Sonic Beyond

Miss-matchmaker

by Sonique

First of all, Sonic the Hedgehog and all related characters are trademarks of SEGA Enterprises, Archie and Fleetway Comics, and DiC Animation Company. The Characters Wendy McCormick, Alison Scharlemann, Ratty, Eric McCormick and others, though they may not appear in this chapter, are copyright Alison Scharlemann or Sonique of Shadow of Light. Tikal (Sorceress) is copyright SEGA but the last name I gave her was just for fun and if I catch you stealing, your ass is grass. "Sonic Beyond" is (c) Alison Scharlemann along with Rachel Gunnerson and Alexa Sorenson. This fanfic may be distributed or used for MiSTings, but I would like an email if you are using it so I know who is. All comments about this fic can be written to me, Sonique, at soneec@sonicrules.zzn.com.

Amy put down the last tarot card, "Let's see," she pointed to one and mumbled to herself trying to collect all the information she could. After a few seconds of mumbling, she bit her lower lip and stared at the cards.

"Yes?" Snively asked impatiently.

She put her hand to her mouth, "I must have done this wrong."

Snively rolled his eyes, "I don't have all day young lady."

"You were the one who wanted me to do this," Amy retorted picking up her cards.

Alison chuckled and folded her arms, "They probably said no girl wanted to be with you, and I'm sure it's true."

Snively glared at Alison but before he could respond Amy spoke, "They're supposed to tell who you're most compatible with and most likely to end up with," she began laying out the cards on the floor again.

"And you did you end up with, miscreant?" Snively asked Alison in a stuck up tone.

"Oh, please, I don't believe in all this fortune telling mumbo jumbo."

"Hey!" Amy looked up at Alison, "This is different from fortune telling! This takes a lot of practice and hard work, and these cards are right over ninety nine of the time."

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry," Alison freaked.

Once again Amy began reading her cards. Finally she scratched her head puzzled.

"What is it, now?" Snively asked annoyed.

"I got the same answer as before."

"So, what does it say all ready?" Snively grew more than a little impatient.

"Well to tell the honest truth," she stood up, "I've never seen so much compatibility."

Alison's ears perked up when she heard that. She could feel her stomach begin to twist at the horrid thought of Snively leaving Robotropolis running off to find this girl. She sickened at the idea of him finding her, and kissing her lips. A soul came across her face as she thought of this girl kissing the very lips of the one she treasured so much; of the one she longed to hold since the moment she came about Mobius, but can't because she's too shy to reveal her true feelings. Because of her shyness and bitter anger, the one body on Mobius keeping her going, hated her with an intense rage ready to burst at any moment.

"So, who is it?" Snively couldn't help but smile at the thought that he was about to find out his most likely future wife.

"Well at eighty nine percent compatibility, and less than one percent chance of error, I'm just kind of surprised..."

"Get on with it!" Snively screamed.

"Yeah I'm curious too," Alison admitted.

"Okay, but..." Amy sighed, "After reviewing the cards twice, and getting higher results than ever before, I found that the female on Mobius you will most likely marry is..."

 

"Sal, ya gotta hide me," Sonic pleaded.

"Oh, Sonic, it's just Amy," Sally rolled her eyes.

"Oh come on Sal, she follows me around like a lost puppy."

"She'll just be here for a few days, Sonic now stop whining."

The door to Sally's hut swung open wildly causing Sonic to nearly jump out of his shoes. He looked toward the door hoping Amy would not be the on to enter, and much to his relief, only Alison and Tails walked in.

Alison stared at Sonic's wide eyes puzzled, "What's up with you?"

Sally turned to her, "He always gets a bit jumpy when Amy's around."

"Why? She's just a little girl from what I understand."

"Well, you see, Amy has just a little crush on Sonic and tents to..." before Sally could finish, Sonic interrupted her.

"She follows me everywhere I go, chases me around and even tries to kiss me."

Tails giggled, "I think it's funny."

"Yes, it is cute," Sally replied

Sonic rolled his eyes in response.

"I like it when Amy comes," Tails went on, "she always tells our futures and tells us about ourselves with tarot cards."

Alison scoffed, "Those things are fake. They just make up a bunch of bull."

"That's not true!" Tails protested.

Alison crossed her arms in front of her chest sternly, "Oh, come on Tails! They make up information that can apply to anyone, and gullible people like you believe it."

Tails usually put up with Alison's bickering, but he hated being called names. His face turned angry, he pointed to Alison as if really trying to prove his point, and screamed, "I am not gullible!"

Alison chuckled to herself pleased with her work, "Yeah right," with those final words, she turned and walked out the door.

"What is it with her?" Tails asked Sally.

Sally shook her head, "I don't know Tails. I just don't know."

"Aunt Sally?"

"Hmm?"

"What does 'gullible' mean?"

Sonic and Sally stared at each other for a second than began giggling.

"What?" Tails asked innocently.

"Sorry, Big Guy!" Sonic replied. "But after you told Alison off like that, it seemed like you knew that word inside out."

"Gullible means you're easily fooled," Sally told Tails. "Like if I were to say, 'there's a purple cow outside!' and you believe it."

Tails nodded, "Okay, I get it, but are tarot cards really fake."

Suddenly, Alison ran up to the window and pounded her hands down to get everyone's attention, "Where?"

Sally and Sonic looked at each other confused. Sally finally asked, "Where what?"

"Where's the purple cow?"

Sonic, Sally and Tails all began laughing.

