sinking down to the bottom. Not only could he not swim, but he also happened to be in the deep end of the pool.

Just than, a metal hand reached down into the water, grabbed him, and yanked him up to the surface. The crispy Snively slowly regained consciousness, coughing and sputtering. He slowly opened his eyes, his vision gradually starting to return to him, only to see who had saved him... DR. ROBOTNIK!

Snively gasped. “Oh, Dr. Robotnik, sir!” he cried. “I was just- you see, I- the Hedgehog and the Fox-brat- they- they were- and I almost- I came this close to- but than they-” he stuttered, his words coming out in unfinished sentences as he tried to explain what happened.

Robotnik tightened his grip on the collar of Snively’s green shirt. “I don’t want to hear your pathetic excuses, Snively! I caught you in my private pool red-handed! Don’t try to get out of it! Did I NOT specifically tell you that this pool is strictly off limits to you? How dare you try to lie to me about your actions, using the Hedgehog as an excuse! The very nerve!”

“But, sir, I swear, the Hedgehog really was here!” Snively cried. “I caught him swimming in here red-handed, and I merely tried to stop him! And I was so close to capturing him this time too! It was all going according to plan until that two-tailed fox-brat showed up!” He looked into his uncle’s accusing eyes. “Sir, I’m telling you the truth! It was that blue rodent who sneaked in here, not me! Oh, ple-e-e-ease believe me, sir! You must believe me!”

But Robotnik would not listen to reason. “So!” he growled. “Even now, you still choose to attempt to lie your way out of it, when I clearly caught you in here red-handed, hmmm? Well, dear nephew, I know just what to do with you...”

Snively gulped as all 500 pounds of his uncle advanced on him...

Robotnik happily floated in his pool on one of those large pool rafts, comfortably sipping a coconut drink. From inside the Sauna, he could hear the agonizing cries of his poor nephew, who was now hotter than ever. “Sir!” he cried, banging on the locked door of the Sauna, “please, sir, I beg of you, let me out! Oh, please let me out! It’s over 100 degrees in here by now! Oh, please, I beg you, have mercy! I feel so dreadfully faint from the heat! I’m going to pass out any second! Sir, please, at least turn down the heat-” There came a light thump from inside the Sauna, followed by complete silence.

Robotnik chuckled. “Well, nephew,” he said, taking a long sip of his drink, “if you can’t bear the heat... than stay out of the Sauna!” He roared with maniacal laughter.

THE END

Poor Snivvy! It’s so sad! (Sobs into hands) Please be nice and review! Thanx!

This has been a Shychick Production!