Disclaimer: I own none of the characters, related to "Sonic the Hedgehog", although I wish I owned Snively. Heh, heh...

Well, guys, this is just An interesting tale of what would happen if our favorite hedgehog and our favorite lackey switched bodies. It's original, it's funny, and it's never been done before. But hey, everybody enjoys a good Humor fic! So enjoy! Please remember to leave a review for my troubles... it's the least you can do; after all, I AM writing this for your entertainment!

After countless hours into the night, Dr. Robotnik had finally completed his latest and greatest creation. He had stayed up all throughout the night to finish it, and now it was finally ready. He stood back to take in the result of his toils, as the gleaming silver surface of the device shone in his eyes. Ah, yes indeed, it was truly a thing of beauty and a joy forever. Yes, this would be the ultimate device which would finally rid him of that insufferable Hedgehog once and for all. He had such a strong feeling that success would finally come to be his. He could feel it...

"Eureka!" the mad doctor cried happily, throwing his hands up in the air. "At long last, I, Dr. Robotnik, have created the perfect device for the Hedgehog's destruction! Finally, success will finally be mine, after all these years!" He broke out into maniacal laughter.

Just than Snively entered the room. "My apologies for disturbing you, sir," he said in that meek-yet-respectful (and oh-so-cute!) manner of his, "but I just came to inform you that the Hedgehog has destroyed yet another army of SWATbots, and..." His voice trailed off as he suddenly noticed his uncle's newest invention laying on the table. `Oh brother, what's Fat Boy planning this time?' he thought to himself. `Another hopeless attempt to be crowned the successor in his on-going battle of wits with the Hedgehog, no doubt.'

Robotnik grabbed Snively and gestured towards the small, hand-held device. "Isn't it magnificent, Snively?" he asked, too immersed in his achievement to even hear what his nephew just said about the SWATbots. "Isn't it the most amazing thing you've ever laid your eyes on?"

`Whatever' Snively thought to himself. "Yes, sir, it's most impressive," he said, knowing from past experience that it was always best to agree with his uncle. "Er, tell me, sir, what function is it capable of performing?"

"This, dear nephew, is THE device which will finally put an end to that miserable vermin's insufferable antics, once and for all!"

"Do you mean Sonic, sir?" Snively asked.

Robotnik glared at his little lackey. "Of course, I mean him, you imbecile! And how dare you mention that creature's name in my presence?!" Just hearing the Hedgehog's name alone was enough to make his blood boil.

"R-right. Sorry, sir," Snively said nervously. "So what exactly does this device do?"

"I call it the Mind Manipulator 9000!" Robotnik said somewhat over-dramatically. "This machine is capable of emitting powerful psywaves across the atmosphere, and thus seizing total control over any targeted one's mind. The Hedgehog will be completely in my power, making it all the more easier to dispose of him!" Robotnik laughed wickedly. "Isn't that sheer genius, Snively?"

"Yes, sir, sheer genius," Snively agreed, nodding. "Absolutely brilliant."

Robotnik smiled evilly. "I'd like to see that foolish creature hack his way out of this one. We'll just have to wait until the next time he comes into Robotrpolis. And it will be his last time..."

* * *

It was Thursday. The day that Snively would patrol the streets of Robotropolis. In his opinion, it was the most boring job ever. Well, at least it gave him an excuse to avoid his uncle, who he absolutely hated being around. So anyway, Snively was busy patrolling the city streets, immersed in his own thoughts, when all of a sudden, an all-too-familiar blue flash zoomed by him.

"The Hedgehog!" Snively cried. He yelled out, "Cease and desist, Hedgehog! Don't think you can escape from me this time!" For he had with him Robotnik's Mind Manipulator, just in case he should have an encounter with Sonic.

Sonic zoomed back in Snively's direction. "Hey, Needlenose, what makes you think that I would surrender? You've gotta be kidding! If ya want me, you'll just have to catch me first!" He zoomed in circles around Snively.