"Alison," Tails remarked, "You are so gullible!"

Sunset fell on Knothole village casting an orange and red shadow over the trees... gee y'know that was supposed to sound cool. Sounded kind of dumb huh? Let's cut to the good stuff.

Sally, Alison, and Tails sat on a bench outside the entrance to Knothole waiting for Amy to arrive. Sonic, on the other hand, paced back and forth impatiently.

Sally grew tired of watching Sonic pace, "Sonic, will you relax?"

"I can't, Sal. I just know she's gonna come with some plan to make me like her, and when it doesn't work, she's gonna follow me around again."

Alison remarked, "Just run away from her. The 'fastest thing alive' should be able to outrun a little girl."

"And she's fun to hang out with!" Tails replied.

"That's usually a plus," Alison said.

A few minutes later Sonic continued to pace back and forth, much to Sally's dismay, then he heard a familiar voice which made him stop in his tracks.

"Hey Sonic!" a young girl called from a distance.

Sonic's face turned to horror as he watched the pink haired hedgehog approached him. Sonic felt too afraid to move and Amy walked right up in front of him, "Hi Sonic, how have you been?"

"Uhhh..." was Sonic's reply as he backed away from her.

Tails leaped from his seat, "Amy, I wanna learn my future!"

Alison looked away and mumbled, "Those things are fake."

Amy walked up to Alison, "You're Alison, aren't you?"

"Yeah, you've heard of me?"

Amy pulled out a few cards form her pocket, "Nope. I knew you were here when I read these cards by..."

"Okay, stop!" Alison nearly yelled. "Those things don't work."

Amy gave Alison a look as if she knew she would respond like that, "You don't think so?"

"I don't think so, I know so," Alison replied confidently.

"Okay, okay," Sally remarked standing up. "Let's not get into any arguments right." she turned to Amy, "Come on, I'll show you where you'll be staying."

Sally and Amy began to walk away and as they did, Tails piped up, "Wait for me!" and jogged after them.

Alison stood up as well, "Come on, Sonic!" she motioned for Sonic to follow.

Sonic just stared ahead of himself in the same position as before, "Uhhh..." was his reply.

The Freedom Fighters all began to gather in Amy's hut anxious to hear what she had been up to and to hear their futures. Before Alison and Sally entered Sally said to her sternly, "Now I know you don't believe in tarot cards, but I think you've been very rude to Amy so far."

Alison looked down, "Okay, but kids just get on my nerves sometimes."

"Amy's different. Get to know her and you'll see."

Alison sighed, "Okay, but I still don't believe in this tarot crap," with that Alison headed into Amy's hut.

Sally sighed in despair and followed Alison inside.

Amy had made her room very dark to make the mood very mysterious. In the center of the dark room sat a table surrounded by lit candles. The Freedom Fighters stood around the table all awaiting their fortunes. Amy sat by the table with her tarot cards in her hand, "Who wants to be first?"

"Me, me, me!" Tails yelled excitedly.

"Actually," Amy said while tapping the cards on the table, "I'd rather read Alison's cards first."

Alison rolled her eyes, "Why me?"

"I want to show you just how real these things are."

Alison was about to protest but then she looked over and saw Sally's expression. She sighed, "Okay," she walked over to the table, folding her hands in front of her. "Let's see what you can come up with."

"Hmmm.." Amy looked at Alison, "Are you hiding something..."

"Oh, for God's sake!!! Why does everyone think I'm hiding something?!!" Alison threw her hands into the air, "Why must you people think I have some undergo feelings for a certain someone nearby who's completely incompatible with me, but none the less I love him so much I could not live without him, and it's the reason I feel I'm here to this day???!!!" she put her hands down and panted a bit.

After a moment of uncomfortable silence, Amy spoke softly, "I meant are you hiding something under the table in your hand, it looked like you were."

"Oh." Alison's face grew red and she could feel a small heat wave flush over her. She showed her hands to Amy, "No, nothing." She looked at the Freedom Fighter's confused expressions, "Maybe I'll go..." she replied pointing to the door. She quickly existed the hut without looking back, knowing fully well she had made a complete fool of herself.

Taking advantage of the situation, Rotor said, "I think I'm gonna go see what's bothering her," he too left the room eager to spend a moment alone with Alison.

After Rotor left, Amy just said, "Okay..." and began getting her cards ready again.

Alison walked by herself outside with her arms folded in front of her chest. She moaned to herself disgusted with how she'd just reacted and rubbed her face with her hand. Suddenly, she felt a cold hand on her shoulder. She shrieked and whipped around only to see Rotor standing there. "Oh, it's just you."

"Just me?" Rotor asked.

"Well... I thought you were Amy or something."

"Heh, she's not scary."

"Are you kidding? Did you see what she just did to me?" Alison demanded pointing to the hut.

"Yeah, she asked you a question. How dare she," Rotor remarked with no expression.

Alison rolled her eyes, "No, I mean, the way she almost tricked me into telling my darkest secret!"

"She did not. You just freaked out..."

"Am I kind of person that would freak out!???" Alison freaked.

Rotor just stared at her as if saying yes.

"Okay, maybe I do sometimes."

"Just relax, tarot cards all for fun. You can't take these things seriously."

Alison sighed, "I'm not going back in there. She'll reveal my secrets."

"But I thought you said those things were fake anyway?"

Alison shivered at the thought of Amy revealing her secret, "I don't wanna take any chances with her. She's... just creepy." She looked back at Rotor waiting for a response.

