Disclaimer- I don’t own any of the characters, I’m just using them without permission. AND JUST WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO ABOUT IT?

“Your new invention is ready, sir,” Snively said, as he entered Robotnik’s main lab with a small hand-held device in his hands.

“Excellent, Snively!” Dr. Robotnik cried happily. He grabbed up the device and laughed maniacally. “Mark my words, Snively; this little device is going to be what finally rids us of that insufferable hedgehog, once-and- for-all!” He stroked the device in his hands.

“Yes, sir,” Snively replied his usual obedient monotone.

“Tell me, were there any problems with it that I should be aware of?” Robotnik asked. “I certainly hope there weren’t, for the sake of your personal health, dear nephew,” he added in a menacing tone.

Snively gulped. “Uh, no, sir,” he said. “I found absolutely no bugs or glitches in it while I was testing it. It appeared to work just as you programmed it to when I tested it out on one of our prisoners.”

“Very good, Snively,” Robotnik said, nodding in approval. He smiled wickedly. “Yes,” he said, holding the device up like a trophy, “the time for that miserable little rodent’s demise is close at hand! I can feel it in my metallic heart…”

“Er, s-sir?” Snively nervously spoke up. “F-forgive me for saying so, my lord, b-but are you really sure that a Shrinking Ray is the best solution for disposing of the Hedgehog?”

Robotnik just stared eerily at his little lackey, daring him to continue.

“Er, because by shrinking the Hedgehog down to size, sir, don’t you think that it would only give him the advantage?” Snively cautiously went on. “After all, he would be all the more difficult to catch if he were microscopic, not to mention still having his speed… you can see my point, right, sir?”

Robotnik simply stared at Snively, his fingers impatiently drumming on the arm-rest of his chair. Than all of a sudden and without warning, he reached down and grabbed up the little man, causing a startled shriek to emit from his lips. “You aren’t, by any chance, insinuating that I don’t know what I’m doing, are you?” he said in a calm, yet eerie voice. “Tell me, Snively, do you take me for an idiot?”

“Oh, never, sir!” cried Snively, eyes-wide in fake innocence. “Parish the thought! I-I- was merely trying to offer you some constructive criticism, sir!”

“I do not need any of your innate opinions, Snively,” Robotnik growled. “I would advise you, if you know what’s good for you, to keep them to yourself. Is that clear?” The grip around his neck tightened.

“C-completely, sir!” gasped Snively.

“Good,” Robotnik said, dropping him roughly to the floor. “Now, as I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted, the next time that blue pincushion comes into Robotropolis, he will be in for a most unexpected surprise. Oh, I can hardly wait until I literally squash that hedgehog under my foot like the vermin he is!” Robotnik roared with maniacal laughter that echoed off from all sides of the walls in the room.

Snively turned away. ‘When will the Big Round Guy learn the error of his pig-headed ways?’ he thought to himself bitterly. ‘Someday, when the Hedgehog finally defeats him once-and-for-all, he will realize that he should have listened to me all those times!’

“HEDGEHOG ALERT, PRIORITY ONE!” the computer suddenly blared. The image of a certain blue blur dashing by in the city filled the monitors.

“Perfect!” Robotnik cried. “And he’s alone, for once, too! That makes things especially easy for me! How convenient…” He turned to his nephew. “Snively, deactivate all exterior and interior traps and recall all the SWATbots. Let the little fool believe that this is his lucky day…”

“Sir, we can’t afford to underestimate the Hedgehog,” Snively spoke up. “Won’t he automatically suspect that it’s a trap?”

“Snively, do you not recall our recent little conversation on underestimating ME?” Robotnik growled, his eyes glowing blood-red.

Snively gulped. “I didn’t say a word, sir.”

Robotnik turned his attention back to the screen. “Yes, Hedgehog, that’s right… keep on coming.” He chuckled evilly. “I’ll be waiting…”

Meanwhile, Sonic had managed to sneak inside of the Death Egg. “This is mondo weird,” he was saying. “Not a butt-bot in sight!” He shrugged. “Must be my lucky break.” He grinned. “And Sal was all worried about me heading on out to Robo-Country alone! Wait’ll I tell her a thing or two!” He revved up and sped on down to his destination- the Cell Room, where all the prisoners were being kept. He expected to run into at least a couple of SWATs down there- but much to his surprise, the place was totally unguarded. “Too cool! This is definitely my lucky day!” he grinned. “Talk about Easy Street! Now can’t other missions be this simple?” He turned to the cells. “Hey, that’s weird… no prisoners!” He scratched his head in confusion. “But Robuttnik always has at least one prisoner in these cells…” Suddenly he narrowed his eyes. “Hey, wait a Sonic second here! No butt-bots around to guard the place, no prisoners in the cells… this ain’t like ‘ol ‘Buttnik! This must be… a trap!”