Snively was starting to get dizzy quickly, watching the blue whir zoom around him. "You're only making this harder on yourself by resisting, Hegehog!" he yelled. Finally, he collapsed on the ground, swirly-eyed. The Mind Manipulator fell out of his pocket. Snively's eyes widened. Now he had him! Shaking off his dizzy spell, he grabbed the device and leaped to his feet. "Say hello to my secret weapon, rodent!"

"Aw, how cute, Snittly's got himself a new toy!" Sonic said with a smirk. "Well, I'd love to introduce myself to your little friend, but I've gotta juice! Later, toy-boy!" Sonic zoomed off.

"Haha! You won't get away that easily today, rodent!" Snively said. He quickly typed in the screen, "Target: Hedgehog." Adjusting the dial, he pointed the antenna in Sonic's direction and pushed the button.

All of a sudden, everything went black, for what seemed like only about five seconds. When Snively came to, he groaned and rubbed his head. "W-what on Mobius just happened?" That voice! The voice that came directly out of his mouth- it wasn't his own voice! It sounded exactly like... the Hedgehog's! No! It couldn't be!

"What's wrong with my voice?" Snively cried, horrified. "Why do I sound like that blue rodent? What's going on?!" He started to run, but tripped and landed face-down in a puddle of water.

Snively gazed at his reflection in the water. "ARGGG!! NO! IT CAN'T BE! IT CAN'T BE!!!!" Sonic's reflection gazed up back at him.

"I sound like the Hedgehog... I look like the Hedgehog... oh, God, no! I must be trapped inside the Hedgehog's body!" He gasped in horror. "But how?! What happened!? Wait a minute... the Mind Manipulator 9000! Robotnik must have designed it all wrong! It doesn't control people's minds- it switches their minds! So if my theory is correct... than Sonic must be trapped inside my body as well! Oh, no! I've got to find me... I mean, I've got to find him!" He started to run... and ZOOM! He found out he had the ability to run just as fast as Sonic too! He skidded to a stop. "WHOA! Did I just do that?" He smiled thoughtfully. "Hmmm... so this is what is feels like to be the fastest thing alive! Oh, yes, I could really get used to this!" He zoomed off down the street, enjoying his new speed. "Wheee! Hahahaha! Now I'm the fastest thing alive! Oh, that Hedgehog must be nothing without his speed! I can't wait to see the look on his... er, my face!" Suddenly, an idea struck him. "Wait a
minute... that's it! He's completely lost his power! Now, I have his power instead of him so that means... he's totally helpless! Haha! His capture is assured now!" Laughing happily, he zoomed on down the road in search of Sonic... who would be trapped in Snively's body.

* * *

Sonic had only recently discovered what had happened, and was nothing short of horrified. "Aw, man!" he cried. "I don't know how, but that thingamajig Snively was holding musta caused us to switch bodies! That means he must have my speed... not to mention my Sonic-Spin and Spin-Dash techniques! What a total bummer!" He shuddered. "And to top off the fact that I'm now powerless, I look and sound just like that creep! Yech!"

Just than Snively came dashing by. He skidded to a stop right in front of Sonic. "Hello there, Hedgehog," he said, folding his arms casually. He smirked. "Or should I say, "Needlenose"?" He laughed. "Well, it seems as if we are faced with quite a predicament, wouldn't you say?"

"All right, Slimely, what did you do to us?" Sonic asked, glaring at, well, himself.

Snively chuckled. "Well, you see, apparently, my uncle's latest invention had a minor technicality. It was originally supposed to seize control of your mind, not switch it." He smirked. "Oh, well. You do realize that being stuck in my body renders you completely powerless, don't you? That means I finally have you! With your speed being in my possession, escape is futile! So you may as well just surrender."

Sonic gulped. For the first time ever, he was actually worried...

* * *

Snively stood outside the control room, back at the base. He couldn't wait to tell Robotnik that he had finally captured Sonic the Hedgehog... though circumstances being what they were, he knew that it was going to be hard for him to believe that he was actually Snively and vice-versa.