Rotor shrugged, "It's your choice. I'm going back in though."

"Just promise me something first, Motor Boat."

"What's that?"

"Take your own advice and don't take those things too seriously," she smiled and winked at him.

Rotor blushed a bit after she winked, "Okay, will do."

"Thanks."

Later that night, Alison sat alone by the power ring pool. She swirled the blue ripples around with a stick noticing the form they made. As she moved the stick around a bit more, through her mind, she could almost see them take the formation of Snively's head. Chuckling to herself, she began to day dream about them being together. She envisioned then strolling along a sandy beach, hand in hand, laughing and gazing upon the other with the wind in their hair (with what little hair Snively had). Before she could think any further, Sonic and Sally interrupted her thoughts.

Sally giggled, "Sonic stop that."

"C'mon, Sal," Sonic insisted.

Alison's thoughts turned dirty for a moment as she imagined what Sonic could be doing that'd like that, then her curiosity caught the best of her and she turned to see what they were laughing about.

Sally jogged over to a near by tree and pressed her back to it as if hiding from Sonic. In between panting, she giggled a bit with a very childish smile across her face. Sonic also jogged around in the forest but not nearly with his usual speed. He too had a sinister childish smirk across his face as he looked from side to side for his lover.

"Sa-al!" Sonic called as if calling a dog or small child, "Come out wherever you are."

Sally chuckled quietly but loudly enough for Sonic to hear. Sonic turned over and could see Sally's arm hanging out from the other side of the tree. He had another sinister smile cross his lips, then quietly tiptoed over to the opposite side of the tree. For a short while, he just stood behind the tree as if admitting the fact that Sally had no idea he was behind her. Sonic slowly extended his arms, then quickly poked Sally's ribs from behind. Sally jumped in surprise and shrieked; she whirled around to see Sonic's rather pleased expression.

"C'mon, Sal," Sonic repeated only in a more romantic tone.

Sally giggled once more, "Sonic!" she replied as if scolding him. Her eyes just happened to wander off to where Alison had been sitting the whole time. Sally gasped, then turned to Sonic, whispered something and pointed to Alison.

Sonic then looked over to Alison and his expression changed from aroused to completely embarrassed. Sonic and Sally stared at each other for a few seconds, then Sonic motioned for them to leave. Sally nodded, took Sonic's hand and they quickly walked away together.

"O-okay," was Alison's only reply. She stood up and stretched her arms way above her head with a yawn. "Wonder what the other's are doing," she wondered allowed walking over toward the huts.

As Alison approached the open area of the forest, she noticed Bunnie, Tails and Rotor sitting at a work bench. "Hi guys!" she called. To her surprised, Rotor didn't move an inch, and Bunnie just gave her a rather worried expression. Alison grew a tad worried about all the weird behavior and quickly jogged up to the bench. Rotor still didn't move, and he was fully aware of Alison's presence. Alison figured that all this had to do with something Amy had said; she sighed, "Okay, why are Sonic and Sally acting like children and why is Motor Boat dead?"

"I'm not dead," Rotor muffled coldly.

Alison's eyes widened in shock; Rotor had never talked to her like that before. He never even raised his voice slightly at her.

Rotor sat up and rubbed his face, "I'm sorry." he replied softly with a rather sullen expression.

Alison nodded, "It's okay... are you okay?"

"Let me ask you something," he said pointing to Alison.

She shrugged, "Okay."

"Y'know my inventions and gadgets that I work on all the time?"

"Yeah."

"Do you find that stuff," he paused as if trying to find the right word, "interesting?"

Alison thought for a moment as if trying to figure out the question. Finally she answered, "I guess, sometimes. It depends on the..." she then stopped and her eyes widened in awe, "Hey look at that!" she excitedly pointed to something in the distance.

They all turned their heads but saw nothing exciting.

"What the hoo ha are y'all talkin about?" Bunnie asked puzzled.

Alison continued to point till she blurted out excitedly, "That frog has four legs!"

Rotor looked back again and saw the frog this time, "Uhh..." he looked back at Alison, "All frogs have four legs."

"No, look! It has four legs! This is the coolest thing!" she eagerly ran up to the frog to try to catch it but it leaped away. "Aww, come back here!" she called. She trotted after the frog as it continued to excitedly bounce away from her.

Tails stood up, "Hey I wanna see the frog too!" without so much as a goodbye, he sped off after Alison.

Rotor watched Alison with his mouth nearly on the floor, "Did you see that?!?" he asked Bunnie in amazement.

"Sure did, sugah, and last Ah checked, all frogs have four legs."

"Man! Even Tails is more compatible for her than I am!" he threw his hands in front of him as if saying, 'see?'.

"Now, y'all cain't be too upset. For all we know, Amy couldah made all that stuff up," she noticed her response hadn't cheered Rotor up any, so tried to think of something better to say.

"Hi guys!" Sally called to them as she and Sonic, hand in hand, approached the bench.

Sonic notice Rotor's sullen look, "Hey, Rote, what's up?" he asked.

Bunnie answered, "Rotor's a bit upset 'cause he ain't Alison's most compatible male."

"Well it's not that bad," Sally replied, "Just cause the cards said that, doesn't mean it's true."

"Easy for you to say!" Rotor remarked sharply. "You two were most likely to marry each other."

Sonic and Sally exchanged glances not sure what to think or say.

Rotor began speaking again, "She said we weren't compatible at all."

