Disclaimer- You know what I’m gonna say by now…

This is the sequel to a fic I wrote before entitled “A Termite named Zinny.” So I strongly encourage you to click on my profile and read that one first… just so this fic makes more sense to you.

Happy reading!

Snively stood alone in the laboratory, beside the tiny cryogenic chamber that contained his late pet termite, Zinny. He sighed to himself, letting a few lone tears escape from those baby blues of his. For this termite had not been just any termite… it was not only his pet, but his one-and-only friend in the world. It’s death was all that he could think of these past few days… killed by the cruel hands of his merciless uncle.

The little creature had been consuming all the metal it could find in the entire place, unaware of the great damage that it was causing. For this particular breed of termite was extremely rare; unlike all other termites, it thrived upon not wood, but metal. But Robotnik was oblivious to this fact, although even if he wasn’t, it still would not make a difference. In the tyrant’s eyes, the wretched creature was destroying his robots, his machines, his fortress, everything that he stood for- not unlike the Freedom Fighters. So he simply made a quick end to the insect’s destruction… as well as the insect.

The death of Snively’s beloved friend and pet had simply devastated the little man. The strange thing was, Robotnik had caused death and pain and suffering to many other innocent lives before, and it had never really affected Snively before. He had never taken the time to consider what a horrible thing it all was, for he had never cared for anyone or anything before, certainly not in the way that he had for little Zinny. But now… now his eyes were open for the first time in all his years of working for Robotnik. It was horrible. It was cruel. And yes, Snively had, of course, known this all along, but he had denied it in his heart for so long… too long. This whole new idea of how wrong it just struck his heart and mind like a sudden bolt of lightening.

“How could I have been so blind all this time?” he said to himself. “How could I have not seen the truth before? Taking innocent lives is… just… a horrible thing to do. It’s just wrong…” He lowered his head. “So very, very wrong. And I might never have come to realize this, had it not been for the death of poor Zinny. It’s not fair! He was so little, so innocent… one of God’s creatures! Brought into this world, only to be taken away again, before his time… And this is exactly what we have been doing to so many other helpless creatures all these years…?” He started to shake violently. “Innocent lives taken… tortured … roboticized… so much pain… suffering… families broken… devastation… destruction… AND FOR WHAT?!” Something inside the little man broke, and he started to cry like he never cried before. He sobbed for the loss of his precious pet. He sobbed because he was so ashamed of himself for all the wrong he had ever done, along with his uncle. And he sobbed for all the poor, helpless citizens who were roboticized, tortured, and killed each day. He didn’t even want the death or robotization of Sonic and the other Freedom Fighters now. They were fighting for the right thing. Freedom… justice… peace.

At that moment, Robotnik entered the lab, only to see his tiny nephew on his knees, hands buried in his face, and sobbing uncontrollably. He viewed this whole scene with disgust. “Still pining away for your precious dead termite, are you?” He snorted, and delivered a good hard kick to his minion’s side. “Look at you,” he sneered. “You are just as weak and pathetic as you are incompetent! You disgust me, Snively! I cannot believe that we are even related. How could such a useless little worm such as yourself be of my own flesh and blood?”

“S-s-s-sir…” Snively began, not even bothering to wipe away the tears that dripped off his cheeks and splashed onto his green uniform, “this has to stop! All this suffering… all this pain and death… it’s madness, sir, it’s horrible! And it’s wrong! We cannot keep doing this, sir! We just can’t continue to take the innocent lives of others and inflect such pain and suffering among the helpless citizens of Mobius! Just think of all the poor, hapless families that have been separated… all the poor, innocent children… Oh, please, sir, I beg of you, STOOOOP!” He continued to sob. “Just stop… stop the cruelty… p-p-please, sir…”

Robotnik was shocked speechless. He could not believe the words that were pouring out of his own lackey’s mouth. “Snively… what… where did… how could you…” He glared down at his nephew, pointing a shaking finger at him. “How… DARE you!” he hissed, each word as razor-sharp as a blade. He howled angrily. “HOW DARE YOU! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE, YOU… YOU… TREACHEROUS LITTLE MUTANT! WHERE DO YOU GET THE VERY ADACITY?!” He grabbed Snively up by the collar of his shirt. “You are even weaker than I thought, you miserable little wretch,” he growled in a dangerously-low tone. “But no… say you have been lying and, even now, you shall be forgiven.”

Panting for breath, Snively glared up into his uncle’s face. “Never, Jullian,” he hissed in a voice that he had never used with Robotnik before. “I have finally come to see the light for the first time in my life, and I know that I’m right! You think that by emitting death and pain among others, that gives you this great sense of power? You actually think that’s POWER, Jullian?!” He shook his head. “You are sadly mistaken, Jullian. What gives you the right to hurt others like you have been doing? That’s not power, Jullian, that’s just wrong and morally corrupt! AND I WANT NOTHING MORE TO DO WITH IT!!”