“My, my, I just can’t pull the wool over your eyes, can I, Hedgehog?” said Robotnik, as he suddenly appeared from behind Sonic, accompanied by Snively. He turned to his tiny minion. “Now, Snively!”

Snively took the Shrinking Device out of his pocket and tried to zap Sonic with it. Sonic dashed out of the way right in the nick of time. “Whoa! What’d you pull outta your bag of tricks today, Robuttnik?” he cried, as he avoided the zapping of the ray.

“If you’d just stand still for a blasted second, I’ll show you!” Robotnik yelled impatiently.

Sonic snickered. “As if, Chubbs! Either you must think I’m really stupid or you must be mondo desperate!” Suddenly he leaped into the air, curled into a ball, and shot down towards Snively and Robotnik, Spin-Dashing them. The Shrink Device was knocked right out of Snively’s hands.

“Stee-rike!” Sonic cried. “Now that’s what I call a Perfect Game!” He grabbed up the device. “Oooo, what does THIS button do?” he asked with a grin. “Only one way to find out, I guess!” His thumb went for the red button, as he aimed it towards Robotnik and Snively.

“NOOO!!” cried Robotnik as he quickly leapt out of the way. Right when he did, the ray hit Snively, who was caught completely off guard. Before he knew what was happening to him, he suddenly began to shrink in size! “S- sir!” he cried, horrified. “I’m shrinking! Quick, reverse the effect, sir!”

Sonic just laughed. “A Shrinking Ray, Robuttnik?! Man, you ARE getting desperate! How did you expect to get a hold of me when I’m the size of a bug, AND still have my speed? I think you musta tested it out on your brain first or somethin’!”

“You miserable hedgehog!” the microscopic-sized Snively screamed. “You’ll pay for this!” He suddenly clapped a hand over his mouth in shock. “M-my voice! Hey, what happened to my voice! I sound like one of the Chipmunks!” (A/N: Just imagine how his nasal, snobby, British-accented voice would sound now! Seriously, just try to picture that for a second! I have! HAHAHA!)

Sonic just roared with laughter at Snively’s shrunken condition. “Whoops! Sorry ‘bout that, Needlenose! Man, I didn’t think you could ever get any shorter! Guess I was wrong!” Laughing, he sped off, taking the Shrink Ray with him. “Juice and jam time!” he yelled.

“NOOO!” Robotnik yelled. “He still has the Shrink Ray!”

“Sir, do something!” cried Snively in his high-pitched squeaky voice. “How do we reverse the effects of the Ray? I can’t remain like this forever! What am I going to do, sir?! What am I going to do?!”

“Well, we can’t reverse the effects now,” Robotnik snapped. “The green button I installed on the Shrink Ray would turn you back to your normal height, and the Hedgehog’s got it now!”

“WHAT?!” Snively cried. “You mean I’m stuck like this permanently?! Oh no, sir, please say it isn’t so! Isn’t there another way? There just has to be, sir! Please, you have to help me, sir! Don’t leave me like this!”

Suddenly Robotnik got an idea, as an evil grin crossed his face. “Look down there, Snively. Do you know what that is?” he asked, gesturing towards a familiar-looking backpack that lay on the floor.

“Um, it appears to be the Hedgehog’s backpack, sir,” Snively said. “But who cares about that, what are we going to do about getting me back to normal?!” he cried, impatiently.

Robotnik smiled evilly. “Yes, Snively, as you said, it’s the Hedgehog’s backpack. He must have accidentally left it behind when he dashed off! When he realizes that it’s missing, he’ll obviously return for it!” He grinned. “But what he won’t realize is that his backpack is going to contain a tiny stowaway!”

“I don’t understand, sir, what does this have to do with…” Snively’s voice trailed off, as he suddenly realized what his uncle meant. “You mean I’m going to be hiding within the Hedgehog’s back-pack the whole time?!” he cried. “But why, sir?”

“I will design a microscopic-sized tracking device for you to hold onto while you are hiding inside of the Hedgehog’s backpack. You will be keeping it on you, inside of your pocket at all times,” Robotnik was saying. “The Hedgehog will obviously be headed straight back for Knothole, will he not?”

“Yes, sir, but what exactly is your point?” Snively wailed impatiently.

