Disclaimer- Sadly, I am not the owner of StH and any related characters- SEGA, DiC, and Archie Comics are... RUB IN MY FACE, WHY DON’T YA?! Angry hyperventilating

Now, our favorite little lackey, Snively, has had some pretty strange adventures in his time... but nothing so unusual as what happened to him today.

It was a day like any other day- Robotnik had been bawling him out for failing to capture Sonic, and by the end of the day, had sent him to a trip of horror down in the infirmary, leaving his poor unconscious nephew entirely in the Medi-bots’ (Medical-bots) mercy.

Hours later, after the Medibots had deemed Snively well enough to return to his work, he slinked back down to the Control Room, where he knew that Uncle would be impatiently awaiting his arival... though he did not see the point in returning, for it would be only a short matter of time until the fat oaf would subject him to another merciless beating. Anyway, he approached the doors of the Command Room, pushed the button on the computerized pad, and slowly dragged his sorry little butt in...

“SNIVELY!” Robotnik immediately whirled his revolving chair around in a lightening-fast motion, upon hearing the doors open. Amazing how he automatically knew that it was him, and not a ‘bot, hey? Well, he could detect the light footsteps of his nephew anywhere, plus the light squeeks of his boots.

Poor Snively automatically let out a startled shriek and jumped a mile, nearly having a heart-attack. “Y-y-yes, sir?” he nervously whined, a cheesy, nervous grin spreading upon his lips. Oh, how I loath my life... whyever was I born? he sobbed inwardly.

Come here, Snively... I have something for you...” Robotnik said in that cold, eerie, metalic voice of his, sending a ripple of chills down his nephew’s spine.

No... it can’t be... oh, what could I possibly have done now? I just returned from the infirmary, and already, that despicable sack of lard is ready to start in on me all over again- can’t he at least wait until I’ve had a proper chance to rest and recover? Shaking and sweating like there was no tomorrow, he slowly approached his uncle’s throne. “Y-y-y-yes, O Round One?” he sniveled (hence his name), as he began to shut his eyes to prepare himself for the inevitable blow.

After a few seconds went by, he heard Robotnik impatiently snap, “Well, are you just going to stand there with your eyes closed and face screwed up, like an idiot, or are you going to take this blasted letter from my hands?!”

Snively slowly opened his eyes, a look of great surprise on his face. “Letter, sir?”

“Yes, that’s precisely what I said, you little fool. It seems you recieved a letter in today’s mail- though I cannot imagine who would be writing to you,” Robotnik said in his haughtiest tone.

Snively slowly took the letter from his uncle’s hand. This was the first letter he’d ever gotten in his life. He couldn’t imagine who would be writing to him either, since he didn’t have any friends, and he hadn’t seen what little family he had left in years- but he still had his pride. “Look who’s talking, you green-eyed old monster,” he bitterly muttered under his breath.

Excuse me?” Robotnik growled, grabbing his yelping kin by his turtle-neck sweater.

Snively gulped, and tried to look as innocent as possible. “Oh, that’s quite all right, your Flatulence,” he smiled, pretending to have misunderstood him, “I daresay, you give off a rather delightful fragrance... why, to me, it is sweeter then perfume-”

Oh, shut up, you little imbecile!” Robotnik snaped, throwing him down to the ground and kicking him away from his chair. “Now, return to your post at once! I believe the surveillance monitors crave your undevided attention, do they not?”

“Of course, Doctor Robotnik; at once, sir,” Snively whined, crawling back to his station.

Having returned to his station, he slowly took the envelope and ripped it open. After removing the folded-up letterfrom inside, and reading the whole thing, a look of great horror became planted upon his face. He nearly had a heat-attack from shock.

No... oh, no... it can’t be...”

“Snively! Cease your inane whining, and keep your blasted eyes glued to the screens! If that miserable Hedgehog and his wretched band of do-gooders make it past this time, it will be your hide...” came the impatient growl from the chair.

Snively knew that he had to show his uncle this letter- as, in a way, it did concern him too. “Sir? I-I-I think you had better read this!” he cried, hurrying over to Robotnik.

“Oh, very well. This had better be of utmost importance, you little twit, as you know how I feel about you wasting my precious time with your nonsense!” The fat tyrant grabbed the letter, and quickly scanned it over... and almost fell out of his throne.

“Sir... when you recieved this letter, did you not notice that the envelope was addressed from the Overlander Regions?”

“Well, you can’t very well expect me to care who would be sending you anything!” Robotnik snapped, his voice clearly shaking.

“Sir... after all these years... the time has finally come. I had thought that, long after I’d fled from the Overlander Regions all those years ago, my father would eventually forget,” Snively whispered.

“Since when does Colin ever forget anything?” Robotnik sneered, his tone filled with loath for the borther he had never gotten along with since childhood.

“Indeed... well, what do you make of it, sir?”

Robotnik exhaled impatiently. “Only this: I don’t care if my idiotic brother has deemed it, since your birth, that you were engaged to be wed- that was then, this is now! You have a place here in Robotroplis- only as my lackey, of course; do not take that as a compliment! Er- do not take it as though I actually need you, or anything of the sort either; it’s simply that after so many years of service, I see no point in getting rid of you now! So consider yourself exceedingly fortunate that I have not given in to my strong temptations of making an end to you and your blasted failure, all these times-”

Snively hid a knowing smile. “Er, sir? With all due respect, may I be so bold as to note that you’re straying from the topic?”

“What? Oh, yes. Now then, back to the point- I have no idea how your father has managed to figure out your precise whereabouts on Mobius, but I will say this: you are not returning home to get married! And I don’t even care if it was your mother’s dying wish on her deathbed, shortly after you were born either!” Robotnik declared, slamming his fist down. “I- the great and powerful Lord Robotnik- has spoken! And that is final!”

Snively felt a painful twinge of guilt in his heart; he always did feel terribly responsible for his mother’s death- the woman he had never known- and, of course, Colin had always blamed him entirely for this. He certainly did not want to get married- why, the very idea of him even falling in love, let alone getting married was utterly unthinkable and impossible to him- and in time, he had come to forget entirely about it- but, at the same time, he wanted to honor his poor mother’s last wish... after all, it was the only way he could make it up to her for taking for very life.

“Sir...” Snively spoke up with a sigh, after a few seconds of thoughtful silence- and the words which came from his mouth came as a great shock to both him and Robotnik- “I wish to return home... I wish to carry out my mother’s final dream...”

With a heavy heart, Snively took a deep breath and closed his eyes. “Sir, I- I wish to marry... I choose to marry.”

For you, Mother... I’ll do it for you,the little man thought to himself, tears stinging his blue eyes, his head bowed.

Stay tuned for Chapter 2, coming soon! PLEASE REVIEW!

This has been a Shychick Production!