"You don't have to listen to her, Rote," Sonic declared. "I never have."

"You know, Rotor," Sally began, "in this case it may be better to be more like Alison and not listen to the tarot cards."

"You want me to be like Alison?" Rotor asked. "She just ran after a frog amazed that it had four legs."

Sonic spoke, "We don't mean to act totally like her..."

"Please, don't act totally like her..." Sally interrupted.

"... we just think that you shouldn't listen to what a card tells you, and follow what you feel inside."

"Sonic that was... well... beautiful!" Sally exclaimed surprised at Sonic's reply.

"I know, I know," he smiled proudly.

"Y'know, honey pah, if you really wanna get Ali-girl's attention, why not something simple, lahk invitin' her over for dinnah?" Bunnie suggested.

Rotor thought for a moment, "I guess that could work."

"Why don't we make it a double date? Me, Sonic, you and Alison?" Sally awaited a response from Rotor.

"Sure, sounds good."

"Cool, Rote, now all ya gotta do is invite Al to dinner."

Rotor felt his heart begin to pound and his palms became rather sweaty, he swallowed, "You want ME to invite her... on a date?"

"How about tomorrow around seven. Amy will have left by then and we wont have to worry about her. Let's say," Sally explained. "...at my hut, okay?"

Rotor gazed forward for a moment trying to think of ways to invite Alison, "Okay... sure."

"See ya, Rote," Sonic and Sally walked away leaving Rotor and Bunnie alone. Bunnie soon left too leaving him with his thoughts as his only company.

Rotor walked around slowly in Knothole wondering where Alison had sped off too. He figured that she'd be near the ring pool, for that's probably where the frog would have ended up eventually. As he grew closer to his destination, he could feel himself becoming incredibly nervous. His hands and arms began to tingle as he thought of her; then his heart began skipping beats, and he could feel his mouth drying out. He licked his lips trying to at least keep his lips moist. After a few moments of nervous walking, he finally spotted Alison walking toward the huts. Before she got too far ahead of him, he called, "Hey, Alison!"

Alison turned and looked at him "What's up?" she yelled back.

"I need to talk to you!"

"What?!"

"Come over here!" Rotor hollered.

"What??" she hollered back.

"I said come over here!" he shouted as loud as he could.

To his surprise, she still couldn't understand him, "WHAT??!"

Rotor sighed to himself, then jogged over to where Alison was standing, "I said I needed you to come over there so I could talk to you."

"Oh, okay," without another word, Alison turned away from him and began to trot away.

"What?? Where are you going?"

She stopped and turned to him, "You said you needed to talk to me over there."

"No, no," Rotor shook his head, "I just needed you to come over there cause you were here and I was there and I needed you there at the time."

Alison stared at him blankly.

Rotor shook his head again, "Never mind. I just need to ask you something."

Alison shrugged, "Sure, what?"

He took a deep breath and sputtered, "DoyouwanttocometoSally'swithmetomorrownightforadinnerdate?" he looked at her awaiting a response.

"Uh..." Alison hadn't understood a word he said, "What was the question?"

Rotor sighed, "I just... wanted to know if..." he looked down at the ground, "...if you wanted to join me... for.." he cleared his throat, "for dinner at Sally's tomorrow."

Unaware that he was even asking her for a date, she replied, "Sure."

His eyes widened in shock, "Really?!" he freaked. Then, he calmed himself down, "I mean, okay cool."

"Yeah."

"Okay, it'll be me, you, Sonic and Sally, okay?"

"Yeah, sure."

"Be there at seven."

"No problem."

"Well..." he stood silent not sure of what to say next.

"See ya," with a short wave Alison ran off toward the huts.

Rotor watched to be sure she had completely left, and once he could no longer see her, he let out a rousing, "YES!"

 

Alison carefully made her way quietly through Robotropolis eager to spy on Snively. Looking from side to side, she tiptoed over garbage and junk that lay in the polluted streets. She kept her eyes very well pealed to avoid guards and cameras. The silent of the streets made her nervous; she couldn't even hear her own feet beneath her. her body moved in rhythm with her heart beat, until she felt a cold hand on her shoulder. She gasped and whipped around expecting a SWaTBot of some sort, but instead, a bit of relief and anger swept over her, "Amy??!"

The pink hedgehog stepped forward with a determined expression, "What are you doing?" she demanded.

"Well..." Alison's voice traded off till she finally retorted, "What are you doing?"

"I followed you," Amy remarked proudly."So, why did you come here?"

Alison stopped in her tracks as her thoughts rapidly flowed into her head trying to think of an excuse, "I came here... to... look... for something... that.. I'm looking for."

"I'll help you find it!" Amy exclaimed being fully aware Alison didn't want to reveal why she had come to Robotropolis.

Alison sighed knowing it was know use, "I came here because... I wanted... to..." she paused thinking of how to phrase it, ".. annoy Snively," she looked down on the ground rather embarrassed of her half lie half truth.

"Oh, you mean that guy with the long nose?"

"Yeah, that's him."

"What were you planning on?"

Alison shrugged, "I dunno, maybe push him in the mud or something."

"Maybe you could drag him up a huge garbage pile and push him down."

Alison laughed a bit, "Yeah that'd be fun." Then she got an idea of her own, "Hey! Maybe we could find a big hairy rat and stick it down his shirt."

Alison and Amy both began laughing a bit louder.

"Let's sneak up behind him and give him a wedgie!" Amy exclaimed.