“Think about it, dear boy- or did the Hedgehog shrink your brain, alone with the rest of you?” Robotnik snapped. “THE TRACKING DEVICE WILL LEAD US TO THE LOCATION OF KNOTHOLE, YOU FOOL!”

“B-but why do I have to be inside of the backpack? Couldn’t you simply install a tracking device on the interior of it?”

“Of course,” Robotnik replied. “But I’ll need you to retrieve my Shrink-Ray for me, as well. And once you find it for me, you’ll be able to get your height back, won’t you?”

Snively looked hopeful. “Hmm…”

“Man, I can’t believe I almost left my backpack behind at ‘Buttnik’s place!” Sonic was saying to Sally and Tails later during the day, in Knothole Village. “Lack of sleep must be getting to me or something.”

“You see, Sonic Hedgehog?” Sally chastised him lightly. “Speed isn’t everything.”

“Well, you gotta admit, Sal- where would we all be without my ability to juice and jam?” Sonic grinned.

“Hmm…” Sally couldn’t think of a come-back to that one. She knew he was right. “Well, just try to be more careful next time, okay? We can’t afford to make any mistakes in Robotropolis, not even light ones!”

Sonic just grinned. “Hey, no prob, Sal,” he said casually. “Don’t worry about the Hedgehog!” He suddenly remembered the Shrink Ray. “But wait’ll you get a load of this baby!” He held the device up and showed it to Sally and Tails.

“Cool, Sonic!” Tails said. “It’s really neato! What is it?”

“Oh, just some Shrinking Device that Robuttnik tried to use on me,” Sonic said casually. “But of course, the guy never had a chance. I Spin-Dashed him down like a mondo-fat bowling pin and swiped it from him, all in a Sonic second!” He grinned. “I also managed to zap Snidely with it too! Man, you shoulda seen the look on ‘ol Shrimp-boat’s face! He didn’t even know what hit him!”

Tails laughed. “You shrunk Slimely? Past cool, Sonic!”

Even Sally had to laugh at this. “Okay, but what were you planning on doing with the Shrink Ray?” she asked Sonic.

“Well, you never know when it might come in handy!” Sonic shrugged. “The next time I’m in Robo-Country, I’ll just zap Robuttnik with it too!” He grinned. “Than maybe I’ll even flatten him like a bug-sized pancake, just for good measure!”

“I have to get a hold of that ray somehow!” Snively said to himself from inside Sonic’s backpack. “I’ve got to return to my proper height, and fast! I can’t stand being like this!”

He glanced around his surroundings in disgust. “Doesn’t that hedgehog ever clean this thing out? There’s dust everywhere in sight!” He sneezed loudly- loud for being that tiny, anyway.

Tails looked around. “Hey, did you guys just hear something?” he asked Sonic and Sally.

“Nope, I didn’t hear anything,” Sonic said with a shrug. “Sal, how ‘bout you?”

“I didn’t hear anything either,” Sally said.

Tails shrugged. “I guess I’m just hearing things,” he said. “Hey, Sonic, do you want me to put away your backpack for you?” he asked.

“Sure, little buddy,” Sonic said.

Tails went and put the backpack away in Sonic’s hut. As soon as he put it down, he heard another little sound just like the last one. “I know I heard it this time!” he said. “I think it came from Sonic’s backpack. It sounded almost like a sneeze, or something!”

“Oh, bloody great!” Snively whispered. “If that two-tailed little twerp spots me, than they’ll all be onto be!”

Tails opened up the backpack and glanced inside. Snively tried to lower himself down as low as he could on the bottom.

“Hey, what’s that?” Tails asked, glancing down into the bag, upon catching sight of Snively’s green uniform. “It looks like a big green bug! Cool! I’ll add it to my bug collection!” He reached in and grabbed Snively out by the collar of his shirt.

“Hey, unhand me at once, you little two-tailed mutant!” Snively yelled in his little high-pitched voice. “I most certainly am not an insect!”

Tails was so shocked he dropped Snively. He glanced down at him carefully, narrowing his eyes. “Hey, you’re not a bug! You’re- you’re Snively!” he cried in shock. “What are you doing in Sonic’s backpack?”

“That’s Snively the Great, to you, fox-brat!” Snively snapped, folding his arms. “And I’ve come for the Shrink Ray! Hand it over!”

Tails laughed. “Oh yeah, Slimely the Small?” he laughed. “And what if I don’t? What are you going to do about it? You’re just two three inches tall!”