"But first," Snively said, grinning, "I'm gonna have a little fun!" He zoomed through the doors. "Yo, `Buttnik!" he yelled, impersonating Sonic. "Guess who? It's me, your friendly neighborhood hedgehog!"

"The Hedgehog!" Robotnik yelled. "SWATbots! Attack!"

But of course, the SWATbots missed him every time. Grinning, he Spin-Dashed all of the SWATbots. "Oh, yeah! Am I the best or what?" Snively cried. He enjoyed having this power!

Robotnik screamed angrily. "Snively! Where are you? Send me more SWATbots ASAP! Triple security! I want that Hedgehog! SNIVELY! WHERE THE HECK ARE YOU?"

Snively laughed. "I'm right here, sir," he said. "I was merely having a bit of fun in my current form, that's all. I'm sorry, sir, I just couldn't resist."

Robotnik stared, speechless.

"You see, sir, I'm afraid the Mind Manipulator 9000 failed. Instead of taking control of the Hedgehog's mind, it caused him to switch minds with me! I'm really Snively, your nephew. The Hedgehog is trapped in my body! I swear! I know it's hard for you to believe, but I can prove it!" He dashed out of the room, and returned with a handcuffed Sonic, still in his body. "I captured him, sir! I captured the Hedgehog! His powers are completely gone, a result of him being trapped in my body!"

"I hate to admit it, Buttnik, but Slimely's tellin' the truth!" Sonic said. "And you'd better switch us back right now! You'll never get away with this! Just wait until I'm back in my own body!" He grimaced. "Oh, man, do I hate having this voice! I sound like a total loser!"

"How dare you call me a loser!" Snively yelled. "You are in no position to be talking to me like that... Cue Ball!"

Sonic whipped out Snively's laser pointer from his belt and aimed a blast right at him.

Snively dodged it. "HEY! How dare you touch MY laser pointer?! Nobody uses her except me!" He grabbed it away from Sonic. "It's all right, precious, Daddy's here," he cooed to it.

Sonic laughed. "Oh, brother!"

Snively glared daggers at Sonic. "You dare to mock Snively the Great?" He clenched his fists. I've got a score to settle with you, Hedgehog! Let's set aside the personal attacks and settle this with physical attacks!" He unlocked Sonic's handcuffs. "Bring it on, Needlenose!"

Sonic grinned. "Ladies first." They charged towards each other, yelling battle cries. Pretty soon, they were both rolling around on the floor, locked in mortal combat.

Robotnik, who at first was feeling quite freaked out by this whole thing, now was very amused. He sat back in his in chair and munched on popcorn, watching the two duke it out.

The Mind Manipultor, which was in Snively's pocket, fell out during the fight and slid down the floor. Sonic noticed it and cried, "The Mind Manipulator! Maybe if I push it, it'll change us back!" He made a leap for it.

"NOOOO!" Snively cried. He didn't want his body back now! Not after experiencing the Hedgehog's powers!

Sonic pushed the button, right before Snively could stop him. ZAP! Everything went dark again momentarily... and Snively found himself back in his own body.

"Well, that's a relief!" Sonic said, standing up. "Man, I thought I was going to be stuck in your pathetic body, hearing your snotty voice come outta my mouth forever! Well, it's been fun, but I've gotta run! Later, `Buttnik! Later, Needlenose!" He dashed away, back to Knothole.

Snively screamed angrily. "It's not fair! I had both the Hedgehog and his unbeatable powers! I had them! But now I lost them! Gone, all gone!" Snively started bawling his head off. He paused. "Er, by the way, sir," he said to Robotnik with a nervous chuckle, "I, uh, hope you won't hold that "Buttnik" remark against me... I meant nothing by it, you understand... heh, heh."

Robotnik chuckled evilly. "Of course, dear nephew... now, how about getting to work on repairing all those SWATbots you damaged, hmmm...?"

Snively gulped. It would take him hours! He started to bawl again.

* * *

Snively was busy repairing his uncle's SWATbots in the factory, while muttering angry threats about Sonic under his breath. "I'LL GET YOU ONE OF THESE DAYS, HEDGEHOG!!!!!!" he screamed angrily.