Disclaimer- I don’t own anything, all right? Anybody who says otherwise is a filthy liar.

Author’s Note- This fic that I have written is being told entirely from Snively’s P.O.V. Unlike most of my other stories about him, this one’s a bit more serious. It’s sort of a reflection of how I personally view him. It’s just a short, sad, sweet little tale about the true feelings behind Robotnik’s lackey/nephew. Please be nice and review. Enjoy!

Have you ever felt lonely at any point in your life? I mean really, truly alone, like you’re invisible? Like you don’t even exist? Well, you had better hope that you don’t ever feel like that, because it’s what I live in every day of my life, and it isn’t very pleasant. No, not pleasant at all. My whole world is a dark shadow of isolation and sadness. I’ve lived in it for as long as I can remember now.

Yes, yes, you all know who I am. I’m Robotnik’s nephew/lackey, the short, bald little guy with the long, pointy nose and the nasal voice. Yes, I’m Snively Kintobor.

Most people view me as nothing more than an incompetent, cowardly, measly little runt, from my fat uncle to that blasted Hedgehog. I’ve grown accustomed to being referred to as “shrimp” and “cue ball” and “needlenose” and other such terms. But just because I’m used to it doesn’t mean I’m fond of it. Nobody realizes this about me- I’ve certainly never revealed this to anybody before- but deep down inside of me, I’m not nearly as thick-skinned as I try to come off as. On the contrary, I am actually a very sensitive person at heart, with delicate, fragile feelings. And it’s not easy to come off as otherwise at times, but I usually somehow manage to pull it off. Because if those Freedom Fighters, or even Robotnik knew, than it would be just one more thing that they would have to use against me. Besides everybody’s got to have something that they just want to keep private, don’t they? I mean, really…

Ever since I was young, I’ve always had hopes and dreams of my own. I’ve always dreamed of someday making somebody out of myself, with my ever- growing knowledge of technology. I spent most of my childhood studying the world of math, science, computers, and robots. It had always fascinated me. And I had always hoped that someday in the future, I could use my intellect to my advantage and become famous and powerful. My father, Colin, constantly sneered at my ambitious attitude. He was always saying how I was just wasting my time, that I would never amount to anything in my life, that I was nothing but a weak little maggot, a little sniveler. Hence my name. I was born with a name to match my personality. How ironic.

Shortly after my father was killed in the Overlander Wars, my uncle, who at the time was known as Jullian Ivo Kintobor, took over the city of Mobotropolis, which from that day on, became known as Robotropolis. He changed his name to Robotnik and had King Max Acorn banished to the Void. Robotnik was determined to conquer all of Mobius with his ever-growing robotic empire. Anybody who he felt got in his way was immediately sentenced to roboticization. At the time, I greatly admired my uncle. I knew that he was pure evil and a tyrant, but his wealth of power simply astounded me. I thought that if I were to join his side, it would finally be my big chance to gain that bit of power that I’ve always dreamed of. So on the day that marked as the beginning of Robotnik’s Reign of Terror, I swore alliance to him. He knew I would be a great asset to him, what with my great knack of computers and robots, so he accepted me and made me Second-In-Command.

I thought that I would finally become somebody. But I was sadly mistaken. Because neither I or my uncle counted on a certain blue, speedy, hedgehog and his wretched band of do-gooders constantly sabotaging all my uncle’s plans. And every single time the Hedgehog and those other wretched Freedom Fighters freed our prisoners, destroyed our factories, and demolished our SWATBots, who was the one he always blamed? That’s right, me. He always blames everything that goes wrong on me, even when it isn’t my fault. Sometimes when he is extra and especially displeased, he’ll even beat me. And all I can ever do is humbly apologize and beg for my uncle’s forgiveness, like the groveling, spineless little coward that I am. And all the while, I’ll be feeling a combination of fear and anger inside of me. But it’s the anger part that I don’t dare show to my uncle. Because if he knew what I truly thought of him, I would be as good as dead. There have been times when I’ve almost revealed my true hate towards him, but thankfully I’ve always been manage to quickly cover it up, though not without coming off extremely suspicious. You know, it not only angers me inside that he doesn’t appreciate all that I do for him, but it hurts me as well. And it hurts me just as much that I have to live with these negative feelings of fear and rage and hate bottled up inside of me, and there’s nothing I can do about it. It’s tearing me apart inside, it really is. I can only take out my rage and hate on those Freedom Fighters, and direct my fear towards my uncle.

You know what else hurts me? It hurts me that my own uncle, that sorry excuse for a family member, doesn’t even treat me like his nephew, like his own flesh and blood. He treats me more like his slave! Looking back now, I wish that I had never joined forces with him. All I ever wanted was to make something of myself, to become somebody! But my dream just never came true. I’m just a nobody, and that’s all I ever will be. Why kid myself? “Snively the Great, future ruler of all of Mobius”… but deep down inside, I know that it’s nothing but a mere pipe dream. But my dreams and ambitions are all that I have to hold onto. I have nothing else. I don’t even have even friends, which brings me back to what I was saying in the beginning. I’m all alone. I haven’t a friend in the world. Nobody whom I can talk to, nobody whom I can share all my feelings, hopes, and dreams with. As difficult as this is for me to admit, I honestly envy that Hedgehog. He has no idea how lucky he is to have friends, to always have others there by his side to look out for him, to care about him… that’s something I’ve never experienced before. Oh, I’d give anything to have a friend… it’s truly all I’ve ever wanted, even more so than power and control.

Well, thanks for hearing me out. I’m not looking for any pity, nor do I except any, I just wanted you to better understand that there’s more to me than what meets the eye.

But just try to remember this the next time you see ‘ol “Needlenose” on your television screen.