“Very well than, fox-boy,” Snively snapped. “Since you refuse to cooperate, you leave me no option but to resort to…” He sighed. “…finding it myself.” He darted for the front door. “And don’t think I’m through with you yet!” he snapped, looking back to shake a fist at Tails. “When I return to my proper height, I’ll use the Shrink Ray to minimize the height of you and everybody else in Knothole… including your Hedgehog friend!” He was about to dart out the door, when Tails kicked it shut, blocking his way. “Hey!” Snively cried. “Open this door right now!” But before Snively knew it, he was grabbed up by Tails. The tracking device fell out of his pocket and onto the floor. “Watch where you step, kid!” he yelped. “You’ll smash the tracking device!” Gasping, he covered his mouth with his hand, but it was too late.

“A tracking device? That’s not cool, Slimely!” Tails said, as he smashed it to bits with his foot. “Oops, sorry about that!” he snickered.

“NO!!” Snively screamed. “YOU LITTLE BRAT!!” He thought to himself, ‘Oh, the Big Round Guy is going to kill me once he finds out!’

Meanwhile, back in Robotropolis, the signal on the computer just suddenly disappeared. “WHAT?! NO!” screamed Robotnik angrily. “AND I WAS SO CLOSE TO LOCATING THE COORDINATES!” He furiously pounded his arm-rest. “Blast that Snively! Somehow, I just know that this is all his fault!” He growled. “Oh, just wait until I get my hands on that little wretch!”

“So you thought that you found a clever way to sneak into Knothole, huh, Needlenose?” Sonic was saying to Snively. “Man, when will you and your uncle learn to call it quits?” He grinned at Tails and gave him the thumb’s- up sign. “Good job, Big Guy!”

Snively was being held prisoner in a glass jar. Luckily the lid had little ventilation holes at the top. “Let me out of here at once, Hedgehog!” he yelled, pounding a tiny fist onto the jar. “How dare you imprison me inside of here against my will like some insect? You’ll pay for this! Just you wait until I return to my original height!”

“Well, you ain’t much more of a threat in your normal size either, Shrimply,” Sonic snickered.

“That’s what you think, rodent! I’ll use Robotnik’s Shrink Ray to shrink the whole bloody lot of you!” Snively yelled, shaking a fist.

Sally looked over at Sonic. “You know, Sonic, maybe we should just get rid of that thing after all. Accidents can happen. Just look at what happened to Snively!”

Sonic sighed. “Yeah, maybe you’re right, Sal,” he said. “Okay… I’ll smash it!”

“NOOO!” Snively screamed. “You can’t! I need to push the green button on it in order to reverse the shrinking process! For the love of Mobius, push the green button!” he pleaded. “Oh, please!”

“Maybe you’d better just return him back to normal, Sonic,” Sally said. “But make sure you take him out of Knothole first, just in case!”

“You got it, Sal!” Sonic said. He suddenly grinned. “But ya know, I don’t think Tail’s pet spider has been fed yet…”

Snively gulped.

Sally just smiled. “No, Sonic. Take him back to Robotropolis.”

“Okay, okay, Sal. I’m goin’ already!” Sonic said, as he placed the jar into his backpack and sped away. “Juice time!”

When Snively got back to the Control Room back at the Death Egg, he was greeted by a very angry Robotnik. He grabbed him up the second he walked through the door. “What went wrong, Snively?” he growled.

“That two-tailed fox-boy smashed the tracker, sir,” Snively said, shaking and sweating like crazy. “You see, it- it fell out of my pocket!”

“And where is my Shrink Ray?” Robotnik growled, tightening his grasp.

“Uh… well, you see, sir… the Hedgehog destroyed it, I’m afraid!” Snively whimpered.

Robotnik glared at his tiny kin. “I had a feeling that this would happen, Snively,” he growled. “Which is why I had the foresight to design a back-up version.”

Snively breathed a sigh of relief.

“However, it still needs to be tested,” Robotnik was saying. “So I need you to take it and go down to the lab to test it out for me.”

“Yes, sir,” Snively said, as he picked it up. But than, as he was walking with it in his hands, he “accidentally” tripped, his finger “accidentally” pushing down on the Shrink button, “accidentally” zapping Robotnik with it!

“You little incompetent wretch!” the now-microscopic Robotnik screamed. “You little klutz! Well, don’t just stand there, you big-nosed buffoon, push the green button and return me back to normal!”

Snively just grinned wickedly. “Well, sir, you did specifically request me to test it out,” he said. “And I would say that it works very well indeed, don’t you agree, sir?” He threw his head back and laughed, ignoring his uncle’s angry shouts and threats.

THE END

Well, thanks for reading! Until next time, guys! Remember to move your Mouse-arrow over to that little box below and click on it!

This has been a Shychick Production!