“TRAITOR!!” Robotnik roared, sending him sprawling to the floor with a blow of his mighty robotic fist. “TREACHEROUS SNAKE! YOU SOUND LIKE THOSE ACCURSED FREEDOM FIGHTERS!”

“And they fight for the right thing, Jullian!” Snively cried out.

This was too much for Robotnik. With an angry scream, he proceeded to beat his puny nephew to a bloody pulp.

“I should just squish you to nothing like I did to that wretched insect,” Robotnik said, when he was finally through. “But no… I believe I’ll simply do what I should have done to you a long time ago, Snively… have you roboticized! I’m sure that you’ll be of more use to me as a Workerbot than you ever were before!”

“NO, SIR! PLEASE! DON’T DO THIS!” Snively cried out. “YOU CAN’T DO THIS! YOU MUSN’T!”

All of a sudden, a bright red light started to shine from the glass tube that Zinny was in. The shining sensation was so bright that it filled the entire room, nearly blinding Robotnik and Snively. Than, after a few seconds, the glass tube burst, shattering into a thousand pieces. The once- deceased termite, Zinny, sprang from the explosion and landed in Snively’s hands. “Z-Z- Zinny…? Y-You’re alive?! B-but how can that be?” Snively cried, shocked and overjoyed at the same time. His eyes lit up. “Oh, Zinny!” he cried happily, tears of joy spilling out of his eyes. “It’s a miracle! A MIRACLE! I thought I would never see you again, dear friend! I’ve missed you so much!” He glanced over at Robotnik, who lay unconscious on the floor from the great impact of the explosion. “Zinny,” he said, “so many others have died on account of Robotnik, and I refuse to allow anymore innocent people to suffer! And, I for one, am going to put a stop to it! But I’m going to need your help, Zinny. Together, we will destroy the very base of Robotnik’s evil ways! Are you with me, old friend?”

Zinny made some chirping sounds and nodded.

“Let’s go!” Snively said, his voice filled with determination.

Pretty soon, the little metal-eating termite had consumed the entire Death Egg, along with all of Robotnik’s robots, machines, and factories. Snively than went on to de-roboticize all the Workerbots, using his uncle’s Deroboticizer.

The de-roboticized Sir Charles stepped up to Snively. “Snively… you did this to all of us? I just can’t… I just cannot believe it. You, of all people… Robotnik’s own nephew and minion… thank you, Snively. I can’t begin to express my thanks for all that you have done today.”

“Well, I couldn’t have done it without my little friend, Zinny,” Snively said, petting the little termite who was perched upon his shoulder. He lowered his head and sighed. “Sir Charles… I admit that I have done a great deal of wrong in my time. But today, I have seen the light for the very first time in my life. I can’t forgive myself for my past evil ways… but I- I just wish that I had seen the error of my ways a whole lot sooner. I wish now that I had never joined forces with Robotnik in the first place. I know that I don’t deserve to be forgiven for all that I have done in the past… but I just want you and everybody else to know that I’m truly sorry… I’m so sorry…” Snively sobbed. “And I mean that from the bottom of my heart and soul.”

Uncle Chuck was speechless at this for a moment. Than he placed a hand on the little Overlander’s shoulder. “Well, Snively, it takes a great deal of courage and strength to admit one’s mistakes, especially when it has been a part of them for so long… but past mistakes can be forgiven. You alone have defeated Robotnik and managed to de-roboticize us all. And if what you say is true- and I do believe you- than I’m sure that even the Freedom Fighters will forgive you too, especially after hearing about your heroic efforts.”

“I’m no hero,” Snively mumbled, “I just can’t bear to be a part of such evil any longer. I have denied for too long what my heart and soul knew to be the truth.”

“You know, Snively,” Sir Charles said, “once I tell Princess Sally and the Freedom Fighters about this, I think that perhaps they just might make you a Freedom Fighter. After all, you have seen the error of your ways and admitted that you were wrong, plus you have also accomplished, in a single day, what all of the Freedom Fighters have sought to accomplish for years. I believe that you’d make a good Freedom Fighter, Snively.”

Snively eyes went wide. “M-me? A Freedom Fighter? Why, I- I don’t know what to say, Sir Charles… that would indeed be a great honor!”

Yes, for the first time ever in his life, Snively Kintobor felt happy. He was no longer the frightened, bitter, spiteful young man he once was. It just goes to show that even the most lost souls can find their way out of the darkness to happiness and enlightenment.

1 THE END

Well, what did you guys think? Definitely different, huh? Well, I’m an original person with original ideas. Plus, I just like giving Snively an actual heart and soul sometimes! Sorry if the ending sounded kinda corny! Please read and review!

I’ll have another great fic up for you next time, guys! Keep watching for ‘em! See ya!

This has been a Shychick Production!