That comment sent them both into roaring laughter. They laughed for a while then Amy spoke through giggles, "We'd better think of something really fast?"

"Why's that?"

"Cause he's," her expression changed to serious and almost frightened, ".... right behind you!"

Alison whipped around in time to see Snively's hands lash out at her. She shrieked as it was not Snively's style to be the one who starts the violence. His hands contacted her upper rather hard for Snively, and Alison nearly fell backwards. She stumbled a bit then stared back at his irate expression and returned the glare, "What's your problem?"

He spoke slowly and sternly, "Leave me alone. I'm not in the mood!"

"You're a creep," Amy replied as she helped Alison regain her balance.

Snively glared down at her, "Who are you?"

"I'm Amy, and who are you to push my friend around?"

Snively chuckled, "Couldn't find anyone your own age who'd put up with your pathetic immature nature, miscreant?" he asked Alison.

"Oh, so you wanna call names huh?" Alison asked acting her toughest. "Take your best shot!"

Without hesitation, he replied, "You're a prostrate breasted trollop."

Alison stared at Snively trying not to show she had no idea what he had just called her, "Oh yeah!" she ended up saying.

Snively scoffed at her, "You have no idea what I just said, admit it."

Alison turned to Amy, "What did he call me?" she whispered.

In her normal tone, she answered, "Flat cheated slut."

"HEY!" Alison angrily backed away from Amy, "I'm on your side."

Snively chuckled to himself and rubbed his face with his hand, "Oh boy," he muttered.

"That's what he called you," Amy told Alison.

"Oh..." Alison could feel her face turning a hot red, "I knew that..."

"Your incredible idiocy and lack of wit never ceases to amuse me," Snively said to Alison with a short laugh.

Alison rolled her eyes, "Whatever," was all she could think of.

"Well, as pleasant as it is watching you make a complete ass of yourself, I must be going."

"I know something that can make your day even more pleasant!" Amy chirped up.

Snively turned around to face her, "Not unless you are going to inflict pain upon your feeble-minded friend there."

"Actually," Amy reached into her pockets for her cards, "I can find out who your true love is."

Snively eyes perked open in an interested manner, but before he could speak, Alison interrupted, "No, Amy!" she held her hand out in front of Amy to stop her.

"What's wrong with you?" Amy demanded.

"Uh..." Alison thought for an excuse other than she didn't want Snively to find out who his true love was. If he found out, he might leave to go search for her, and Alison would be left all alone without him.

"Yeah, I wanna hear this," Snively grew more than intrigued as he stepped toward the young hedgehog. "Tell me, how do you plan to do this?"

Amy pulled the cards out, "With these tarot cards."

Snively's expressing seemed to grow quite fascinated by the idea. Alison rolled her eyes at him, "Oh, come on, Nose-boy! Don't tell me you believe in that stuff," she scolded.

Snively looked at her with his normal glare, "Anything is better than being here with you."

Alison's mouth nearly dropped open at his response. She felt as if someone had reached inside of her and pulled her heart out. So Snively wouldn't see her long face, she turned away and let her eyes water a bit, but soon after and as usual, anger began to built inside of her. "Fine!" she eventually yelled.

Amy and Snively turned to her.

"What fine?" Amy asked.

Alison pointed to Snively, "If you wanna put your whole life in the fate of a small bratty pink haired freak who's looking at pieces of cardboard with writing on them.." she began to advance on Snively as she ranted, "... to determine your future and whose supposed 'special powers' are no more real than the power I have to piss while standing and not make a mess, and who you just met, who just called you a creep, and who's been bugging the living fuck outta me since she came her," Alison's ranting turned to yelling now and her face turned fierce, "... if that's what you wanna do, Snively Kintobor, BE MY GUEST!!" she ended while putting her arms in front of her pointing to Amy.

Snively and Amy exchanged uncomfortable glances for a moment, then Amy spoke calmly to Alison, "Are you finished?"

Alison, who still panted a bit from her explosion, realized the scene she had just made and could feel herself growing hot from embarrassment. She stood up straight as if nothing had happened, "I still got a bit in me, but go ahead."

Snively walked past Alison purposely shoving her aside with his shoulder. It hasn't hurt Alison at all, but it was his way of telling her to back off. Alison obeyed and folded her arms in front of her chest.

Amy kneeled down on the floor and began shuffling her cards, "Now, I just need to ask you a few questions before I start."

Snively shrugged, "Fine with me," he then looked over at Alison with a rather odd smile, "But as long as it's okay with the queen of spasms over there."

Alison scolded back at him, "Whatever, dude."

Snively raised an eyebrow at Amy, "Dude..." he replied commenting on Alison's remark.

Amy chuckled in response.

"Hmmm... you passed her up already."

Snively eyes widened, "Who?"

"You're most compatible female. The cards say you've met her and you passed her up."

"When?" Snively asked astonished.

"A while ago..." she placed another card and her eyes suddenly became huge and her mouth nearly dropped to the floor, "WHOA!"

Both Alison and Snively spoke up this time, "What?"

Amy paused for a moment then quickly changed her expression to calm. She shrugged, "Nothin..."

Alison knelt down on the ground excitedly, "What? I bet he's gay. He's supposed to be with a guy right?" she smiled at Amy but Amy didn't return the glance. Alison's smile faded as she realized both Snively and Amy stared at her with a confused expression.

Snively sighed, "Do you... EVER listen to yourself talk?"

Alison shrugged in response, "Sometimes," she muttered.

Snively turned his attention back to Amy, "Why did you freak out like that just now?"

"Oh... uh... I just think I did something wrong," she went back to fiddling with the cards then she mumbled, "That's unbelievable."

Snively and Alison exchanged glances. Then a devious smile crossed Alison's lips, "You're gay aren't you?"

Instead of trying to respond to Alison, he turned to Amy, "Hurry up," he demanded sternly.

"Okay, not only did you pass her up, I've got the highest compatible rating ever!"

Alison tried not to show herself worrying deep inside. She wanted to take those cards, rip them up and throw them in the garbage which lay everywhere. NO way could she let Snively slip away from her when she was the one who wanted to hug him and kiss him tenderly. Could she possible tell him in their state of constant love and war and would he ever accept the truth?

She couldn't take it anymore, "Oh STOP! Just STOP!!"

"Now what?" Snively turned to her more than just a bit annoyed.

She grabbed his arms in almost a violent way and his facial expression became nearly irate, "Alison..." he began.

"No don't talk!" she inched herself closer to him as he leaned back trying to get away from her. "Oh, Snively I wanna be with you!" she shut her eyes, and touched her cheek to his, and he could do nothing but sit there and listen. He was far too confused to say or do anything except stare at her with his wide blue eyes. She placed her arm around his waist and cuddled herself into his chest, "Oh, Snively, I want you so badly I can taste you. I want to be yours and I want...."

A hand suddenly smacked Alison across the face, "Ow!" she rubbed her sore cheek. "Snively!" she scolded.

"That look you had on your face was scaring me."

Fortunately for her, it had been just a day dream, but part of her almost wanted to live that dream and live it forever.

Amy put down the last tarot card, "Let's see," she pointed to one and mumbled to herself trying to collect all the information she could. After a few seconds of mumbling, she bit her lower lip and stared at the cards.

"Yes?" Snively asked impatiently.

She put her hand to her mouth, "I must have done this wrong."

Snively rolled his eyes, "I don't have all day young lady."

"You were the one who wanted me to do this," Amy retorted picking up her cards.

Alison chuckled and folded her arms, "They probably said no girl wanted to be with you, and I'm sure it's true."

Snively glared at Alison but before he could respond Amy spoke, "They're supposed to tell who you're most compatible with and most likely to end up with," she began laying out the cards on the floor again.

"And you did you end up with, miscreant?" Snively asked Alison in a stuck up tone.

"Oh, please, I don't believe in all this fortune telling mumbo jumbo."

"Hey!" Amy looked up at Alison, "This is different from fortune telling! This takes a lot of practice and hard work, and these cards are right over ninety nine of the time."

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry," Alison freaked.

Once again Amy began reading her cards. Finally she scratched her head puzzled.

"What is it, now?" Snively asked annoyed.

"I got the same answer as before."

"So, what does it say all ready?" Snively grew more than a little impatient.

"Well to tell the honest truth," she stood up, "I've never seen so much compatibility."

Alison's ears perked up when she heard that. She could feel her stomach begin to twist at the horrid thought of Snively leaving Robotropolis running off to find this girl. She sickened at the idea of him finding her, and kissing her lips. A soul came across her face as she thought of this girl kissing the very lips of the one she treasured so much; of the one she longed to hold since the moment she came about Mobius, but can't because she's too shy to reveal her true feelings. Because of her shyness and bitter anger, the one body on Mobius keeping her going, hated her with an intense rage ready to burst at any moment.

"So, who is it?" Snively couldn't help but smile at the thought that he was about to find out his most likely future wife. He stood up anxious as ever to hear the truth.

"Well at eighty nine percent compatibility, and less than one percent chance of error, I'm just kind of surprised..."

"Get on with it!" Snively screamed.

"Yeah I'm curious too," Alison admitted.

"Okay, but..." Amy sighed, "After reviewing the cards twice, and getting higher results than ever before, I found that the female on Mobius you will most likely marry is..." she put her hand over her mouth and mumbled something.

Snively's could feel his impatience ready to burst, "Do you want to talk so I can hear you?" he asked through his bared teeth.

Amy chuckled, "Not really."

Alison couldn't take the suspense, "Come on, Amy! Tell him who he's gonna marry so we can get on with our lives! I mean, while we're young please!"

"Well.. okay, I'm sorry, I'm just a bit... shocked."

Snively's face nearly fell, "Oh boy..."

"The girl who's most compatible with you, and very compatible at that, is..." she took a deep breath, "Standing right next to you!" she finally replied quickly, then turning away.

At the same time Snively and Alison both blurted out in shock, "YOU???!"

Amy turned back to face them, "No... the other girl standing by you," she whispered loudly.

Alison felt her heart skip about two beats at this news. She gasped nearly chocking on her own breath as her hands flew to her mouth. Her wide eyes turned to meet Snively's who had a very similar expression, only for a much different reason.

Snively spoke first, "NO!" he said sternly and slowly. He pointed to Amy and opened his mouth to talk but could only sputter.

Alison, who had been holding her breath the whole time, finally started to breath again and tried to talk, "You... think... me.... and..." unfortunately, her reaction became much of that of Snively's.

Amy giggled at them, "You two are acting like each other all ready."

Alison started to talk to Snively but he held his hand out, "Shut up!" he ordered. "Just shut up! I don't wanna hear you talk!"

Ignoring his remark she asked, "What'd I do?"

Snively growled to himself and shut his eyes, "No," he shook his head, "I'm not ever gonna marry you." He pointed to Alison once again as if making his point even more clear, "Never!" he then shivered as if ridding a horrid thought from his mind.

After a short moment of uncomfortable silence, Snively shivered again, "Oh, no, no!" he began to walk away with his arms on his shoulders as if trying to protect himself, "No... no.." he walked a few feet then turned to face Amy again, "You're wrong!" he replied in an almost unrecognizable tone.

"It's not me, it's the cards," she replied in her usual calm voice.

Alison just stared at Snively, too stunned to speak and too afraid to anger him even more. The news was the most joyful she'd heard since she'd come to Mobius, but she didn't want to hurt Snively now.

Snively made eye contact with Alison for a second, then shook his head and walked away in the same manner all the while mumbling, "No... no... it won't happen...."

Alison and Amy remained silent as they watched Snively disappear from view.

"Well, that was weird..." was all Alison could think of.

"My work here is done," Amy replied; she energetically began skipping in the direction of Knothole.

"What do you mean by that?"

Without so much as another word, Amy turned and smiled, then headed in the other direction leaving Alison alone.

"WAIT!" Alison jogged after her. "Come back here!"

Back at Knothole, the next morning, Amy held her suitcase ready to head back to her home. Sally, Alison, Tails and the others said there goodbyes to her. Sonic energetically tore out of his hut and stopped in front of Amy, "Well guess it's time for you to go!" he felt kind of surprised that she hadn't bugged him much, but still wanted her to go. She usually made him feel uncomfortable, even when she didn't bother him. He hoped her tarot reading would have her find someone else to obsess over.

"I'll miss you, Amy," Tails' eyes narrowed. He loved having someone close to his age to play with, and hated to see her go.

"I'll be back," Amy replied.

Tails tried to perk up a bit, "Okay, if you say so."

"You'd better get going," Sonic said with a smile.

"Sure you don't wanna walk me home, Sonic?" Amy asked with a pleasurable smile.

"Uhhh..." Sonic backed away from her, "I have to... uh... clean... the..." he didn't finish his sentence.

Amy giggled at his reply, "Okay then, guess I'll go it alone."

"Sure you'll be okay?" Sally asked.

"Of course! I travel all the time," she began walking away, but turned around once more, "Goodbye!"

In reply, the Freedom Fighter's all waved to her as she walked away.

Alison, however, could not allow the nagging feeling inside her live on anymore. Before Amy was too far from view, she ran up to her, "AMY!" she called.

Amy turned, not surprised to see who had followed her.

"Wait up," Alison stopped in front of Amy, "Is what you said about me and Snively real?"

"Why would that matter to you? You said my readings were crap and mumbo jumbo," she retorted enjoying the look on Alison's face.

"Um..." she looked down to the ground, "I'm sorry okay? I just want to know if it's real."

"Well I gotta have some fun," was Amy's reply.

Alison's face fell, "So you made it up?"

"I didn't say I made it up,"

Alison grew frustrated with Amy not answering her question, "Look, yes or no? Is it true? Is what the cards said true? Or did you make it up?"

Amy smiled in reply, "It all depends on your beliefs."

"My beliefs in the cards?"

"Sure, and your beliefs on life."

Alison looked at her puzzled, "Can I just get a straight answer."

Amy shook her head, "That's as strait as I get," with those words, she frolicked away into the woods.

Alison watched her prance away, thinking to herself what Amy meant by her answers. She had a feeling Amy had lied to make fun of Snively, but part of her still had hope that she and Snively would be together someday. 

Sally lit some candles to provide a romantic glow in the dim room. She placed two candles in the center of the round table, where she had also set up four chairs for her friends to sit. She also set fancy placemats, and silverware at the four chairs. She stood back admiring the romantic scene, "This is sure to make Alison notice Rotor."

"Hey, Sal," Sonic came out from the back wearing a black vest and black shoes to match. He had combed his spikes back to give himself a suave look.

Sally took one look at him and smiled, "You are one sexy hedgehog," she replied.

"You look great, Sal," he admired the red, knee length gown she wore, and her white gloves. She held back her hair in a bun with a few loose strands.

"Thanks, Sonic," she gave him a quick kiss on his cheek. "Well, Rotor and Alison should be along soon."

"I hope this works, Sal. I hate to see Rote so depressed over a stupid tarot card."

"Well, we..." she stopped when she heard a creek at the door.

Both Sonic and Sally watched Rotor enter the room carrying a small rose. He wore a black suit coat with a bow tie, and also combed his hair back. "How you guys doing?" he asked a bit nervous.

"We're fine," Sally answered, "Alison's sure to notice you in that suit!"

"Thanks," Rotor blushed a bit, "I hope so."

After a small amount of silence, they could hear footsteps approaching the hut. They all turned to face the door and watch Alison come in. Rotor especially paid attention, not being able to wait to gaze at Alison's beauty.

SLAM! The door whipped open and in leaped Alison, carrying a frog, and covered in mud, "HEY GUYS!" she yelled excited, "I finally caught this damn frog and... why is it so dark in here?" without another word she flipped the light switch on.

Rotor, Sally and Sonic squinted and shielded their eyes as the bright lights filled the room.

"Alison..." Sally began annoyed.

"So what's for dinner? Chile dogs? Tacos? I'm starved," she then looked up and seemed to finally notice Sally and Sonic's annoyed expression along with everyone's nice clothes. "Sonic, you look good. What's the occasion? An anniversary." She turned to Rotor couldn't help the giggles that escaped her, "Motor Boat, hehe, you look like a dork."

Sally gasped at Alison's lack of etiquette, "Alison..." she began again, this time much more stern.

Before she could finish, Rotor let out a mournful grown and ran from the hut in embarrassment.

Alison watched him confusedly, "What's wrong with him?"

"Be right back, Sal," Sonic dashed out of the hut to go find his friend.

Sally looked at Alison angrily, "You..." she tried to think of the right word for the moment, "idiot!" she screamed.

"But..."

"But nothing, Alison. You barge in here like you own the place and carrying a dirty frog; you look like a swamp monster!"

"but..."

"What are you doing?"

Alison stared at Sally blankly, "What are YOU doing?" was all she could think of.

"Is this how you handle all your dates?"

Alison nearly jumped back, "Dates? Who's on a date?"

Sally threw her hands up in frustration, "YOU are!" she yelled.

"I am?" she asked.

"Yes, what did you think?"

"I thought it was just some kind of... friendly gathering like we always have," Alison replied innocently.

"But, what did Rotor say when he invited you?"

"I dunno... something like 'do you wanna come over to Sally's for dinner?' Now call me crazy, but that does NOT sound like a date invitation to me."

Sally sighed, "That doesn't give you any excuse on what you said to Rotor."

"Motor Boat? What'd I say to him?"

"You said he looked like a dork."

"Well he DID!" Alison retorted.

"That still doesn't give you the right," she had calmed down now.

Alison began to feel bad about what she had done; her eyes narrowed and she faced the ground, "I had no idea this was supposed to be a date. Why am I always the last to know?" she thought for a moment, "Here," she shoved the frog into Sally's stomach forcing Sally to take it. "I gotta go talk to Motor Boat," with that she jogged out of the hut.

Sally held the frog up noticing the wet mark it had made on her dress, "Oh boy..." she sighed.

Alison found Rotor and Sonic sitting on a log by the Ring Pool. Sonic and Rotor both turned and looked at Alison.

"You got a lot of nerve..." Sonic began as he stood up.

"Sonic!" Rotor took his arm, "It's okay, I can handle it."

"If you say so, Rote," Sonic sped off into the forest not going too far, incase his friend needed him.

Alison sat down next to Rotor. He didn't look at her, he just stared downward fiddling with the rose in his hand.

"Rotor," she started fully aware she used his real name, "you didn't say it was a date."

"I know," he sighed, "I was hoping you would have figured it out. I was afraid if I told you, you'd have said no."

"Well, I can't say I would have for sure said yes," she remarked quietly trying her best not to hurt his feelings.

"Because..." he began thinking of how to finish his sentence, "for some odd reason, you like Snively," he finished sitting back and stretching his legs out.

"And you're also a walrus. Where I come from hum.... overlanders didn't date walruses. We stayed with our own kind."

Finally Rotor looked at her, "That doesn't mean you can't change now."

Alison had to agree, "That's true, but change is hard sometimes. I'm still adapting to this planet."

"And sometime, change is good."

Alison could see this conversation seemed to be going around in circles; she decided to be blunt, "Rotor, you're a great friend and I do like you, but I don't like you how you like me..." she felt stupid saying it, but she had to.

"Well, why not?" he stared into her eyes awaiting an answer.

She shrugged, "Well, I guess, even after all that's happen, I'm still focused on Snively."

"But why?" he asked feeling a small lump in his throat, "I'm just like him. I can work on inventions, and I'm a lot nicer than he is. I'm also not evil and you have a much better chance with me. If you recall, I've never tried to kill you."

Alison thought for a moment; he had to point that out. "He's... just different," was all she could think of.

"I can talk in a snobby English voice if you wanted."

Alison chuckled and Rotor felt glad to hear it, "No, that's fine."

"It's not gonna change anything is it?"

She shook her head, "Not really."

"Or I could have my nose grow out five inches or so."

This time Alison laughed louder but didn't respond to his joke.

"Guess, I'd look pretty stupid then," he said softly.

"Well, Rotor, I like you for you. I don't want you to change to try to impress me. If you really want to get me to like you the way you like me, just be yourself and who knows what'll happen some day?"

"Yeah," Rotor said in a half happy half sad voice, "I know you're right."

"So, you okay?" she asked.

"I guess so. But I still can't believe you brought a frog into Sally's hut."

Again, Alison laughed, "I think the frog was the least of her problems."

"Yeah, I know..." Rotor became silent for a while, then said, "Well, I'll see ya."

Alison was kind of surprised at that reply, "You leaving?"

"Yeah," he stood up, "I got stuff to do and I'm tired."

She knew he was bluffing, "You sure?" she stood up as well.

"It's fine," he turned the other way and slowly began walking. He faced her once more, "See ya."

"Bye," she replied with a wave. She watched him walk away until he was too far to be seen.

Rotor with his head down, and arms limp through trying not to show his sullen expression. He thought about what Alison had said to him, then thought of Snively and how the night went. As he came to the entry to his workshop, he took one look at Alison's hut. Alison walked inside her hut, still dirty and looking quite tired. With a quick sigh, he creaked open his workshop door; he mumbled to himself, "That still doesn't change my feelings for you," and walked inside.

 

 

All comments about this fic can be written to me, Sonique, at soneec@sonicrules.zzn.com